PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2011, 03:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Re: VZW to annouce Windows Phone 7 on 2/28 ????

More proof it's coming..... a Verizon branded HTC Spark (AKA: HTC Trophy, Same phone) rom posted on XDA on 2/19...

[ROM]RUU_Spark_W_VERIZON_WWE_0.82.605.02_Radio_1.25.00. 10.20_22.03W.85.00U, by ansar. - xda-developers

Tomorrow is the day claimed....

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 02-28-2011, 11:35 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Noting from Verizon yet but, a HTC Trophy with a Verizon logo was spotted with a picture over at engadget....

HTC Trophy spotted in the wild, sporting Verizon logo -- Engadget
Old 02-28-2011, 01:39 PM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
Noting from Verizon yet but, a HTC Trophy with a Verizon logo was spotted with a picture over at engadget....

HTC Trophy spotted in the wild, sporting Verizon logo -- Engadget

are u getting one david ?? hell i guess it shouldn't be too long now for wp7 to gain even more momentum ..
Old 02-28-2011, 02:10 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrjskj View Post
are u getting one david ?? hell i guess it shouldn't be too long now for wp7 to gain even more momentum ..
I think I am going to try to get one with a 1 year contract (not sure if I am willing to sign a 2 year for it), depending on cost and depending on when they show up. That could change depending if a few models are scheduled to be released in the same time frame.

With a 3.8" SLCD display, it should be almost as nice as a AMOLED display (as claimed on a few sites) and it will give a wow factor with that. Also with FM radio, 720p video recording, 16gb MicroSD (easy to upgrade to 32gb, look on XDA) it does not seem like a bad phone at all. Maybe a little lower on the specs of all devices, but, still not a bad phone...

I'm trying to talk myself into it...because it's the only one Verizon will get from everthing I have read so far (unless something that NO ONE knows about pops out and the odd of that are really slim) and it's not a bad phone after all.

Just waiting for an annoucement....
Old 02-28-2011, 07:55 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
I think I am going to try to get one with a 1 year contract (not sure if I am willing to sign a 2 year for it), depending on cost and depending on when they show up. That could change depending if a few models are scheduled to be released in the same time frame.

With a 3.8" SLCD display, it should be almost as nice as a AMOLED display (as claimed on a few sites) and it will give a wow factor with that. Also with FM radio, 720p video recording, 16gb MicroSD (easy to upgrade to 32gb, look on XDA) it does not seem like a bad phone at all. Maybe a little lower on the specs of all devices, but, still not a bad phone...

I'm trying to talk myself into it...because it's the only one Verizon will get from everthing I have read so far (unless something that NO ONE knows about pops out and the odd of that are really slim) and it's not a bad phone after all.

Just waiting for an annoucement....
Yeah I hear ya, man... I'm REALLY wanting WP7. I just wish we had a device with some better specs available. After seeing the Thunderbolt specs, I'm seriously tempted to get one and then wait for a solid WP7 device...

Decisions... decisions...
Old 03-01-2011, 04:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: VZ

waycoolkennel is becoming a great contributor

So much for that rumor.. LOL Clearly Winrumors source.. was not all that great a source.. hopefully something will be announced soon...
Old 03-01-2011, 06:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: VZ

waycoolkennel is becoming a great contributor

Maybe spoke too soon ! Looks like things are showing up on the VZW website!.. these were not available earlier in the week !

http://search.vzw.com/?i=1&q="window...ice&do=support
Old 03-01-2011, 09:32 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waycoolkennel View Post
Maybe spoke too soon ! Looks like things are showing up on the VZW website!.. these were not available earlier in the week !

http://search.vzw.com/?i=1&q="window...ice&do=support
Nice find. I did a search on there a few days ago, so, it must of just popped up.

Also more pictures of the Verizon HTC Trohpy...

Verizon Trophy photos, running 'NoDo' Update | wpcentral

WTF.. Come on Verizon release this phone now
Old 03-02-2011, 07:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cyclical is keeping up the good workcyclical is keeping up the good work

At least you Verizon guys are getting a slate style WP7 device, I am on Sprint and so far they are only advertising the HTC 7 Pro/Arrive with a slightly smaller screen.

Well CTIA is later this month, hopefully a few other phones will be announced by Sprint then.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:38 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Now June again ? WTF... Mark my words very clearly Verizon No release or release date to the press of ANY Windows Phone 7 model by March 31st and bye bye Verizon for me after 13 years.

Verizon HTC Trophy is a global phone, coming out in June? [Photos] | wpcentral

Getting sick of this...

So, things are being released

-Assorted statements posted on sites
-Public pictures showing this phone (if it was a private beta test, the "tester" would not be testing any more and be banned for life), trust me, these pictures were released by Verizon, anyone saying not, back it up with proof.
-Final Rom released on XDA on 2/19 (see a few posts above)
-Support Docs on Verizonwireless.com

Something tells me that we'll see it sooner but, I hate these games.....getting really pissed off about this subject.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions