View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 10:53 PM
racedog
PPCGeeks Regular

racedog is keeping up the good workracedog is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Google Voice Incoming/Outgoing Options!

I have a special issue that I can't figure out, hopefully, someone here can give me a hand. I have downloaded Magicall and want to use it with the situation I have.

I have an HTC Imagio which has both CDMA and GSM. My VZW number (CDMA) is my personal cellphone, it is only used to call my family and very, very close friends and they are the only ones who have that number. I have a TMO sim (prepaid) in the GSM side. I always have the phone on set to CDMA. When travelling if my office needs to call me Iwant them to do it on the GSM side. Now, since that side is turned off I want the voicemail/missed call to be sent to my VZW email address which will come in as a text. That way, I know I have a call from the text message and then can switch the phone over to GSM and place the call from there showing my GV number. I do this in case I have to call a customer or vendor and don't have to give up to them my personal cell number.

Now, the problem is, I have GV setup with a professional voice service that gives out the annoucenment to leave a message so that it almost matches our office phone service (but without the list of options). That way a customer or vendor calling me directly does not get my cell phone number. I added my personal VZW number to GV and now instead of the caller hearing my personal announcement they get the business announcement on GV and they are finding it confusing. I want my VZW number to go directly to my cellphone VZW voicemail but I cannot figure out a way to do that. IOW, when someone calls my VZW number Iwant them to also get my VZW voicemail and not hear the google voice announcement. When they call my TMO number I want those people to get my gv business announcement.

If I remove my personal VZW number from GV then I can't get GV to send text to my VZW number. If I add it and then enter all texts/emails to go to my VZW number (which I want) then all my voicemails are intercepted by GV and they get an announcement that I don't want them to get.

Have I confused everyone enough??

Does anyone have a possible solution for this? It is driving me nuts and am about to give up trying to figure this out.

R