PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2007, 07:17 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by toviaheli View Post
I don't get this one. Tried building using the new kitchen, buildOS gives me this error message every time, no matter how lean or full I pack the ROM. This started from the first attempt with an absolute basic ROM, "nk.nbf not found"

I take it this is a reference to one of the startup splash screens?
Extremely common error. You did not select the prj file from the proper folder during the encoding step. Unfortunately the HTC64 tool memorizes the last kitchen folder you were in, so when you chose the prj for you carrier it was from another kitchen folder. You should make it a habit to back out to C: and then purposely drill back down to the correct folder (in this case it would be C:\BuildOS\Tools unless you modified that path during install).

That will solve your problem.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Touch Pro2, EVO 4G

toviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to toviaheli Send a message via MSN to toviaheli Send a message via Yahoo to toviaheli Send a message via Skype™ to toviaheli
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill View Post
Extremely common error. You did not select the prj file from the proper folder during the encoding step. Unfortunately the HTC64 tool memorizes the last kitchen folder you were in, so when you chose the prj for you carrier it was from another kitchen folder. You should make it a habit to back out to C: and then purposely drill back down to the correct folder (in this case it would be C:\BuildOS\Tools unless you modified that path during install).

That will solve your problem.
LOL. Duh! You think after flashing a few hundred ROM's I'd remember that!
Thanks luv2chill

-TOV

The Book of GOD: Helping Spiritual orphans know God their Father completely!
The New Book by TOV ROSE www.TovRose.com
Get it now on Amazon.com: http://www.createspace.com/3582133
Old 11-05-2007, 07:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache

kevdawg is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to kevdawg Send a message via MSN to kevdawg Send a message via Yahoo to kevdawg Send a message via Skype™ to kevdawg
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
3. Invalid format error when trying to start application on x64 OS. Not sure you can flash from an x64 OS even if it does run, but i'll try to resolve the Invalid format problem.
I dont know if the tools have changed drastically since the old kitchen but with the older tools we have always been able to use x64 OSes (Vista and XP) to flash the ROMs.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:55 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevdawg View Post
I dont know if the tools have changed drastically since the old kitchen but with the older tools we have always been able to use x64 OSes (Vista and XP) to flash the ROMs.
Really? I'll remove that then. The tools have changed substantially, however. Please see me in the chat room - I need you to test a few things so I can narrow the problem down.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6850
Carrier: Verizon

kyppcgeek is keeping up the good workkyppcgeek is keeping up the good work
Here is Builders' Base BuildOS config.

this has the bare minumum necessary for a good kitchen install with apps you will need. see the attached file.

U just need to change your .prj file.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

phoenx06 is keeping up the good workphoenx06 is keeping up the good work
Me and GGuruUSA are working on the 64 bit OS problem
Make sure you give props to all those who keep this site running, as well as those who provide all those ever-so-useful ROMs and applications. If someone helps you out, or answers a question of yours, be sure to click the "Thanks" button.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:51 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyppcgeek View Post
this has the bare minumum necessary for a good kitchen install with apps you will need. see the attached file.

U just need to change your .prj file.
Can you upload the config that leads to white screen for me, please?
Old 11-06-2007, 12:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
Really? I'll remove that then. The tools have changed substantially, however. Please see me in the chat room - I need you to test a few things so I can narrow the problem down.
Yeah, I haven't had any issues to date on Vista x64, not even connection problems that require new drivers or the change in the connection settings in WMDC. Hopefully you can get this resolved then, it would be much appreciated.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:15 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6700

dpdurst is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to dpdurst
Changing network service locks up phone

I'm not sure this is a bug, but did not notice this till the new kitchen build. If I go into the phone, options, services and then network service and change the setting from EVDO to 1x or the other setting or just go in there and do nothing but say ok, it resets the phone. If I have one of the task managers on the top bar (HTC) then it locks up the device. I have to either hard reset it and then remove the task manager and put it back or leave it off. If I do remove it and put it back its fine after this and no longer locks up
SG288 Bluetooth LCD GPS

Last edited by dpdurst; 11-06-2007 at 01:25 AM.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

gbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpdurst View Post
I'm not sure this is a bug, ... no longer locks up
This thread is for bugs with BuildOS, not with the kitchen itself. But to answer your question, that has happened with every ROM as far as I know. Simple solution: don't open that panel unless you plan to change the mode

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development