View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 01:35 PM
Techitrucker
Lurker

Techitrucker is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Google Voice Incoming/Outgoing Options!

How I do it without any application: I just make a new phone number for each entry in my phonebook with the dialing rules <gvnumber>pause<password>pause<2>pause<phone number of contact>

It can be a little intensive if you have a million numbers but you can copy/paste most of it in each entry if you do it on your computer. No extra apps, no extra money. For numbers that aren't in your phonebook just make a Google voice contact with the same dialing rules minus the contact number then dial the number when prompted. Took me about 1/2 hour to do 165 entries in my phonebook using Gmail. Any new entries after the initial pain are easy. This makes it easy to dial using either direct dialing or GV. Whats really nice about this is if you have a spare normal phone and can get your contacts into it (Verizon stores can do this so I'm sure other carriers can to) it allows you to easily make outgoing GV calls from that phone. I know I sometimes just want to carry a small pocketable thing instead of my PDA.

Last edited by Techitrucker; 10-29-2009 at 01:41 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.