PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2010, 08:15 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Tmobile HTC HD2 hands-on

I went to a tmobile store in Houston and they had an HD2 I could play with. Lemme tell you this phone is freaking awesome. Man this no wm7 upgrade is the worst because this phone is sick! lemme tell why!

1) had it right up next to my iphone 3G, the screen straight up dwarfed that thing. Compare it to my Diamond, holy cat foot! That screen is moneybags in the bank.

2) speed! that 1ghz snappy is straight sick! but its not that, tis the 576mb ram, I dunno man that sense 2.5 was lightning fast, no lags, I mean the clock, weather, pics, music tab, this thing had no lag at all, even with 6.5, I can tell you right now this thing smokes in speed.

3) nice design. I liked it a lot.

4) dunno how tmo covers your area, but in houston it is lightning fast, cuz we got hspa like a motha! actually sprint and tmo get really good awesomely crazy-good reception, so I was gettin some nice 3G (no it wasn't wifi)

so yeah, I wish this thing was getting a 7 upgrade cuz I'd buy before you could say "cactus pie" It is a really nice device.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:14 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Re: Tmobile HTC HD2 hands-on

T-mobile sucks here... coming from someone that has a nexus running on it. Had to keep my Sprint line just because there are so many dead spots with t-mobile... including parts of my house. The HD2 is cool.. I mean of course the screen will be bigger than anything else thats a given. But honestly I just cant justify shelling out short of $500 for it just for the bigger screen and a processor when I already know it'll never go past the same OS I was running on the tp2 already... which is why I went ahead and got the nexus.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:47 AM
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

it is what it is. I'd rather have the HD2 and flash the nexus ROM on a G1 personally, because I'm pretty sure android development will be such that I'll be able to run it on the HD2 in the not too far future. we'll just have to see.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HD 2
Carrier: T-MOBILE

dsuarez1979 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

T-mo TP2 $ 269.99 and why the HD2 is only $ 199.99
If HD2 is a lots better why is so cheap in price ?
Old 03-24-2010, 05:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsuarez1979 View Post
T-mo TP2 $ 269.99 and why the HD2 is only $ 199.99
If HD2 is a lots better why is so cheap in price ?
Maybe the figured they could get as many early adopters as possible, and not run into over stock problems since they're the only carrier able to support the freq besides ATT on EDGE

I think its more of a reputation kinda of thing, which is respectable, but the HTC EVO 4G is just a massive overhaul of an HD2, considering developers stopped for Windows Mobile (i.e pandora, firefox mobile, beejive) are all alive and well on Android for some reason, (not sure about fennec mobile) but even SPB mobile shell has transitioned over to Android and as much as i wanted an HD2 the videos of SPB mobile shell 5 on both devices side by side and the the Android model seemed to handle the graphics textures alot more smoothly and with more ease

just my opinion.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HD 2
Carrier: T-MOBILE

dsuarez1979 is a n00b

Will be possible to flash the HTC SUPERSONIC with WM rom ?
Old 03-24-2010, 09:39 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsuarez1979 View Post
Will be possible to flash the HTC SUPERSONIC with WM rom ?

you will not be able to put a WM rom on the supersonic,

but you will be able to put the supersonic ROM on the HD2. Android for WM development is coming a long way, and all the supersonic ROM is, is just 2.1 with sense UI, which has been used with the nexus one to the G1 for a while now, so IMO with the awesome HD2 specs, you will get a functional dual boot WM6.5/ android 2.1 Sesen ROM on the HD2.

but you will never see WM6.5 on the supersonic. There is no development for this and winmo is not open source (copyright infringement)
Old 03-24-2010, 10:43 AM
The EVO Guru

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Adding WM onto android is like adding a volkswagon cirocco wing onto a Porsche 911... I just dont see the point.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:47 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Adding WM onto android is like adding a volkswagon cirocco wing onto a Porsche 911... I just dont see the point.

some people prefer WM to android. I would prefer a dual boot WM/Android device than just an android device any day.

I'll admit that for me (hard-core WM user) the future looks brighter for android, but till WM7 is actually released and we get some hands-on, you can't just go around saying how one is solid gold and the other is crap (I mean you can, but you know what I mean).

If we get to the point where we're slicing and dicing winmo7 and actually get dual boot wm7/android devices, then I would wayyy much prefer that over just an android device because it really does open up a whole world of awesome.

But as it stands right now that won't happen for a long time (if ever)
Old 03-24-2010, 11:48 AM
The EVO Guru

Well I can say it pretty easily since i've had both... once I made the switch i'll never even look at another wm phone and thats just being honest. Most of the people here that knock droid have never even tried it.. either that or they base it off of a half functioning port of 1.5.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions