PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2011, 01:28 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon Wireless Windows Phone 7 status updates !

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
Still, hope spring eternal that Verizon will someday launch this device and complete the Windows Phone presence in the U.S. Seriously Verizon, this looks just sad now.
not quite still need US Cellular to get one as well as the smaller carriers such as metroPCS,and cricket. it also needs to get on some prepaid carriers like those android phones are which is one of the only reasons y android is currently #1 because every carrier imaginable has one now.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
i couldnt wait anymore my cracks got worst, so they sent me a brand new imagio with a car charger so ill either keep it when the trophy comes out or i can still sell it for a reasonable price
Yea, I called in and got offered a few phones, the fathom was one (Poor reviews and tiny 3.2" display) and a Fathom (over all a TP2 with out the keyboard but, button problems hit the reviews tons of times). Unless I wanted a mid-line Android phone (no thanks), there was not really a option for me.

I still say in the current lineup, it's really hard to replace one of the best of the last gen phones (TP2).

So, today I called the 866 (Microsoft Verizon promo number) and asked "Where the heck is the HTC Trophy, you have been saying early 2011 and that passed by a while ago ?????"

The lady sounded fed up with the question, she said MS employees have been calling all day about it and they know more info than she does. Verizon is not telling shit.

All she said, they are waiting for HTC to release the phone to them (I think this is BS but, she seem like she was sick of saying it).

Take that with a grain of salt.... Now Verizon is blaming it on HTC...

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 04-28-2011, 07:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom--> HTC Trophy

WMFan85 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I don't know why the Fathom has such bad reviews I love the phone. I think it's twice the phone the Touch Pro2 is. I bought a Touch Pro2 and a Fathom and used them both for about 2 months. I was so sick of the Touch Pro2s lags that I sold it. I tried 3 different roms, plus the stock and they were all slow to me. I loved the 3.6" screen, the sensitivity of the screen, and HTC Sense, but couldn't take the processor. I even tried overclocking the processor, but nothing helped.

The fathom has a more crisp screen than the Touch Pro2. Yeah, it's smaller, but it's not THAT big of a deal. The keyboard slides out way better than the Touch Pro2 and the accelerometer is 50 times faster than the Touch Pro2.

You just can't beat that Snapdragon in the Fathom. The internet was WAY faster on the Fathom too. There are only two things that bother me on the Fathom. One is that there is no dedicated period, which you get used to really fast. And secondly is the Arcsoft text messaging, which can be easily removed with a few reg edits found on this site.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:37 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMFan85 View Post
I don't know why the Fathom has such bad reviews I love the phone. I think it's twice the phone the Touch Pro2 is. I bought a Touch Pro2 and a Fathom and used them both for about 2 months. I was so sick of the Touch Pro2s lags that I sold it. I tried 3 different roms, plus the stock and they were all slow to me. I loved the 3.6" screen, the sensitivity of the screen, and HTC Sense, but couldn't take the processor. I even tried overclocking the processor, but nothing helped.

The fathom has a more crisp screen than the Touch Pro2. Yeah, it's smaller, but it's not THAT big of a deal. The keyboard slides out way better than the Touch Pro2 and the accelerometer is 50 times faster than the Touch Pro2.

You just can't beat that Snapdragon in the Fathom. The internet was WAY faster on the Fathom too. There are only two things that bother me on the Fathom. One is that there is no dedicated period, which you get used to really fast. And secondly is the Arcsoft text messaging, which can be easily removed with a few reg edits found on this site.
Not to go too much of the topic....

I got offered the Fathom, so I went to a Verizon store and played with the phone for about 25 min.

Things I did like about it.
1. Really noticably faster than any other 6.5 based phone I have used (nice Snapdragon CPU), No question.
2. Had a Keyboard
3. Nice overall display.
4. Came with WM 6.5.3 out of the box

Dislikes.
1. 3.2" display, it was tiny compared to my TP2
2. Keyboard had the arrow keys on it, so the letter buttons were really small (I have bigger thumbs, so it was hard to type).
3. Did not feel as solid as the TP2 does.
4. Just plain 6.5.3, no real customizations (like HTC does on their phones).
5. No commuty support, it's a cool phone but, try to find roms or even unlock apps for it, not much out there.
6.It was released late, when WP7 phones were going to be released, even tho it should handle it fine, No WP7 upgrade for it.

So, even tho the CPU was faster, I felt the rest of the phone was a downgrade for me and I could not take it. If that phone was released 12 months before, it would of been a hit, but, due to a late release, it was not really that hot...

Not a bad phone but, just not for me...
Old 04-29-2011, 06:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ENV
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Knale is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Not exactly official, but yet more cogs turning. More Verizon Windows Phone rumors: training begins, launching May 12th? | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews
Old 04-29-2011, 06:50 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knale View Post
First the 5th, Now the 12th ? OMG WTF, bye bye Verizon...
Old 04-29-2011, 07:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

jaeskill is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
First the 5th, Now the 12th ? OMG WTF, bye bye Verizon...
The 5th was never the release date; it was the date that the employee promotion ended. May 12 (the following Thurs) is the earliest release date expected.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ENV
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Knale is a n00b

another couple days doesnt really bug me, and I dont get home from college to order it until the 12th anyway, so I'll live.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom--> HTC Trophy

WMFan85 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

When do you think they would announce it if they planned on releasing it on the 12th?
Old 04-29-2011, 09:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

jaeskill is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMFan85 View Post
When do you think they would announce it if they planned on releasing it on the 12th?
Its typical for VZW to announce phones on Tuesday and release them on Thursday. I didn't notice the trend until somebody else pointed it out but its pretty accurate from what I have seen. Im keeping my eyes open for a Trophy announcement on the 10th.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions