PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2007, 05:59 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinoloco1 View Post
Hey guys i need some help here... i downloaded both of the files already... but where can i find the instructions or better yet procedures to using this new program? i cant seem to be able to upload it to my phone... where do i put the oem.rar?
thanks
There is a kitchen walk through in the help and support files folder. It gives you the basics. The old kitchen is a little different that the new one but same principle.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 11-08-2007, 06:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Gervy is a n00b
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdx77 View Post
I honestly wouldn't run my phone for long clocked @ 624, 520 seems to be safe, but you run into the risk of your phone overheating.
But it's really really fast!

--------------
Verizon Droid Eris
Old 11-08-2007, 06:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700

mrcharliebrown is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gervy View Post
Is there a difference in performance in what program I use to overclock?
Right now I'm using HTC Performance (as per Helmi's kitchen) and clocked @ 624MHz.

(I know this is a little off-topic, but fitting as I discovered this through the kitchen).

Gervy
With XCPUScaler I use the autoscale function with 75% greater to run @ 625MHZ and 5% and less @ 208. Been doing it for over a year and no issues. Saves a little juice, a little performance boost when you need it. Haven't benchmarked this yet. Maybe some day.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: cricket

sinoloco1 is a n00b
im so lost :[ i havent uploaded a rom in a while and im completely lost !!!
i really want this...but im getting errors everywhere lol
Old 11-08-2007, 06:21 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
im so lost :[ i havent uploaded a rom in a while and im completely lost !!!
i really want this...but im getting errors everywhere lol
Give some details please.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

rickpub is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by masters View Post
Now to perfect the Internet Sharing and make a wifi hotspot out of our 6700 that would be great.. There's a group at XDA that seem close to making it easy...
Turning the 6700 into a WiFi Adhoc access point.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=341398

Tried this out today! Not perfect but pretty damn nice. Did a good job of turning my 6700 into a wifi router!!
Old 11-08-2007, 08:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

nkawal is becoming a great contributor
can someone tell me what programs in the kitchen needs .net compact framework.......Do i need to install .net in the kitchen. I thought .net wasnt needed for WM6. I am probably wrong but would still like to know..thank you
Old 11-08-2007, 08:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700

Kreigz is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Kreigz
I tried out the SprintTV app ... got the same thing ... just sits there trying to load after the initial intro movie.

Do you have to be on the Sprint network for it to work? I thought I read somewhere in the kitchen documentation that it worked for everyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Uh... tossed the SprintTV into the rom for fun (I use orb already for all my media streaming, but hey its free right?)

So, SprintTV seems to spin forever on the first connect. Possibly a Sprint issue, but is anyone seeing it work right now?
Old 11-08-2007, 09:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6700

werewolf727 is a n00b
Quote:
Hey guys i need some help here... i downloaded both of the files already... but where can i find the instructions or better yet procedures to using this new program? i cant seem to be able to upload it to my phone... where do i put the oem.rar?
thanks
Download the Kitchen Installer .exe file and run it. Make a new folder for your kitchen, or let it make its own new folder on the root c:/ drive as is the default. AFTER the Kitchen Installer .exe has been run, put the OEM.rar file INSIDE the same folder that the kitchen installed itself to. When you are done, it should look something like this. Do not run BuildOS until you have the OEM.rar in the proper place. No harm will come of it, but it won't run and will bomb out with errors. I'm sure you are not the only one wondering this. I had to figure it out by trial and error!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kitchen folder screenshot.jpg (82.9 KB, 77 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by werewolf727; 11-08-2007 at 09:31 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700 & 6800/ Touch Pro/ now Htc Incredible
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

charleskincade is just getting started
can anyone please help. I had to do a soft reset after loading a cab. file and now my phone won't go past the windows mobile splash screen. can someone give assistance?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development