PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2007, 11:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: reliance

sunny1974 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
i downloaded the latest files and built a rom.. it worked good .. but i realised later on that the spb plus bug wasnt fixed in it.kept saying register.. so i downloaded the given oem and dragged n dropped it in the oem folder.. and refreshed the buildos it showed me the newly added spb plus 4 in 2 options- one complete and the 2nd safe mode part only.... is this the correct way of getting the new version to work? or i need to put it in patches or sumthing? how does the patch thing work? btw the new buildos rocks and makes it soooo easy..
thanks a ton guys..
Old 11-18-2007, 12:04 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny1974 View Post
i downloaded the latest files and built a rom.. it worked good .. but i realised later on that the spb plus bug wasnt fixed in it.kept saying register.. so i downloaded the given oem and dragged n dropped it in the oem folder.. and refreshed the buildos it showed me the newly added spb plus 4 in 2 options- one complete and the 2nd safe mode part only.... is this the correct way of getting the new version to work? or i need to put it in patches or sumthing?
You shouldn't need or be using the patchesdir with this release, but it simply copies the files in it into the rom, overwriting files of the same name if they exist. Patches dir was the only way of making changes to core files prior to the 071117 kitchen release. With the 071117 kitchen, you should now be able to accomplish the same action, better, through an OEM.

When you say you "dropped it in the oem folder", I assume you mean User_OEM? If so, yes, that's the correct way to do it.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

avaya is a n00b
Gguru.. a question for you.

is there a need to have to select the PRJ file if you already select the provider? BuildOS could determine which PRJ file to use base on the provider selection. Unless there some other reason not to.

just a thought..

thanks for the updated version.. it's great...

avaya
Old 11-18-2007, 01:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

BlackDobe is a n00b
Thumbs up

First off, great work guys. All of your hard work and dedication is greatly appreciated.

Secondly, has any else experienced with the latest kitchen (Helmi_WM6_Apache_Kitchen_071117_1.exe) that during a call the left softkey no longer responds to bring up the menu to enable speaker phone and the other objects? This functionality has worked in the previous kitchen ROMs and doesn't seem to work in this version.

Also an error pops when opening the new kitchen indicating the provider is incorrect. Once a provider is selected the kitchen functions as normal.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:50 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDobe View Post
First off, great work guys. All of your hard work and dedication is greatly appreciated.

Secondly, has any else experienced with the latest kitchen (Helmi_WM6_Apache_Kitchen_071117_1.exe) that during a call the left softkey no longer responds to bring up the menu to enable speaker phone and the other objects? This functionality has worked in the previous kitchen ROMs and doesn't seem to work in this version.

Also an error pops when opening the new kitchen indicating the provider is incorrect. Once a provider is selected the kitchen functions as normal.
Please repost your first question in the kitchen bug thread. Include the selections.txt file with your selected OEMs in it.

The second issue you reported is a known bug and yeah it's no problem if you just select your carrier at the top and save your selections.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch pro
Carrier: sprint

nelly48237 is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to nelly48237
when i pick my selections and attempt to build my rum, i get error: 'could not find 'C:\BUILDOS\TEMP\DUMP\.NETCF 3.5RC2\imageinfo.bin.... any ideals why this is happening?
Old 11-18-2007, 08:45 PM
Deep Thinker
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by avaya View Post
Gguru.. a question for you.

is there a need to have to select the PRJ file if you already select the provider? BuildOS could determine which PRJ file to use base on the provider selection. Unless there some other reason not to.
Currently they do two very different things, so yes, you must select the carrier in the toolbar dropdown and also select your carrier in the carriers section of the OEMs.

Pre-selecting one based on the other is on the drawing board, but there are a multitude of things to implement/change before it'll be possible.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:48 PM
Deep Thinker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill View Post
The second issue you reported is a known bug and yeah it's no problem if you just select your carrier at the top and save your selections.
Not a bug...it's a warning that you didnt' select your carrier in the drop down. You can build either way, but if you use the drop down your choice will be saved for later builds and your build will be a little more friendly.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:49 PM
Deep Thinker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly48237 View Post
when i pick my selections and attempt to build my rum, i get error: 'could not find 'C:\BUILDOS\TEMP\DUMP\.NETCF 3.5RC2\imageinfo.bin.... any ideals why this is happening?
Yes, please post your selections.txt.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch pro
Carrier: sprint

nelly48237 is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to nelly48237
These are my pics:
CARRIER CUSTOMIZER
sprint
extromunlock
IMAGING
htc album
htc camera
GENERAL UTILITIES
comm manager
dict editor
fix unread count
ftouch flo
notify me
smartkey
softkey applet
vjcandela
wm5storage
SD CARD DIVERS
sd card support only
TETHERING
modem link
wireless modem
internet sharing
SYSTEM COMPONENT
windows update
enterprise protcals
.NET compact framework
BLUETOOTH
bluetooth A2DP drive
bluetooth hid drive
bt bpp
bt ftp
GAMES
solitatar...
DOCUMENT VIEWERS
office mobile
onenote...
PHM note pad
PHONE
ibliss phone pad
wm6 viop
htc smartdialing
##codes
SOFT IMPUT PANELS
transcriber
htc touch keyboard
touchpad
INTERNET
window live
remote desktop mobile
adobe flashplayer
ie tools
pie plus
CALCULATOR
spb artic blue calculator skin
TWEAKS
-0-
TODAY PLUGGINS
htc home
MMS
arcost mms
PIM
ppc contact manager
VOICE CONTROL
cyberon voice command
TODAY SCREEN LOCK
slide2unlock
DEVELOPMENT
-0-
JAVA
esmertec jbed java
MULTIMEDIA
flash video bundle
htc audio manager
htc streaming media player
htc voice recorder
htc wmp skins
music id
sprint tv
FILE MANAGER
gs finder...
resco explorer 2007
PERFORMANCE
htcperformance
TASK MANAGER
htc task manager
COMPRESSION
htc zip...
pocket rar
BACKUP
fdcsoft...
BATTER METER
lvm top bat
LOCATIONS AND MAPS
-0-
CUSTOMIZATION
rc mod
addtional sound
addtional ringtones
KEYBOARD SKIN
bl osxblue key board skin
RSS READER
viigo

if you can help me, i would appreciate

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development