PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2007, 10:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 800w
Carrier: Sprint

acs12798 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreigz View Post
Hey, guys, anyone out there use WebGuide? You see ... I have a Vista Media Center PC with recorded shows, music, etc. WebGuide is a free program which allows all your MC stuff to be streamed out on the net - available through just a web browser.

Anyway, everything worked fine until I installed the WM6 ROM to my Apache. Now, everythng but the video portion works. Meaning ... I can stream music, view pictures, etc; but, if I stream recorded TV I only get audio - no video.

I've confirmed it is still working with other devices. In fact, I can use my XV6700 WM6 as a Wireless Dialup modem for my laptop, and everything works. It only fails on the video on within Media player itself on the XV6700. Port 54396 is used for the web interface, and 54397 is used for the video. Can there be some kind of port problem, or do you think something is wrong internally with the Windows Media player in the Apache WM6 ROM?
I have confirmed that web guide video is working on my phone via PIE. I have set my profile for video for pocketpc and it automatically open WMP and play fine. I have no clue what is wrong with yours, sorry I can't help with that, but it does work at least in mine, so it is probably something other than the OS.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Apache

Ghettobob15 is a n00b
Hey people, Alright my problem about WM6 freezing at boot screen is gone...B
But now when I try to get on youtube. It freezes. I think this is because of Flash Player, when it tries to load 'Videos Currently being watched' which is flash. It freezes and I have to soft-reset...

So how can I take off Flash Player on my phone?

And its not in remove programs >_>

Last edited by Ghettobob15; 10-21-2007 at 12:17 PM.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul

avalon53 is a n00b
I just wanted to say that Helmi_c's badass WM6 has been working flawlessly on my Sprint PPC-6700 for a while now It runs very smooth and fast and all the apps work as they are supposed to. At first I was skeptical though but I'm glad that I pulled the trigger lol it blows WM5 out of the water. My friend with a 6800 is ------>

Custom WM6 6700...making iPhone, black berry, and MDA owners look SICK lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carbon.jpg (25.0 KB, 117 views) Click for barcode!
Old 10-22-2007, 04:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Apache

Ghettobob15 is a n00b
what are you using to play music on the today program?
Old 10-22-2007, 09:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

lightbiter is becoming a great contributor
i just wanted too pop in and say thanks too Helmi_c for all his hard work getting this out it has been working great for me for about three weeks now i can't wait till he comes out with the kitchen i took a look at the verisonguy kitchen version it's not too my tastes
Old 10-22-2007, 09:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul

avalon53 is a n00b
ghettobob: its the HTC Audio Plugin
Old 10-24-2007, 04:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700

bellwoodman is a n00b
I have a question, I searched but couldn't find the answer. Since I loaded this rom, when I receive Text messages, the person who sends it, their information doesn't show up. The message just starts in the from box. Is this a common problem and is there a fix?
Old 10-24-2007, 04:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

TMB_XV6700 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellwoodman View Post
I have a question, I searched but couldn't find the answer. Since I loaded this rom, when I receive Text messages, the person who sends it, their information doesn't show up. The message just starts in the from box. Is this a common problem and is there a fix?
bell,
Welcome to the site. Your search technique could use some improvement, since this problem has been plastered all over the forum (although you can be forgiven because here people do tend to use "SMS" rather than "text messaging".) After flashing the rom, you must a) Hard Reset your device; and b) Interrupt the carrier customizations by soft resetting during the countdown (after calibrating your touchscreen).
Good luck.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700

bellwoodman is a n00b
Thumbs up

Thanks for the help. That solved the problem quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMB_XV6700 View Post
bell,
Welcome to the site. Your search technique could use some improvement, since this problem has been plastered all over the forum (although you can be forgiven because here people do tend to use "SMS" rather than "text messaging".) After flashing the rom, you must a) Hard Reset your device; and b) Interrupt the carrier customizations by soft resetting during the countdown (after calibrating your touchscreen).
Good luck.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

Kreigz is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Kreigz
Windows Mobile Device Center

I've got a sync'ing problem ...

Running Vista, Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1, and if I have Advanced Network Functionality checked under USB to PC, my WM 6.0 Apache will not connect.

If I don't have the box checked, then I can connect, but when doing anything more than simple sync'ing (like transfering large files or sync'ing my SD card with my desktop Windows Media Player), the sync connection craps out and I have to restart the Apache to get ActivSync to work again.

Any ideas?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development