PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2008, 01:55 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

xeroendo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apache WM6.1 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.19716 (Build 19716.1.0.0) - UPDATED 20080308

I did all this and I get a Country ID Error. What can I do to fix this?
Old 03-21-2008, 02:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougWare View Post
I just wanted to share what (with a little luck) will be the last issues I have with WM6.1.

For the first time, I tried the OEMIZER to setup my Exchange Server / Owner Info. It seems that even if I leave SSL unchecked (in the OEMIZER), ActiveSync still complains that my server's SSL cert is invalid. I go back through the ActiveSync Server settings on the device and the SSL block is missing from the setup process. If I rebuild the ROM without the personal oem, I can setup my activesync server up without a problem.

Doug
I misunderstood the SSL option in the provxml. If you use SSL or not, please check the box and try again. MSDN says it only shows/hides the SSL option itself, rather than turn SSL on/off. I'll work on rewording that checkbox and also adding a true SSL toggle.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Build Impressions

OK to Helmi and gang...you guys rock. This newbuild looks fantastic and I am very very pleased to see this available for us Apache users. If you keep this up I am never going to have any reason to get a newer device...lol!

Now for some issues:

1) Selected SDHC drivers in the build and the 5 second skipping is back when playing music off my 8 gig SDHC card.

2) Selected HTC Smartdialing and the Ibliss Phonepad, but the dialer does not come up when selected, either by pressing the green phone button, or by manually selecting Phone through the menus.

So far thats what I have come up with in my limited testing. Any ideas for these?

Thanks,
Steve
Old 03-21-2008, 08:05 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeroendo View Post
I did all this and I get a Country ID Error. What can I do to fix this?
Use the NoID ruu.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:07 AM
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher2011 View Post
So this is what it says ggurusa, "error building system" i dont know what to do about that.
99% change you selected too much. It'd be easier to tell if you posted the last 15 or so lines from the build status. Highlight them, click copy to clipboard, paste to forum.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700 & 6800/ Touch Pro/ now Htc Incredible
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

charleskincade is just getting started

hey guys, i know this has already been discussed, but what's the deal with the excessive battery drainage in the wm 6.1
Wasn't all of that fixed with the new upgrade? What can I do to change that because I didn't have this problem using wm5 or the first few rom releases of wm6 up to build 5.1620. Beaming is off and htc home plug disabled, no wp but all I have running is spb mobile shell 2.0. Please help!
Old 03-21-2008, 09:01 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....
Carrier: Sprint

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by charleskincade View Post
hey guys, i know this has already been discussed, but what's the deal with the excessive battery drainage in the wm 6.1
Wasn't all of that fixed with the new upgrade? What can I do to change that because I didn't have this problem using wm5 or the first few rom releases of wm6 up to build 5.1620. Beaming is off and htc home plug disabled, no wp but all I have running is spb mobile shell 2.0. Please help!
Press power button...do not turn back on....problem solved

SHOW me excessive drain with actual stats and data and what you are running

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 03-21-2008, 09:08 AM
Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel View Post
Press power button...do not turn back on....problem solved

SHOW me excessive drain with actual stats and data and what you are running
Seriously, I've seen several posts about excessive drain, and they all show less power draw using acbPowermeter w/ 6.1 than w/ 6. This indicates that network activity and other high draw usage is the factor, not 6.1.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZ-6800 (previously VZ-6700)

DougWare is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to DougWare Send a message via Yahoo to DougWare

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiermann View Post
I misunderstood the SSL option in the provxml. If you use SSL or not, please check the box and try again. MSDN says it only shows/hides the SSL option itself, rather than turn SSL on/off. I'll work on rewording that checkbox and also adding a true SSL toggle.
I'll give it try once I get home. Perhaps the box should be labeled something like "Enable SSL checkbox".

Thanks for setting me straight on that, I'll let you know if I have further issues.

Doug
Old 03-21-2008, 01:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900

jacksplat is just getting started

okay, stupid question. Can the BuildOS tool also do a titan? I'm considering a 6800 and would love to use this on it.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development