PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2011, 09:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: VZ

waycoolkennel is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: VZW to annouce Windows Phone 7 on 2/28 ????

I'm on the verge of changing carriers myself.. or just swithing to iPhone.. But if you think we're pizzd ... Imagine the MS employees that signed up in Nov for that employee deal LOL !
Bet they aint real pleased...

I dunno if I'll last til June... my contract is up soon.. so.. may just bail on VZW

Shoot me a PM if you hear something better will ya DavidInCt ?
Old 03-03-2011, 12:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

i dont see them waiting until june its almost how verizon did with the touch pro 2 they waited a couple days after sprint released theres and then released it. im contemplating leaving verizon for sprint myself if they dont speed up this process with wp7. my touch pro 2 is cracked and not holding much of a charge
Old 03-03-2011, 12:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

Verizon Windows Phone 7 support pages show up

While we have known for some months Verizon is planning to release a Windows Phone 7 handset, the giant US carrier has so far not made any official announcement. Leaks have been turning up however at increasing frequency, and the latest, noticed by Winrumors.com, is a variety of support documentation for Windows phone 7 showing up on the Verizon’s website, at the is stage mainly linking to Microsoft’s docs.
If the rumours we have been reading are true, we can expect the Verizon HTC 7 Trophy to show up in the next few weeks.
Via MobilityDigest and TheNextWeb.com
Old 03-03-2011, 01:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

@deadwrong... actually I'm the one that sent the tip to winrumors... I've been watching the VZW support site for such things for a while.. I dont know if there is a correlation between the support docs and the actual release.. VZW is notorious for testing devices for LONG periods of time with its large customers.. before actually having a public release.. So.. IMO june could be the real date.

FWIW the docs showed up on Tuesday.. I have more confidence in WPCentral's source.. since winrumors source said they would announce the device on Monday 28th and well.. nothing..
Old 03-03-2011, 01:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

I really do want to believe Winrumors.com. In their latest posting (yesterday, as posted above)

Verizon Windows Phone support articles go live as release draws closer | WinRumors

They still stand by an around March 20th (same time as the Sprint Arrive/Pro7) time frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinRumors.com
Verizon will introduce the HTC 7 Trophy as its first Windows Phone 7 device for $200 on a two-year contract. Verizon’s CDMA rival Sprint announced their first Windows Phone 7 device on Thursday, the HTC Arrive will launch on March 20 priced at $200. WinRumors understands Verizon’s offering will arrive in late March around the same time as Sprint.

There is a lot of info about WP7 coming to Verizon out there, as we know, the posts, images, final rom and support docs but, if you talk to any Verizon person, most of them seem like they have never heard of Windows Phone 7 or the HTC Trophy. See my post from yesterday here when I called a bunch of stores to see what I can find out.

PPCGeeks.com ยป UPDATE: Verizon Wireless doesn’t need Windows Phone 7

Now as the dates go, If we go by Winroumors, it will be here in a few weeks, if we go by everyone else, it will be later, closer to June.

Just like a month ago, no one has a clue and no one is telling shit... All we really know is Verizon will get the Trophy and we might see it soon, nothing else, exactly what they want us to know....

What a pain in the a$$....

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !

Last edited by DavidinCT; 03-03-2011 at 01:56 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
Just like a month ago, no one has a clue and no one is telling shit... All we really know is Verizon will get the Trophy and we might see it soon, nothing else, exactly what they want us to know....

What a pain in the a$$....
Agreed ! And the pain aint on the cheek either !
Old 03-04-2011, 10:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

More info:

http://www.winsupersite.com/article/...te-on-Tap.aspx

Second to last paragraph.. Paul states he can now reveal that VZW will announce its first WP7 device this month... Not sure if VZW would announce in March and release in June... seems like maybe release is closer to march than June to me.. dunno
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:22 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

For people who didn't want to read the whole thing... Just the part waycoolkennel was talking about. I just have not had a chance to check the 15+ sites I check every day yet....

Quote:
Originally Posted by winsupersite.com
Last week, Sprint announced that its first Windows Phone, the HTC Arrive, will ship to customers starting March 20. And though Verizon hasn't announced its Windows Phone plans yet, I can reveal that the HTC Trophy will be announced this month as well. Both of these phones include NoDo preinstalled.
So, it could come this moth or at least be annouced. I guess we still stand where we are, Sometime soon and nothing else.

Come on Verizon, Give us something ASAP

Edit: More on wpcentral today...

http://www.wpcentral.com/thurrott-wp...-impossibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpcentral.com
Verizon will announce the Trophy this month - we've heard this before, but is that the launch date too? Sometimes people use "announce" interchangeably with "launch" and we're not sure which Thurrott means here. We've heard an unconfirmed and skeptical rumor that the Trophy may be pushed back.
Edit again:

I renamed the thread "Verizon Wireless Windows Phone 7 status updates ! " I think it's more fitting. I'll just keep posting updates on this thread till there is an annoucement or release.

I think the rename was fitting, no ?

Last edited by DavidinCT; 03-04-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:25 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post

I think the rename was fitting, no ?
agreed
Old 03-09-2011, 04:31 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Re: Verizon Wireless Windows Phone 7 status updates !

Verizon wireless thread on Windows Phone 7 on their fourms...

Windows 7 Phones - Verizon Wireless Community

Check out my user name's location on there

If your on Verizon, register and complain, it might not do much but, I am sure someone at Verizon reads it...

People, keep calling and posting about it to Verizon, Reps at Verizon have to make a note on phone requests (just like how they know the demand was so high for the iPhoney).

Dial *611 on your cell and talk to a customer service rep and ask for a release date on the "HTC Trophy with Windows Phone 7" maybe it will help a little.

Heh, check out the thread there...

Last edited by DavidinCT; 03-10-2011 at 05:30 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions