PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > GSM iPhone Development
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2011, 10:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700,XV-6800, Iphone 3GS-32gig, 4S 64gig, 5
Carrier: Verizon - ATT

sdruid is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to sdruid Send a message via MSN to sdruid Send a message via Yahoo to sdruid Send a message via Skype™ to sdruid
Re: [How To] Essential jailbreak/unlock/ssh thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
GeoHot has a version of greenp0ison coming out that is untethered soon, but it won't work for 4.2.5/4.3 so don't update your phone.
Will it work for the 4.2.1 that I am currently running ?
If so, that's all I'm concerned with at the moment....

thanks...
Old 01-31-2011, 10:37 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdruid View Post
Will it work for the 4.2.1 that I am currently running ?
If so, that's all I'm concerned with at the moment....

thanks...
yes, greenp0ison RC5 works on ALL phones on 4.2.1 and supposedly is going to be released any day, they are not waiting for 4.3 to be released since 4.3 already patched the hardware exploit used in previous versions.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:50 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

CRAP,
Please help.
I have a 3g/4.2.1.
I did the Redsnow jailbreak and installed the 6.15 Ipad firmware, then downloaded Ultrasnow to unlock...ok.
Since i am selling the phone on ebay as unlocked, I tried to delete all data and settings through the menu, and them it wont boot, just black screen, then tried to go back to stock firmware and got errors. I read I cannot restore stock since I have the 6.15 ipad baseband installed and would need a custom ipsw.
So how do I get this running again?
Please help.
Do I need to find a custom Ipsw since i upgraded to the 6.15?
Hope I didnt F*** this up!
Thanks for the help Orange!

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Old 01-31-2011, 03:58 PM
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic2010 View Post
CRAP,
Please help.
I have a 3g/4.2.1.
I did the Redsnow jailbreak and installed the 6.15 Ipad firmware, then downloaded Ultrasnow to unlock...ok.
Since i am selling the phone on ebay as unlocked, I tried to delete all data and settings through the menu, and them it wont boot, just black screen, then tried to go back to stock firmware and got errors. I read I cannot restore stock since I have the 6.15 ipad baseband installed and would need a custom ipsw.
So how do I get this running again?
Please help.
Do I need to find a custom Ipsw since i upgraded to the 6.15?
Hope I didnt F*** this up!
Thanks for the help Orange!
for right now try this:

How to restore a bricked baseband 6.15.00 iPhone 3Gs/3G to iOS 4.1 and unlock with ultrasn0w [VIDEO GUIDE] | iPhone World

I will have my own more complete tutorial later.

if that does not work let me know, we'll get you back up
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:15 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Thanks again Orange!
I just ran across a similar thread. Downloading 4.1 now. Will let you know how it works.
Thanks for your help!
Restore iPhone 3G, GS on Baseband or Modem Firmware 6.15.00 | BeijingiPhoneRepair.com
Old 01-31-2011, 04:36 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic2010 View Post
Thanks again Orange!
I just ran across a similar thread. Downloading 4.1 now. Will let you know how it works.
Thanks for your help!
Restore iPhone 3G, GS on Baseband or Modem Firmware 6.15.00 | BeijingiPhoneRepair.com
lol @ "beijingiphonerepair" those chinese guys have solutions to anything.

If this works for you, feel free to write up a tutorial and I will incorporate it into the OP or just sticky it in this forum. I am slam packed today at work so can't write one till tomorrow.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:33 PM
Threadstarter

updated OP with untethered jailbreak for all iOS 4.2.1 devices.

currently GreenpoisOn site is offline, it should be back up pretty soon so keep checking.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:29 PM
Threadstarter

ok greenpois0n is back online in all it's untethered 4.2.1 jailbreak glory!

see OP
Old 03-15-2011, 03:41 AM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Been a whilensince I been in here...

Any jailbreak forms 4.3? I see things all over the Internet that say yes but nothing here. Thanks
Old 03-15-2011, 10:15 AM
Threadstarter

I know,

I will update this thread and the CDMA one today
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > iPhone > GSM iPhone Development