PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2007, 06:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Cricket

mranderson2go is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thank you so much Helmi_c! It works great! Ok so I've been working with it for less than a week and have found just a few things..... First when someone is calling me it takes about five rings on there side until mine starts to ring and i have about two seconds to answer until it goes to voice mail I tried ##778# and when i'm in view mode i cant change the Slot Cycle Index (SCI) in modem settings but it wont and so I go back and try to get into edit and it asks for an unlock code? does anybody know how to fix this or the code? I'm using cricket if its of any consolation and then when i send a txt message then a message comes to me that says its been delivered and i keep having to delete them so if anyone can direct in the right way it would be greatly appreciated thank you
Old 10-05-2007, 12:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint PPC6700

flyh60 is a n00b
I need Stupid People Instructions

I have not a clue about how to load this upgrade..Is there anyone out there that would be so kind to direct me to step by step Stupid people instuctions on how to upgrade my PPC 6700 so that I can enjoy the fruits of Helmi_c labor?? I've been so Pissed at Sprint for not making a Vista OS and now I finally have a chance to use this phone like I want to but I cannot without some help...I'm currenly in bootloader...took an hour to figure that out...my computer does not recognize the RAR file....what do I do now???
Old 10-05-2007, 01:04 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyh60 View Post
I have not a clue about how to load this upgrade..Is there anyone out there that would be so kind to direct me to step by step Stupid people instuctions on how to upgrade my PPC 6700 so that I can enjoy the fruits of Helmi_c labor?? I've been so Pissed at Sprint for not making a Vista OS and now I finally have a chance to use this phone like I want to but I cannot without some help...I'm currenly in bootloader...took an hour to figure that out...my computer does not recognize the RAR file....what do I do now???
Go to www.rarlabs.com and download winrar. Then install it and you will then be able to open up the rar file. Inside of there is an exe you'll need to double click on. The rest should be easy. Make sure you perform a hard reset after the flash is done (hold down both - keys on the front of the device while pressing the stylus in the reset hole--you'll get a prompt to press y on the screen). Then after it boots up and you see the prompts to align your screen, choose time zone, etc. get ready to do a soft reset as soon as you see a message on your screen about "Customizing the device in 3 seconds"--you need to interrupt that process because it will try to load old, incompatible files onto your device.

If that all sounds greek to you, you might want to reconsider doing this upgrade--you should have a fair amount of technical knowledge about these things (mostly by reading the forums here) before attempting a rom upgrade.

Also review the bug fix thread here in this forum (at least the first post and the last few pages) so you can be aware of the problems that exist.

Have fun!
Old 10-05-2007, 07:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: verizon vz6700

C5150 is a n00b
It worked great for me for about a halh an hour, then I did a soft reset, and it gets stuck at the Windows mobile screen! I tried to re install but still does the same thing!
HELP! Is my phone a brick?
Old 10-05-2007, 07:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700 Apache
Carrier: Sprint

bunnymud is a n00b
reinstall the factory ROM

see if that helps
Old 10-05-2007, 08:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: verizon vz6700

C5150 is a n00b
Got it to install again! See how it works! Thanks!
Old 10-05-2007, 09:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

LadySaat is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to LadySaat Send a message via Skype™ to LadySaat
trying to flash on an XP Sp2 machine, getting error that RAPI.dll was not found, reinstalling the app might fix it.

What do I do?
Old 10-05-2007, 10:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

TMB_XV6700 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadySaat View Post
trying to flash on an XP Sp2 machine, getting error that RAPI.dll was not found, reinstalling the app might fix it.

What do I do?
Perhaps try downloading and (re)installing Microsoft Activesync 4.5 from the MS web site. Rapi.dll is part of MSAS I think.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6700
Carrier: sprint

PocketforAll is a n00b
Just want to let you guys know that this site and all its members rule.

Did the ROM update 4 days ago and works great. I have the UTStarCom PPC 6700. No problems since then.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc imagio, thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

englishpanther is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to englishpanther
Ok, so Qwerty slide-out keyboard is only malfunctioning in Live search box on today screen....I can Live with that

I like the speeds on my piggyback BT PAN connection using Broadcomm 4321 N in Vista x64 - twice the speed I was getting from XP Pro sp2 x32 on other machine, check it out - http://www.speedtest.net/result/190223386.png

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development