PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2010, 03:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

derfnoslen is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I agree. I remember I had the touch pro and flashed to a Rom, it was really fast, or seemed to be.. but it still took time for the apps to load. It's time to move on
Old 12-29-2010, 12:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

racedog is keeping up the good workracedog is keeping up the good work
Re: Windows Phone 7... Doomed?

I don't know if Windows Phone 7 is doomed or not but I think even if it does manage to survive its going to be a very rocky road ahead for it and MS is going to have to be willing to support and subsidize it for years.

I was an avid WinMo fan and user for years, starting way back when XDA (now HTC) put out their first phones. I lived with it because alternatives really didn't exist that could do what it could do.

Finally, in 2009 I switched to an iPhone. It was a nice phone but not really for me and I hated the ATT service so I switched to VZW and bought an HTC Imagio. The minute I started working with it I remembered why I was tired of the whole WinMO deal and replaced it with my first Android, an HTC Incredible. Android was just maturing and it had its share of niggling little issues but the phone was fast, usable and did 99 percent of what I needed it to do.

I won't say that I will never return to Windows Phone but its not going to happen with WinPhone 7 unless they make major additions and changes to it that make it better than what I'm running now which is the Moto Droid X, a really sweet, fast, nice device.

I didn't find the switch to droid all that difficult. Is it as intuitive as the iphone? No, it isn't but in the bargain it is also NOT a walled off device like the iphone and now WinPhone 7.

In the future I will do just as I have in the past, I will buy whatever suits my needs best and still provides a little techno fun and right now that doesn't include Windows Phone 7 - not even a little bit.

R
Old 12-29-2010, 01:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ATT Tilt
Carrier: ATT

bmclachlan is a n00b

like many in this forum, I have been a long time Windows mobile user and anxiously waited for the Windows 7 phone release on November 8. Just prior to that date, I was reading some reviews of the Windows 7 phone in another forum which stated that the phone would not be compatible with Windows mobile device center and for us Outlook desktop users (non-exchange), the Windows 7 phone would not synchronize with the desktop. I could hardly believe that Microsoft would make such a blunder and literally divorce itself from the thousands of users who were loyal to Windows mobile.

So on November 8 I purchased a Samsung Captivate, that has an exceedingly fast processor and is a joy to use. And, yes, I can synchronize the android phone with my Outlook desktop -- in fact, calendar, contacts, tasks, and notes. Now that I am a very happy android user, it will be very doubtful that I would ever return to a Windows mobile platform.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:12 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

just got my hd7....I will this thing to test and let you guys know the difference between winmo and wp7.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

just got my hd7....I will this thing to test and let you guys know the difference between winmo and wp7.
one works out of the box
the other needs a custom rom to get a stable product

I like my wp7 I don't think I'm going back
Old 12-29-2010, 05:34 PM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

yeah, wp7 is growing on me pretty fast...I do miss swype though. only using the tp2 cuz the hd7 is charging....doggone hd2 battery don't fit .
Old 12-29-2010, 07:06 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

That would have been nice if it did work.
p.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:11 PM
Account Disabled

Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; T-Mobile_LEO; Windows Phone 6.5))

I'm really impressed with how clean and smooth the os is....of course, I've only been using it a few hours lol.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:14 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Any apps yet?
Old 12-29-2010, 07:18 PM
Account Disabled

Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; T-Mobile_LEO; Windows Phone 6.5))

there are quite a few in the marketplace, gonna check them out when the phone finishes charging. one thing with wp7 is you have to install the basic apps like youtube and facebook...they have icons but you must download them from the market.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions