PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you interface GV with your mobile device?
Google App (for BB/Android etc..) 14 6.80%
Google Website 29 14.08%
Call Google 13 6.31%
MagiCall 37 17.96%
GV Dialer 19 9.22%
Calling Card by Handango 5 2.43%
iDialer 47 22.82%
One Dialer 16 7.77%
gVo dialer 20 9.71%
GoVoMo 6 2.91%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2009, 08:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Evo4G
Carrier: sprint

arsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Google Voice Incoming/Outgoing Options!

Of course now sprint is offering free cell to cell calls from any carrier so only landlines use minutes.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

racedog is keeping up the good workracedog is keeping up the good work

I have a special issue that I can't figure out, hopefully, someone here can give me a hand. I have downloaded Magicall and want to use it with the situation I have.

I have an HTC Imagio which has both CDMA and GSM. My VZW number (CDMA) is my personal cellphone, it is only used to call my family and very, very close friends and they are the only ones who have that number. I have a TMO sim (prepaid) in the GSM side. I always have the phone on set to CDMA. When travelling if my office needs to call me Iwant them to do it on the GSM side. Now, since that side is turned off I want the voicemail/missed call to be sent to my VZW email address which will come in as a text. That way, I know I have a call from the text message and then can switch the phone over to GSM and place the call from there showing my GV number. I do this in case I have to call a customer or vendor and don't have to give up to them my personal cell number.

Now, the problem is, I have GV setup with a professional voice service that gives out the annoucenment to leave a message so that it almost matches our office phone service (but without the list of options). That way a customer or vendor calling me directly does not get my cell phone number. I added my personal VZW number to GV and now instead of the caller hearing my personal announcement they get the business announcement on GV and they are finding it confusing. I want my VZW number to go directly to my cellphone VZW voicemail but I cannot figure out a way to do that. IOW, when someone calls my VZW number Iwant them to also get my VZW voicemail and not hear the google voice announcement. When they call my TMO number I want those people to get my gv business announcement.

If I remove my personal VZW number from GV then I can't get GV to send text to my VZW number. If I add it and then enter all texts/emails to go to my VZW number (which I want) then all my voicemails are intercepted by GV and they get an announcement that I don't want them to get.

Have I confused everyone enough??

Does anyone have a possible solution for this? It is driving me nuts and am about to give up trying to figure this out.

R
Old 10-24-2009, 01:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

darylrue is a n00b
A couple interesting questions

I have been using gvdialer. I tried idialer (did not like the additional interface and slow contacts) and onedialer.

Onedialer seemed to be a very quick dial out compared to gvdialer and I did not have to listen to anything, it I think it just called me back, I answered and it started dialing my outcall. They seem to have a pretty responsive support they responded to my emails regurlary - could not get to work on custom 6.5 rom for treo pro.

Gvdialer works all the time but does seem to be really slow. I get my sms and it shows that darn 406 number so it does not seem to relate the texts back to a contact in my contacts. I am thinking about trying magicall.

1. Is there a way to get the SMS messages that you receive to relate to a contact in your address book? It seems intermittent to me and sometimes they just come accross with the 406 number?

2. Will magical be quicker or more reliable than GV? I am interested in only dialing and receiving calls easily. gvdialer seems flaky and before this post I was going to load onedialer on my new touch pro 2.

3. Any ideas when google will release their own app and will it be more integrated or quicker, do the android or blackberry work better because google created it?

4. I made my account display google voice number on incoming calls because my sprint to home number is my google voice number. Any way to get calller id to work and have sprint think it is coming from my home(GV) #?

5. If I don't have a pin will it be quicker to dial, will it work?

if nothing changes I will just keep gvdialer until google launches an app even though I have not seen a single upgrade or enhancement since I bought it and support is non existent.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

tallblazer124 is becoming a great contributor

gVo dialer for me. It gives me best of both worlds. I can use it to make any calls or text from my contact list. I can also just call showing my sprint number when i feel.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

sanxxx is a n00b

I just installed Magicall on my Touch Pro 2. I must say it is an awesome program to be used with Google Voice. But the $25 price tag is too high. Anyone knows any coupons or discounts I can get on this program?
Old 10-27-2009, 07:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

darylrue is a n00b

i hope onedialer works. Seems simple and effective for $7 hard to beat.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I paid the full price for Magicall and it is well worth it. That was before I started using it with Google Voice. The Developer stands behind the product 110%, and is there if you ever need help.
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin
Old 10-29-2009, 08:48 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Any news on the new version and the SMS filter?
Old 10-29-2009, 01:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Techitrucker is a n00b

It would appear that GVDialer is out of business. No more downloads and you can't buy from their website anymore. Says they will support payed customers but that it is only available for their business partners now. Maybe they where bought as a quick fix by Google?
Old 10-29-2009, 01:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Techitrucker is a n00b

How I do it without any application: I just make a new phone number for each entry in my phonebook with the dialing rules <gvnumber>pause<password>pause<2>pause<phone number of contact>

It can be a little intensive if you have a million numbers but you can copy/paste most of it in each entry if you do it on your computer. No extra apps, no extra money. For numbers that aren't in your phonebook just make a Google voice contact with the same dialing rules minus the contact number then dial the number when prompted. Took me about 1/2 hour to do 165 entries in my phonebook using Gmail. Any new entries after the initial pain are easy. This makes it easy to dial using either direct dialing or GV. Whats really nice about this is if you have a spare normal phone and can get your contacts into it (Verizon stores can do this so I'm sure other carriers can to) it allows you to easily make outgoing GV calls from that phone. I know I sometimes just want to carry a small pocketable thing instead of my PDA.

Last edited by Techitrucker; 10-29-2009 at 01:41 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Tags
calling google voice, google voice, gv, incoming, outgoing