PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2011, 11:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03
Re: Verizon Wireless Windows Phone 7 status updates !

works out fine for me i get my vacation check and i get my regular check that next friday and the 12th is the day i can officially use my ne2....hope it works out the way these rumors are going lol
Old 05-01-2011, 10:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMFan85 View Post
When do you think they would announce it if they planned on releasing it on the 12th?
It all depends. I just found out I have a corporate rep on AT&T (already get a good discount on VZW) with a good discount.

So, I still stand, HTC Trophy on VZW or the HTC HD7s on AT&T, what ever comes first.

I went in over the weekened to a T-mobile place and played with the HD7 again, man what a nice phone....It could only get better with the SLCD display.

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 05-01-2011, 01:10 PM
VIP Member

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

Verizon Trophy shows up in their online smartphone guide | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

As if there was any doubt left: the Verizon Trophy is near ready to launch, it's really happening.
First Best Buy, then the forums, then employee training, then a potential release date (May 12th) and now the phone has showed up on Verizon's interactive "online smartphone guide" in it's full glory.
Although they have yet to officially announce the device, this is pretty close to it and shows that this phone is finally on the cusp of release. So we can now say: yes, get excited, this looks real this time.
Source: Verizon; via Drewkkake; Thanks, Grubish360, for the heads up!
Old 05-01-2011, 02:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ENV
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Knale is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Can't wait...do you know how to actually get to the page displayed there?
Old 05-01-2011, 02:26 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knale View Post
Can't wait...do you know how to actually get to the page displayed there?
VZW - Your Guide

i dunno how to get their through navigating through the verizon website tho

HTC Trophy's launch imminent by Verizon?

Posted: 12 hours ago
Categories: Verizon, Windows, HTC, Exclusive
Bookmark
Share this page:

Discuss7

We've recieved some leaked screen shots this weekend showing more information and specifications about the upcoming HTC Trophy, which will be the first WindowsPhone 7 device for Verizon Wireless. Unfortunately a release date and price are still not listed, but we've been hearing it should be out soon.

Yesterday we reported that the HTC Trophy is going to be a global roaming device, and the new screen shots have confirmed this, as the phone will operate on CDMA, EVDO Rev A, Quad-band GSM & Tri-band UMTS networks.

Other features of the HTC Trophy include a 1GHz processor, 3.8" WVGA display, 5MP Autofocus camera with LED flash, 720p video recording, 16GB of on-board memory, 576MB RAM / 512MB ROM , FM Radio, and will support DLNA. The software will include an on-screen virtual QWERTY keyboard, socialnetworking live tiles, Zune music and videos, Blockbuster and Netflix video streaming, Xbox Live integration,Windows Phone Marketplace, and there will be an HTML browser, but it appears that Flash is not yet supported.

Thanks to a friend for the info!

HTC Trophy's launch imminent by Verizon? - Phone Arena
Old 05-01-2011, 06:41 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

congrats VZ for finally releasing a wp7 nearly 2 mos after sprint had theirs now all we need is for USCC to get one.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:06 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
congrats VZ for finally releasing a wp7 nearly 2 mos after sprint had theirs now all we need is for USCC to get one.

Besides the coming release of the HTC Merge, the document shows that the regional carrier will launch the WindowsPhone7 flavored HTC 7 Pro on June 14th
. The document also shows a number of devices that have met the "End of Life". On the carrier's EOL list for this month is the Pantech Coach. Other names soon to depart the U.S. Cellular lineup include the Samsung Acclaim (May), BlackBerry Bold 9650 and the HTC Touch Pro2 (both in September).

http://www.phonearena.com/news/U.S.-...l-29th_id18337

Last edited by deadwrong03; 05-01-2011 at 08:25 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:15 PM
N00b

jaeskill is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Im glad that things are finally beginning to come together; with the delays we had to deal with, this had better perform like a quality device. I really hope VZW didnt mess with too much and add 15.9 GB of bloatware.

Does anybody know about good quality cases and accessories for this phone?
Old 05-02-2011, 11:24 AM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I was really looking forward to Verizon getting a WP7 phone but cutting edge is fleeting and so is my interest in the the Trophy. I've decided I'm too much of a hardware junky to settle for a phone that has a small battery, small screen (IMHO - anything less that 4.3" is smaller than I'd want), old processor (WP7 may not require as much processing power as Android but after building PCs for 25 years and upgrading my old phone through 3 releases - I KNOW you CAN'T have a processor that is too fast), no 4G (really a phone this late in the game and no 4g!?!) and other goodies available on the EVO 3D and the Galaxy S II.

Again to be clear, I really like WP7 but the hardware Verizon is offering is just too low end. I don't buy new phones every 6 months so I want really high end so it will last me a couple of years at least.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:29 AM
VIP Member

im hoping for a announcement tomorrow the only big hardware feature i wanted was a front facing camera but i can do without that for now even tho i still may wait til the 12th unless i can convince verizon to let me use my ne2 a few days early if it comes out this week...

i would kinda bank on it this week and then they'd release the revolution and the 2-3 other phones in that eguide the rest of this month
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions