PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2007, 10:06 PM
N00b

rbeaufor is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ROM is build but doesn't flash

OK, I just had to get a new phone because my last one was broken.

I tried to build the same rom from the kitchen I had on my previous device.

The ROM appears to build OK, however when I place the phone in BL mode (1.04, BTW) and connect it, it immediately says finished......the ROM fails to flash.

I cannot seem to find where this error has been reproduced before.

Any thoughts...

I tried changinf the RUU from 'standard' to x.04+ based on something I read in another post -this made no difference.
WM6.1
Custom ROM
Old 12-01-2007, 10:24 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeaufor View Post
OK, I just had to get a new phone because my last one was broken.

I tried to build the same rom from the kitchen I had on my previous device.

The ROM appears to build OK, however when I place the phone in BL mode (1.04, BTW) and connect it, it immediately says finished......the ROM fails to flash.

I cannot seem to find where this error has been reproduced before.

Any thoughts...

I tried changinf the RUU from 'standard' to x.04+ based on something I read in another post -this made no difference.
Yes with bootloader 1.04 you do need to change the RUU to x.04+. That is absolutely critical. Try building a different ROM from scratch, setting the RUU to x.04+ and try again. Also, try a different USB port, cable, and remove any USB hubs in the chain. Also, try flashing without first putting the phone in bootloader mode (i.e. plug it in after booting normally).
Old 12-02-2007, 12:09 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV3850 with full gps (thanks eRice, SCrosler, and bored)
Carrier: Verizon

ajgalbraith98 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50Pesos View Post
Ok I am so new at this and having problems finding solutions to some errors in my new ROM.

I am having inout problems.

1 sometimes when I use the keyboard the top row will only allow numbers unless I use the letter recognizer.

2 sometimes when using the letter recognizer it will not write, every time I put in a letter it just dings at me?

3 is just a question. i have unlimited internet and data on sprint but not the tethering package. I use to use pdanet. Now with the new ROM the internet share works. Am I most likely getting charged from sprint on this?

If this has been previously posted I appologize in advance (please dont flame me). I did try the search feature and found nothing. I do find it difficult that I am the only one having this issue.

Happy Holidays
1. Do you mean the hardware keyboard is stuck on numbers (that happens when you press the Function DOT twice [it's a feature...function lock...very handy]) just tap it again to release function lock. OR Do you mean when you press shift or caplock you don't get symbols? OR do you mean when you gesture up it doesn't properly put the symbol OR you see a 10-key number pad (plus symbols) (the tenkey button is in the upper left corner of the soft keyboard, just tap it to return to normal keyboard). Basically can you discribe more of what your experiencing?

2. Thats the letter recognizer telling you it hates you. It's normal, write clearer, smoother, more Microsofty (less Palm), OR try changing the options for the letter recognizer (there are only three, found when you choose "options..." in your SIP menu (where you change from keyboard to letter recognizer), OR ditch the recognize user the hardware keyboard... its particularly good for ... typing

3. I have never paid for tether, I have tethered alot. Your mileage may vary.

--ajgalbraith98
Old 12-02-2007, 09:55 PM
N00b

rbeaufor is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill View Post
Yes with bootloader 1.04 you do need to change the RUU to x.04+. That is absolutely critical. Try building a different ROM from scratch, setting the RUU to x.04+ and try again. Also, try a different USB port, cable, and remove any USB hubs in the chain. Also, try flashing without first putting the phone in bootloader mode (i.e. plug it in after booting normally).
Thanks for the expedient reply.

I tried exiting build os, rebuilding from scratch, and retrying on different USB....no luck

Then tried without phone in BL mode...no luck

finally rebooted my laptop...interestingly build os was having a problem closing, finally had to 'end task' (hmmm...what was that about???)

rebuilt ROM nd tried to reflash in BL mode....this time got error 201, the device wasn't recognized

finally rebuilt ROM again and did NOT put phone in BL mode....worked flawlessly!!

Still not too sure what the cause of the error was, but thanks for the advice. Happy to be up and running again!!!!
Old 12-02-2007, 10:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: TelkomFlexi Indonesia

w1sdom is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to w1sdom
I've got this error
"PPC-BuildOS has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
And I must choose whether to send error report or not..
What's wrong? I'm using XP Pro as my OS
Old 12-03-2007, 01:26 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1sdom View Post
I've got this error
"PPC-BuildOS has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
And I must choose whether to send error report or not..
What's wrong? I'm using XP Pro as my OS
No idea. Maybe if you tell us what you did just before getting that error?

My guess is you bungled the install.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:31 AM
Deep Thinker
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeaufor View Post
Thanks for the expedient reply.

I tried exiting build os, rebuilding from scratch, and retrying on different USB....no luck

Then tried without phone in BL mode...no luck

finally rebooted my laptop...interestingly build os was having a problem closing, finally had to 'end task' (hmmm...what was that about???)

rebuilt ROM nd tried to reflash in BL mode....this time got error 201, the device wasn't recognized

finally rebuilt ROM again and did NOT put phone in BL mode....worked flawlessly!!
The only reason I can think of for having to "end task" is if you are in the middle of a build when you tried to exit.

Did you put the phone in bootloader Before connecting the cable?
Old 12-03-2007, 05:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: TelkomFlexi Indonesia

w1sdom is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to w1sdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
The only reason I can think of for having to "end task" is if you are in the middle of a build when you tried to exit.

Did you put the phone in bootloader Before connecting the cable?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
No idea. Maybe if you tell us what you did just before getting that error?

My guess is you bungled the install.
I just download the new BuildOS that linked in the beginning of thread, unzip it and run the exe file. anything wrong..? I'm newbie here so it will benice if there is a link(s) about BuildOS for dummies like me..
Old 12-03-2007, 10:08 AM
Deep Thinker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1sdom View Post
I just download the new BuildOS that linked in the beginning of thread, unzip it and run the exe file. anything wrong..? I'm newbie here so it will benice if there is a link(s) about BuildOS for dummies like me..
Yes, you did it wrong. Don't run buildos.exe directly. Look on your desktop - there will be a shortcut for the kitchen. Use that.

Read tips.txt.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:18 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP
and make sure you unzipped it to the right place:
c:\buildos\buildos by default I believe.

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development