PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2007, 06:34 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New BuildOS - Report Bugs Here

This is the place to report any bugs you experience with the new BuildOS. Please try to be as thorough as possible in your descriptions (specifically: the error you got, the last few lines of the BuildStatus window (if applicable), and what you were doing when you got it). I will update this first post regularly as bugs are found/fixed.

ALL VERSIONS PRIOR TO 08/25/08 RELEASE ARE NO LONGER SUPPORTED.
If you are using an older release, you should upgrade to the 08/25/08 kitchen.

User Error:
1. Can't find ROM
- Your kitchen is incomplete. Either you are missing a needed .rar or you did not use a selections.txt file when launching BuildOS.

Known Issues:
1. Column headers may have letters one off from the actual letters.
- if you experience this issue, please post your OS, SP level, language, and version of .Net installed (including SP level).

2. When using the group buttons on the left, the group isn't scrolled to the same place on the right all the time.

3. 2.04/2.05 bootloader phones can have a rom that is too "full" without getting the "max rom size exceeded" error. The symptom will be white boot screen.
- currently, remove about 300K of OEMs to work around the issue.

Fixed Issues:

If you use updater and get a File Not Found error downloading Upater.exe or the kitchen help file, you MUST download updater.exe manually from http://ppckithen.org/downloads/updater.exe and place it in c:\program files\ppckitchen.org\buildos\updater (replace the existing file)
Attached Files
File Type: zip PPC-BuildOS.zip (577.8 KB, 3182 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by gguruusa; 08-26-2008 at 02:41 AM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900 / Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

vilord is just getting started
Okay, so its not a bug, more a feature request. And I won't take credit for the idea. Could we get a Nero-style size bar at the bottom of the screen? (I'm thinking as when you add items to your CD it shows usage like a percent complete bar, and it is green until you go over 650mb)
That, or just a column next to OEM Author as OEM Size?

Thanks for everyone's hard work, looks amazing so far!
Old 11-05-2007, 01:18 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by vilord View Post
Okay, so its not a bug, more a feature request. And I won't take credit for the idea. Could we get a Nero-style size bar at the bottom of the screen? (I'm thinking as when you add items to your CD it shows usage like a percent complete bar, and it is green until you go over 650mb)
That, or just a column next to OEM Author as OEM Size?

Thanks for everyone's hard work, looks amazing so far!
Both are on my todo list. It's not as straightforward as you might think, however, so it will be some time before a version containing this feature is released.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache
Carrier: Sprint

kevdawg is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to kevdawg Send a message via MSN to kevdawg Send a message via Yahoo to kevdawg Send a message via Skype™ to kevdawg
I loaded BuildOS and got this error.

an attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format

I am running XP x64 ed.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevdawg View Post
I loaded BuildOS and got this error.

an attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format

I am running XP x64 ed.
I have the same issue on Vista x64, so it must be a 64bit OS problem
Old 11-05-2007, 01:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache

kevdawg is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to kevdawg Send a message via MSN to kevdawg Send a message via Yahoo to kevdawg Send a message via Skype™ to kevdawg
Maybe someone will make a fix soon for that. I really didnt want to have to build this on my laptop but i will if i have to. I can't wait.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:31 PM
Lurker

Gewrew is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to Gewrew Send a message via AIM to Gewrew Send a message via MSN to Gewrew Send a message via Yahoo to Gewrew
i posted in the other thread about my issue with the missing .dll file. i actually solved that issue by copying the msvcr71.dll file from the \tools\ folder to the buildos\ root folder. it seems to go through without a hitch now. only problem is, i get stuck when i try to flash the rom. it's not finding my device.

i'm running bootloader v1.04 (at least that's what it says on the bottom of the screen).

edit: the exact error code i'm getting is Error 201. "get device data error". i've followed the steps in the documentation for RUU, but i'm still getting the same error.

Last edited by Gewrew; 11-05-2007 at 05:01 PM.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:53 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gewrew View Post
i posted in the other thread about my issue with the missing .dll file. i actually solved that issue by copying the msvcr71.dll file from the \tools\ folder to the buildos\ root folder. it seems to go through without a hitch now. only problem is, i get stuck when i try to flash the rom. it's not finding my device.

i'm running bootloader v1.04 (at least that's what it says on the bottom of the screen).

edit: the exact error code i'm getting is Error 201. "get device data error". i've followed the steps in the documentation for RUU, but i'm still getting the same error.
Your device has the new bootloader on it. In the BuildOS window at the top of the screen you'll see a drop down that says "Standard". Click that and choose the X.04+ option and try building again.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:12 PM
Lurker

Gewrew is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to Gewrew Send a message via AIM to Gewrew Send a message via MSN to Gewrew Send a message via Yahoo to Gewrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill View Post
Your device has the new bootloader on it. In the BuildOS window at the top of the screen you'll see a drop down that says "Standard". Click that and choose the X.04+ option and try building again.
thanks a ton, worked like a charm. thanks to all you guys that worked on this.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Touch Pro2, EVO 4G

toviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to toviaheli Send a message via MSN to toviaheli Send a message via Yahoo to toviaheli Send a message via Skype™ to toviaheli
I don't get this one. Tried building using the new kitchen, buildOS gives me this error message every time, no matter how lean or full I pack the ROM. This started from the first attempt with an absolute basic ROM, "nk.nbf not found"

I take it this is a reference to one of the startup splash screens?

The Book of GOD: Helping Spiritual orphans know God their Father completely!
The New Book by TOV ROSE www.TovRose.com
Get it now on Amazon.com: http://www.createspace.com/3582133

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development