PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2011, 03:21 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

I like that ms said they're in it for the long haul .
Old 02-15-2011, 05:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

afolayan702 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Nokia says NO to google ! And says YES to Windows phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrjskj View Post
hmm i just read over at engadget that vzw won't carry nokia's and that their more interested in android iphone and blackberry .. i think it's interesting that nokia got into the wp7 game cause hopefully now it was just be android products being introduced .. Verizon CTO: we don't 'need' the Nokia-Microsoft partnership; Android, iOS, and BlackBerry are the big three platforms -- Engadget
Its irritating that these douchbags can't get it thru their head that they just provide service. Let the customers decide if they want a certain OS, and updates.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:23 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by afolayan702 View Post
Its irritating that these douchbags can't get it thru their head that they just provide service. Let the customers decide if they want a certain OS, and updates.
well it's supply and demand, they are going to offer the phones that customers want, if WP7 succeeds then VZW will carry it, that's all there is to it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:24 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
lol...the carriers want more money..the reason why they don't like WP7 and originally the iphone was simply because carriers want customizations to load their bloat-ware and in the iphone's case they wanted monthly fees from the carrier...

Now that people are learning hwo to remove bloatware and platforms come out that don't support bloatware well they plan to charge money for ppl to access youtube and twitter by inspecting packets >.>..this is why they also don't want net neutrality for wireless...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 02-15-2011, 05:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

afolayan702 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
lol...the carriers want more money..the reason why they don't like WP7 and originally the iphone was simply because carriers want customizations to load their bloat-ware and in the iphone's case they wanted monthly fees from the carrier...

Now that people are learning hwo to remove bloatware and platforms come out that don't support bloatware well they plan to charge money for ppl to access youtube and twitter by inspecting packets >.>..this is why they also don't want net neutrality for wireless...
I see, thanks for clearing it up. Still is there anything that can be changed to avoid this? Is this a huge part why Android is so beloved by the carriers(besides its free)?
Either way I would like to have the option to try/purchase a Nokia version of WP7, but I almost have to wonder where/which carrier(s) in the U.S. will have them.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:08 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
I see, thanks for clearing it up. Still is there anything that can be changed to avoid this? Is this a huge part why Android is so beloved by the carriers(besides its free)?
Either way I would like to have the option to try/purchase a Nokia version of WP7, but I almost have to wonder where/which carrier(s) in the U.S. will have them.
Well lets just say this..M$ and Verizon did not start on the right foot...with all the kin stuff that happened...

Android is liked by the carriers because its customizable yes..BUT at same time it allows us to easily remove their bloatware..which doesn't exactly make it their "ideal"...I mean, remember how the Nexus One was suppose to be on all carriers and then they all rejected it at the end for dumb reasons...

the thing thats driving Android to the carriers is simply because it sells well..When Android didn't sell well the didn't care..the $100 million dollar campaign Verizon did really boosted the sales for Android..you notice how many people call Android phones "Droids" even though thats not the official name...

Back then though the iphone was the only pda type accepted by the general public..sure there was winmo but the average consumer had lag and other things(due to low end hardware/lack of drivers) which turned them off..Android effectively entered at a really good time in the market..

In comparison M$ has it a lot tougher..they are entering already in a more mature smartphone market and they got new competitors like WebOs and I guess MeeGo (if intel plans to continue), also RIM entering the PDA market trying to be another option...
Old 02-16-2011, 06:30 PM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
well it's supply and demand, they are going to offer the phones that customers want, if WP7 succeeds then VZW will carry it, that's all there is to it.
i agree but where is the supply and demand in that when they are refusing nokia's wp7 product that's not getting in the game at all that's hindering wp7 proccess . i also agree that when wp7 starts selling more vzw will kicking themselves saying damn we wish we would have went with it when we had the chance ...and gten i agree with ur above statement but at the same time vzw kinda needs to pull their heads out of one anothers rears and think about it these wp7 devices aren't the same as the kin 1 and kin 2 i would say that it has evolved alot wouldn't you say so ???

Last edited by rrjskj; 02-16-2011 at 06:34 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:33 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
i agree but where is the supply and demand in that when they are refusing nokia's wp7 product that's not getting in the game at all that's hindering wp7 proccess .
What benefit does Verizon get if WP7 succeeds? Their goal is not to give users choice..their goal is to get as many sales and profit for themselves..

Quote:
i also agree that when wp7 starts selling more vzw will kicking themselves saying damn we wish we would have went with it when we had the chance
Thats why they plan on offering 1..but beyond that is another story..once they see demand go up they can easily get more devices made..WP7 is not booming over night..so if a change like that happens they can adapt fairly quickly..

Quote:
...and gten i agree with ur above statement but at the same time vzw kinda needs to pull their heads out of one anothers rears and think about it these wp7 devices aren't the same as the kin 1 and kin 2 i would say that it has evolved alot wouldn't you say so ???
Um..did you read the entire kin story? it wasn't pretty...effectively Verizon and M$ both lost million of dollars..and ended up being ticked at each other...

to summarize..M$ and Verizon signed a contract years go to carry the kin, Verizon in return was suppose to make cheap data plans exclusive to the kin..the head of WP7 division did not like the kin, so he convinced M$ to force the kin people to rewrite the entire thing from scratch based on CE kernel..this delayed the release of the kin by 18 month..once it came to, Verizon got pissed M$ took so long as they lost a lot of money waiting and just released the kin with no discounted data plan..aka Verizon didnt want the kin to sell, they just wanted it over with..to which M$ wasn't too happy and ended up discontinuing it..

so as you can see Verizon has plenty of reason not to want WP7 to progress..
Old 02-16-2011, 07:53 PM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
What benefit does Verizon get if WP7 succeeds? Their goal is not to give users choice..their goal is to get as many sales and profit for themselves..

Thats why they plan on offering 1..but beyond that is another story..once they see demand go up they can easily get more devices made..WP7 is not booming over night..so if a change like that happens they can adapt fairly quickly..

Um..did you read the entire kin story? it wasn't pretty...effectively Verizon and M$ both lost million of dollars..and ended up being ticked at each other...

to summarize..M$ and Verizon signed a contract years go to carry the kin, Verizon in return was suppose to make cheap data plans exclusive to the kin..the head of WP7 division did not like the kin, so he convinced M$ to force the kin people to rewrite the entire thing from scratch based on CE kernel..this delayed the release of the kin by 18 month..once it came to, Verizon got pissed M$ took so long as they lost a lot of money waiting and just released the kin with no discounted data plan..aka Verizon didnt want the kin to sell, they just wanted it over with..to which M$ wasn't too happy and ended up discontinuing it..

so as you can see Verizon has plenty of reason not to want WP7 to progress..
ugh here we go again doesn't that kinda go back to what u posted in another thread about supply and demand if there is a demand isn't it up to the supplier to try and see what they can do for their customers like we already established it's a open market and who's to say that their isn't gonna be folks that want or might not want it ain't it up to the people or is it just another corporation saying this is what we think is best for the people ...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:08 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
ugh here we go again doesn't that kinda go back to what u posted in another thread about supply and demand if there is a demand isn't it up to the supplier to try and see what they can do for their customers like we already established it's a open market and who's to say that their isn't gonna be folks that want or might not want it ain't it up to the people or is it just another corporation saying this is what we think is best for the people ...
Yes, but right now there is no demand for WP7..or at least not in the same levels as the competition...

In the US, the market is ruled by the carriers..they can effectively do whatever they want..How I wish there would be a day where we could use any phone on any network..without going through the carrier :/

And yes, we both end up repeating stuff as we end up talking about the same stuff in multiple threads lol
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions