PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2007, 12:44 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan07 View Post
The result is the same. So basically that file, with this new format, cannot be edited. Or, you know, I'm doing something wrong.
I'm going to go with the 2nd option

I haven't looked at your files yet, but it's definitely something you're doing wrong.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Ryan07 is just getting started
Yes, that was simply to be able to add the attachment. One from BuildOS and one from the 3.5.1.0.4 kitchen.

Hurray, my first post from my phone!
Old 11-10-2007, 01:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro - Conflipper ROM
Carrier: Alltel

sagamoredad is a n00b
Thumbs up Issues with OEMizer

First off the whole thing is awesome. The following are a couple of issues I am having with the OEMizer:

1. The address in the Owners info doesn't seem to stick. I save it as a default but when I close it and come back it is blank. All other fields are OK. Once they are in the OEM folder they make it to the phone just fine.

2. For both the POP3/IMAP4 and MAil2Web/Exchange radio buttons. When I select either one I cannot enter any data in the fields. Everything is just greyed out.

3. For the Inernet & PIE field I cannot get the hompeage to transfer to the phone. I can enter the fields OK and they seem to be saved correctly but they don't get to the phone.

4. Not sure if this is Kitchen or OEMizer. I was able to add my personal theme and it made it to the phone and shows up as the selected theme. However the phone is still displaying the default theme. It only takes effect when I select another theme and go back to my personal theme.

I am using the kitchen, tools and OEM files from the 071108_1 build.

Also can anyone give some "big picture" help and explain to a noob how to use the features in the "files & shortcuts", "additional registry entries", "autorun" and the patches folder?

Thanks in advance and keep up the friggin awesome work !!!!!
Old 11-10-2007, 04:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4

daveedem is just getting started
Thought I'd move my one post over here instead since it's really build OS.

BUILDOS question ---- I put tiermann's split Office files in the UserOEM folder. Now whenever I go back into the build OS it tellsme "required module not in project Module Office Excel", then a ref number. I have to do this for each of the 3 folders, Word, PP and Excel. BUT once BuildOS comes up, they are listed in the selections area. and they install properly.

Not really a bug, just a nuisance.

I really like the fact I can save my settings from previous flashes.....
Old 11-10-2007, 11:26 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveedem View Post
Thought I'd move my one post over here instead since it's really build OS.

BUILDOS question ---- I put tiermann's split Office files in the UserOEM folder. Now whenever I go back into the build OS it tellsme "required module not in project Module Office Excel", then a ref number. I have to do this for each of the 3 folders, Word, PP and Excel. BUT once BuildOS comes up, they are listed in the selections area. and they install properly.

Not really a bug, just a nuisance.

I really like the fact I can save my settings from previous flashes.....
Did you put the Hidden-Office-Requirements folder into OEM?

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 11-10-2007, 11:40 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagamoredad View Post
First off the whole thing is awesome. The following are a couple of issues I am having with the OEMizer:

1. The address in the Owners info doesn't seem to stick. I save it as a default but when I close it and come back it is blank. All other fields are OK. Once they are in the OEM folder they make it to the phone just fine.
You cannot save the owner info as of yet. I believe tiermann he was working on this issue

Quote:
2. For both the POP3/IMAP4 and MAil2Web/Exchange radio buttons. When I select either one I cannot enter any data in the fields. Everything is just greyed out.
After you hit radio button click on the word (pop/imap4) beside the button. The box will open in the right pane. You have to click new. Then click on the account in the bottom pane - Named New Account - Fill in your info and hit save.

Quote:

3. For the Inernet & PIE field I cannot get the hompeage to transfer to the phone. I can enter the fields OK and they seem to be saved correctly but they don't get to the phone.
Not sure on this one but a search may help. I believe I saw someone else ask this.

Quote:
4. Not sure if this is Kitchen or OEMizer. I was able to add my personal theme and it made it to the phone and shows up as the selected theme. However the phone is still displaying the default theme. It only takes effect when I select another theme and go back to my personal theme.
Sounds like a problem for the pro's
Old 11-11-2007, 01:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Droid Eris / Blackberry Bold
Carrier: Verizon

kingjoelking is a n00b
When I Build OS. i get to the end where it says encode. I pick the Sprint.prj then then continue. Get the screen that says encode. click on encode and it says "Failed to get FAT16 filesize" click on ok and then im stuck. By the way i am a complete newbie to this. In fact i would qualify myself as a newtard. Thanks.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:15 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
make sure all of your paths are correct. There is a little bug with the HTC64 encoder where if you have used it before in a previous kitchen, it will use those paths. So, on your first build, you should make sure you are using the correct paths to the .prj as well as the .nba and .nbf.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 11-11-2007, 01:24 AM
Lurker

kingjoelking is a n00b
This is my 1st build ever. I am pretty sure prj file is correct. What should the path be for rom and fat files?
Old 11-11-2007, 01:30 AM
Lurker

kingjoelking is a n00b
Oops i mean waht should the path be for the .nba and .nbf?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development