PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2007, 07:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6875 WM6.5
Carrier: Alltel

lennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to lennysh Send a message via AIM to lennysh Send a message via MSN to lennysh Send a message via Yahoo to lennysh Send a message via Skype™ to lennysh
Quote:
Originally Posted by divedr View Post
How do I make a cab file from using the kitchen for the ArcSoft Pics\Video application version3.0.26.11C for Sprint. I want to try to install this on a Mogul, any suggestions?
First of all, I have never had any luck in making a working cab for MMS with an OEM. Not saying it isn't possible, I just have not had the major time to figure out what is going wrong. So please wait for the Titan/Mogul kitchen so you can cook it into the ROM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Don't.
This is not made and won't work on a Mogul.
I beg to differ. This version of MMS came from the Alltel Titan/Mogul/6800. So actually, this is the first time it has been on the 6700. Come's stock on the Alltel 6800.

Verizon's (CDMA) PPC-6875 (Rhodium_W/Touch Pro2) with WM6.5

Chat Rooms:
EliteTeam: Java or IRC Client
HTCGeeks: Java or IRC Client
PPCGeeks: Java or IRC Client

Click here to donate to the CDMA Raphael Project Team
Old 11-19-2007, 09:27 AM
Lurker

jdombeck is a n00b
Which RUU?

I've searched but not found definitive advice on which RUU to choose. The tips.txt file says "choose the appropriate flash utility for your phone." I have Sprint but am not sure which to choose, or even if it matters? Does it depend on which bootloader you have? Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6875 WM6.5
Carrier: Alltel

lennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to lennysh Send a message via AIM to lennysh Send a message via MSN to lennysh Send a message via Yahoo to lennysh Send a message via Skype™ to lennysh
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdombeck View Post
I've searched but not found definitive advice on which RUU to choose. The tips.txt file says "choose the appropriate flash utility for your phone." I have Sprint but am not sure which to choose, or even if it matters? Does it depend on which bootloader you have? Any advice would be appreciated.
Any questions regarding the RUU or Bootloader, please also post your bootloader version.

When you go into bootloader mode, the number at the bottom of the screen is the version. Please post that here, then we'll be able to answer your question.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:41 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
the PIE being slow issue is a WM6 issue maybe..

You could try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=337521

You usually need to be logging into xda forums to download stuff, so the dll is attached here - let us know if it helps.
Heh... ate my own dogfood - installed the dll on mine last night and it really does speed up scrolling in PIE quite a bit. I'll have to burn it into my next rom.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:04 AM
Lurker

jdombeck is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennysh View Post
Any questions regarding the RUU or Bootloader, please also post your bootloader version.

When you go into bootloader mode, the number at the bottom of the screen is the version. Please post that here, then we'll be able to answer your question.
Thanks, my bootloader screen says: Serial, v1.00.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

avaya is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Heh... ate my own dogfood - installed the dll on mine last night and it really does speed up scrolling in PIE quite a bit. I'll have to burn it into my next rom.
Will this work if you have PIE+ installed ?

thanks
Old 11-19-2007, 02:20 PM
Lurker

kmart9419 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by avaya View Post
Will this work if you have PIE+ installed ?

thanks
Yes! Scrolling is like the aku3.5 now. Pieplus works great.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdombeck View Post
Thanks, my bootloader screen says: Serial, v1.00.
You can use the standard RUU.

For others wondering which RUU (Rom Upgrade Utility) to use, if you put your phone into bootloader mode (by holding down the power button, message button above the volume button and putting the stylus in the reset button on the bottom of the phone), it will show your bootloader version on the screen.

The first part of the number is irrelevant--look at the last number. Example: If the number on your screen is 1.01 or 2.01 they are both the same bootloader versions, just different generation phones. So, that being said, If your bootloader version ends in .00, .01 or .02 you can use the original standard RUU. If your version ends in .04 or .05 you should use the "new" RUU available in the kitchen. If trying to use these RUUs you get an error mentioning country code, device ID, etc, you can use the "no ID" version of RUU.

Before criticizing someone, first walk a mile in his shoes...
Then when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:48 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
I'm loving this rom but just one issue... hopefully this will be a simple fix for someone here. I cooked my first rom(s) --serveral tries to get it just right. I seem to have lost the ability to 'back out' of a menu by pressing left on the d-pad. This used to close any menu on the screen but now the menu will stay until i either press the soft key again or physically close it with the stylus. I had no idea how such a simple movement sped up my use of the phone till it was gone. I know someone here can help me get it back... i'm thinking this may be a job for a rededit but my searching has turned up nothing.

Thanks in advance, awesome work on the latest kicthen!
Old 11-19-2007, 03:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

Kolano is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
I'm loving this rom but just one issue... hopefully this will be a simple fix for someone here. I cooked my first rom(s) --serveral tries to get it just right. I seem to have lost the ability to 'back out' of a menu by pressing left on the d-pad. This used to close any menu on the screen but now the menu will stay until i either press the soft key again or physically close it with the stylus. I had no idea how such a simple movement sped up my use of the phone till it was gone. I know someone here can help me get it back... i'm thinking this may be a job for a rededit but my searching has turned up nothing.

Thanks in advance, awesome work on the latest kicthen!
The left softkey still closes menus for me. You'll need to give us a more specific rundown of what is in your kitchen version for us to help.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development