PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2011, 09:21 PM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Nokia says NO to google ! And says YES to Windows phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Yes, but right now there is no demand for WP7..or at least not in the same levels as the competition...

In the US, the market is ruled by the carriers..they can effectively do whatever they want..How I wish there would be a day where we could use any phone on any network..without going through the carrier :/

And yes, we both end up repeating stuff as we end up talking about the same stuff in multiple threads lol

ok yes they are ruled by carriers .carriers that already have android ,rim and iphones for godsake but at the sametime wp7 just came out and their not getting the same accolades as them other os's so whats so hard about putting out another os competing for the same love others have gotten thats the point the market is already flood with them os's .. lol yeah i noticed that who peat and repeat scenerio .. yeah i wish that was possible to use any phone on any carrier but that goes without resolution cause they all want to be sperated by a wall of superiority ..
Old 02-16-2011, 10:50 PM
I am a Patriot

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP

thought i'd share this ...Nokia Clarifies Plans To Customize Windows Phone (Phone Scoop)
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:13 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

I like that news, it means HTC will get to do the same...i like the new sense.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:39 PM
I am a Patriot

i think it just goes to show that possibilities are limitless ..
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:26 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

I'm actually kind of excited about this deal because I have liked Nokia's hardware in the past but hated the OS. They've always had good reception and solid phones.

For the most part, they got out of the CDMA market a while ago and has been almost all GSM, so they might not even make a CDMA WP7 phone anyway.

As long as MS opens it up to more countries and languages by the time a Nokia phone drops, hopefully it'll be the worldwide audience WP7 needs, if MS plays its cards right. Right now, Zune is too locked down when it comes to other countries.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:47 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

WSJ has published a "behind the scenes" of the Nokia and M$ deal...and how it came to be:

Nokia's Flirtations Put the Fear of Google Into Microsoft - WSJ.com

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 02-21-2011, 12:54 AM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

This thread died down ! I read that earlier, I guess time will tell. I'm excited because Nokia makes good phones and wp7 has another player on board .
Old 02-21-2011, 01:45 AM
I am a Patriot

lol what a hoot so lemme guess google got all ticked off cause nokia refused them got a better deal from microsoft and decided to start taking parting shots lmmfao dun let it be said that google don't have good rants i guess . yep doc good buddy time will tell indeed ....

Last edited by rrjskj; 02-21-2011 at 01:47 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:25 PM
I am a Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

This thread died down ! I read that earlier, I guess time will tell. I'm excited because Nokia makes good phones and wp7 has another player on board .

hey doc did u get that mini update yet and if so hows ur hd7 handling it ???
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:22 PM
Account Disabled

it hasn't hit mine yet, i just read that it only went to samsung phones and they're having a problem with it already....leave it to samsung to screw it up lmao!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions