View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 01:25 PM
darylrue
PPCGeeks Regular

darylrue is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
A couple interesting questions

I have been using gvdialer. I tried idialer (did not like the additional interface and slow contacts) and onedialer.

Onedialer seemed to be a very quick dial out compared to gvdialer and I did not have to listen to anything, it I think it just called me back, I answered and it started dialing my outcall. They seem to have a pretty responsive support they responded to my emails regurlary - could not get to work on custom 6.5 rom for treo pro.

Gvdialer works all the time but does seem to be really slow. I get my sms and it shows that darn 406 number so it does not seem to relate the texts back to a contact in my contacts. I am thinking about trying magicall.

1. Is there a way to get the SMS messages that you receive to relate to a contact in your address book? It seems intermittent to me and sometimes they just come accross with the 406 number?

2. Will magical be quicker or more reliable than GV? I am interested in only dialing and receiving calls easily. gvdialer seems flaky and before this post I was going to load onedialer on my new touch pro 2.

3. Any ideas when google will release their own app and will it be more integrated or quicker, do the android or blackberry work better because google created it?

4. I made my account display google voice number on incoming calls because my sprint to home number is my google voice number. Any way to get calller id to work and have sprint think it is coming from my home(GV) #?

5. If I don't have a pin will it be quicker to dial, will it work?

if nothing changes I will just keep gvdialer until google launches an app even though I have not seen a single upgrade or enhancement since I bought it and support is non existent.