PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2010, 05:33 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Windows Phone 7... Doomed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoove21 View Post
I agree about being fairly customizable with widgets, but most people dont use launcher pro or adw launcher. Maybe most people that roam sites such as this one but not the average consumer. All they know is what they're told.If they know they like android then thats enough. They walk into the store looking for android phones. Not phones running sense or touchwiz. We research and understand that htc/samsung/dell etc all have their own ui's over android itself.
I don't disagree about the UI's being confused..an example is the gimmick where everyone is calling Android.."Droids"..which is pretty much Verizon's marketing campaign...Then again a consumer can identify that there is a variety among android such as "motoblur" and "sense"..and now Touchwiz too..for most users they are used to "switching" interfaces every time they buy a new phone so I dont think they particularly buy it for the UI..they just try it and if they like it take it...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Yes. How many people walk into a cellular. provider and ask for a phone with sense or touchwiz? The average user just wants something that flat out works.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

userme is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

We need to sue microsoft for not supporting any of the past windows mobile phone. Its so slow and feezes. Why are they are still selling windows mobile phone(6.5 and under)? They stopped releasing any tweaks or support for the older phone already. I have a touch pro 2 since january of this year and I am stuck with 2 yrs contract on this crappy mobile OS. If i knew they not gonna support tp2, I wouldn't have got this phone. After a month use it starts to slow down. I am tire of reflashing to different rom and restarting my phone like 3 to 4 times a day. I can't even install any appz because it will slow down the phone. Right now I am waiting for a completed version of android. I have no future plans to buy any Microsoft products again including xbox 360. I have switch my desktop operating system and migrate everything to Ubuntu. I hope windows 7 is dead on arrival.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:26 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by userme View Post
We need to sue microsoft for not supporting any of the past windows mobile phone. Its so slow and feezes. Why are they are still selling windows mobile phone(6.5 and under)? They stopped releasing any tweaks or support for the older phone already. I have a touch pro 2 since january of this year and I am stuck with 2 yrs contract on this crappy mobile OS. If i knew they not gonna support tp2, I wouldn't have got this phone. After a month use it starts to slow down. I am tire of reflashing to different rom and restarting my phone like 3 to 4 times a day. I can't even install any appz because it will slow down the phone.
Actually M$ just sells licenses and support to the manufacturer who then gives it to you....M$ never claimed to provide support...which is one of the reasons why winmo has had issues..

Quote:
Right now I am waiting for a completed version of android.
Android is fairly complete right now..or at least complete enough in functionality to compete with winmo.

Quote:
I have no future plans to buy any Microsoft products again including xbox 360. I have switch my desktop operating system and migrate everything to Ubuntu.
You don't need to go that far..while i'm not the biggest fan of how M$ does things there is no reason to "specifically" avoid them and make your own life worse...use whatever works best..simple as that...

Quote:
I hope windows 7 is dead on arrival.p
Windows 7 already succeeded...you mean WP7
Old 11-08-2010, 12:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint/Boost

Kris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
We need to sue microsoft for not supporting any of the past windows mobile phone. Its so slow and feezes. Why are they are still selling windows mobile phone(6.5 and under)? They stopped releasing any tweaks or support for the older phone already. I have a touch pro 2 since january of this year and I am stuck with 2 yrs contract on this crappy mobile OS. If i knew they not gonna support tp2, I wouldn't have got this phone. After a month use it starts to slow down. I am tire of reflashing to different rom and restarting my phone like 3 to 4 times a day. I can't even install any appz because it will slow down the phone. Right now I am waiting for a completed version of android. I have no future plans to buy any Microsoft products again including xbox 360. I have switch my desktop operating system and migrate everything to Ubuntu. I hope windows 7 is dead on arrival.

With posts like this, I KNOW WP7 is succeeding, and will succeed. It's the "wawawawaaaaaa I don't want to ever change" voice of a very tiny percentage.

If I helped... Please hit the THANKS button!
Old 11-10-2010, 12:58 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris443 View Post
It's the "wawawawaaaaaa I don't want to ever change" voice of a very tiny percentage.
umm, i didn't get that. he want's change, but not a change to crappy gsm. we still do not have any cdma wp7 options.

actually the problems with everything getting sluggish is because it's still a PC, with phone, sms, mms added onto it. I think wp7 will perform much better as a cell phone, but yeah there will be a few of us still carrying around a ppc to do 'real' work.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

aximtreo is just getting started

Quote:

To each his own. Using your position, I should sue Microsoft because my Win 95 PC won't run any of the new Office or IE products. Gosh, I might win and get to retire early.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:51 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aximtreo View Post
To each his own. Using your position, I should sue Microsoft because my Win 95 PC won't run any of the new Office or IE products. Gosh, I might win and get to retire early.
not so fast. the mobile o/s doesn't have to play by the same rules since it as an o/s is not sold to consumers. the desktop o/s's are mandated by the feds to maintain support for 5yrs after discontinuation.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Things change and you have to change with them. Otherwise we would all be living in 1976.
Old 11-25-2010, 11:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Arrive
Carrier: Sprint For Now

alphaxi3 is just getting started
Wink Re: Windows Phone 7... Doomed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post

And for their sakes they really need to stop calling it Windows Phone....Windows = PC if you ask any person..well almsot any to most others Windows = a hole in the wall that you can look out and see outside sometimes made of glass (crazy I know)
Maybe that's what MS wants is for people to think of this phone as a PC. Maybe unlike you MS is looking far into the future. These phones these days have the computing power of a 486 PC of the 80's and if you think they will not get more powerful you are not to bright. MS is probably looking at these phones as what they will eventually become, which is a phone and a laptop. One day instead of carrying around a bulky laptop or Pad PC you will carry around a collapsible 15" monitor and keyboard in a 5" X 5" carrying case. When you open and power them up it will auto-connect to your phone and you are now using your phone as a laptop. So now Windows PC = Phone. This will happen within the next ten years, so MS probably has a method to their madness. Any phone OS manufacturer not thinking in this direction now will get caught playing catch up like MS is now and they are probably trying to become the front runner. Get out of your little box, its a box of failure. If you don't believe me neither did everyone else who laughed a my Kyocera 6035 palm phone when I told them it was the future. They are not laughing anymore and are trying to be like me. I just laugh when they try to show me their new little gadgets, its just cracks me up. I just say your about ten years late. LOL

Last edited by alphaxi3; 11-25-2010 at 11:12 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions