PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2007, 07:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

Kolano is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancadman View Post
I'm not sure if this where I should post this or not, but I would like be able to choose themes like the ones JBabey created. I put one of his OEMs in, but I gets several errors when trying to add it. I guess it has a default one setup and won't copy over the existing files. Just a thought. Anyone else interested?
This should be resolvable by moving each file it errors on to the "Patches" folder, though obviously this makes switching among themes more difficult.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:42 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolano View Post
This should be resolvable by moving each file it errors on to the "Patches" folder, though obviously this makes switching among themes more difficult.
This issue will be addressed in the next release of BuildOS.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:27 PM
Deep Thinker
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
As a special service to those who have Donated via the about page in BuildOS, a sneak peak of the next version of BuildOS is available. Ftp site and credentials have been e-mailed to you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagamoredad View Post
First off the whole thing is awesome. The following are a couple of issues I am having with the OEMizer:

1. The address in the Owners info doesn't seem to stick. I save it as a default but when I close it and come back it is blank. All other fields are OK. Once they are in the OEM folder they make it to the phone just fine.

2. For both the POP3/IMAP4 and MAil2Web/Exchange radio buttons. When I select either one I cannot enter any data in the fields. Everything is just greyed out.

3. For the Inernet & PIE field I cannot get the hompeage to transfer to the phone. I can enter the fields OK and they seem to be saved correctly but they don't get to the phone.

4. Not sure if this is Kitchen or OEMizer. I was able to add my personal theme and it made it to the phone and shows up as the selected theme. However the phone is still displaying the default theme. It only takes effect when I select another theme and go back to my personal theme.

I am using the kitchen, tools and OEM files from the 071108_1 build.

Also can anyone give some "big picture" help and explain to a noob how to use the features in the "files & shortcuts", "additional registry entries", "autorun" and the patches folder?

Thanks in advance and keep up the friggin awesome work !!!!!
Yeah, so this is the BuildOS bugs thread, not OEMizer thread

Before criticizing someone, first walk a mile in his shoes...
Then when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:42 AM
Deep Thinker
Threadstarter

There's a new version of OEMizer out since 11/08/07, not sure what, if any, of the issues listed above it addresses. Give it a try and report back.

As to the patches folder, it's for the kitchen staff to supply minor fixes to the kitchen without releasing a new kitchen build. You can use it to overwrite files in the kitchen as well, by simply dropping your files in the folder. Currently, it's the only way shy of extracting the .rar contents to do things like dialer and welcomhead96.png replacement. The next version of BuildOS has proper support for core file replacement by OEMs without using the patches folder.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia II

Robtao is keeping up the good workRobtao is keeping up the good work
Under Tools:
Imageconvertor
Imageconverter

Duplicate?

Verizon: XV6700, XV6800 w/ROMs cooked in PPCGeeks Kitchen, Omnia i910 with cac2us ROM and Omnia 2 with Ninja4Hire's ROMS.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Kolano is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robtao View Post
Under Tools:
Imageconvertor
Imageconverter

Duplicate?
The first one should be labeled BuildOS, but the config file in the current release is muffed up. A updated config is linked in the first post.

Last edited by Kolano; 11-16-2007 at 07:07 PM.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia II

Robtao is keeping up the good workRobtao is keeping up the good work
There is new information about disconnecting and doing a hard reset at the end of the flash, but before that is a screen telling us to disconnect and do a soft reset.
Which is best?
Old 11-18-2007, 06:12 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6700

dpdurst is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to dpdurst
Not sure if this is a bug or something else, but yea I just saw this as well, however the soft reset with the stylus only seems to work just fine. What is the extra step for?
SG288 Bluetooth LCD GPS

Last edited by dpdurst; 11-18-2007 at 06:37 AM.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
Always hard-reset after a flash.

It's not a new step, it's a replacement for the RUU message which tells you to soft-reset. Not everyone's device ends up clearing the storage after a flash so you have a chance of old storage files remaining. You can end up with dead shortcuts, missing SMS sender, or a bunch of other side effects.

Last edited by tiermann; 11-18-2007 at 06:41 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development