PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > GSM iPhone Development
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2011, 10:33 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: [How To] Essential jailbreak/unlock/ssh thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdruid View Post
Is there a non-tethered release of the jailbreak available yet ?

thanks...
still waiting, Comex already has it ready but supposedly is waiting for iOS 4.2.5 to come out first (so they don't patch it). He has hinted that he may release it sooner though.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:17 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Hey Orange, I have an Iphone 3g on 4.2.1. Tell me if i got this straight. I need Redsnow 0.9.6 b4 correct? With this jailbreak I can Jailbreak but not carrier unlock correct? So I guess I need to know if I can Jailbreak and carrier unlock this 3g on 4.2.1.
Thanks for the help.

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Old 01-25-2011, 01:58 PM
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic2010 View Post
Hey Orange, I have an Iphone 3g on 4.2.1. Tell me if i got this straight. I need Redsnow 0.9.6 b4 correct? With this jailbreak I can Jailbreak but not carrier unlock correct? So I guess I need to know if I can Jailbreak and carrier unlock this 3g on 4.2.1.
Thanks for the help.

you can jailbreak it with redsnow.

if you want to unlock you can do it using the 6.15.00 hack I tell you about in the OP, but note that this will void your warranty and is not reversible until a baseband later than 6.15.00 comes out, but if you care about a warranty because your phone is 2nd hand or over a year old, then I'd go with the 6.15.00 hack or you can wait a couple weeks (I think) when the 5.14.04 baseband you're currently on is unlocked by the iPhone dev team (rumored)
Old 01-25-2011, 02:31 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Many thanks given
Old 01-25-2011, 02:43 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc

link is dead, do you have a new one?
To Jailbreak the latest iOS 4.2.1 simply download redsn0w HERE (windows
Old 01-25-2011, 03:04 PM
Threadstarter

yeah lemme re-fix it, 2 minutes

Last edited by orangekid; 01-25-2011 at 03:08 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:08 PM
Threadstarter

ok, OP fixed with latest version of redsn0w
Old 01-25-2011, 05:04 PM
Threadstarter

it should just show up after a reload, but in case it doesn't for some reason, the repo is:

"http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com/" (no quotes)
Old 01-29-2011, 11:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700,XV-6800, Iphone 3GS-32gig, 4S 64gig, 5
Carrier: Verizon - ATT

sdruid is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to sdruid Send a message via MSN to sdruid Send a message via Yahoo to sdruid Send a message via Skype™ to sdruid

I suppose there is still no untethered jailbreak for redsnow, or that version
hasn't come out yet ?
This new version of redsnow still looks the same or did I miss something ?

thanks..
Old 01-31-2011, 10:24 AM
Threadstarter

GeoHot has a version of greenp0ison coming out that is untethered soon, but it won't work for 4.2.5/4.3 so don't update your phone.

PPCGeeks > iPhone > GSM iPhone Development