PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 12:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 3-5 ][ v1.6 R3 ][28232 / 23542 / 21893 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kitc

Anyone know how to make opera mini load without speed dial is it even possible?

Droidrox39
Old 04-17-2010, 12:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

welrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 3-5 ][ v1.6 R3 ][28232 / 23542 / 21893 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kitc

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar369 View Post
I know, I was just playing! When I get the rom in near perfect condition I'ma try out all the sys packs but right now just experimenting.......and I will DEFINITELY throw welrope something.............I'll donate to anybody that helps me.....thats what keeps the PPCG economy rolling!

Just one more thing.....I don't know if this is possible but is there a way to shrink the size of the rom so I'll have more program memory to work with?! Like if I took out some stuff.........is there a way to reduce the size of the rom?!?!?!?!

T.I.A.
Yes sir, there is. Download my 23559-skinned or manila. They are both lighter than their originals.

With manila 2.5 and several games, i am still only about 150 Meg ROM. If i really skin out the games and stuff, i get it down to 140 Meg or so. Which leaves about 250 Meg of program room or so. Right now, with 23559 skinned, and loading about 15 games or so, all customizations, and such-i am left with 210meg.

Also, I think it was william_fold, that posted a great sprint and generic 2.5 sense files that greatly reduced my rom size.

Last edited by welrope; 04-17-2010 at 12:32 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:48 PM
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH 4G?!
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: The non-4G 4G'ers (Sprint)

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369

When I try to download them it tells me to upgrade........how do I get past this?!
Old 04-17-2010, 12:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
When I try to download them it tells me to upgrade........how do I get past this?!
Click inside of the Mediashare folder until there's no more to go, thats the actual SYS , click download = profit
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G

rawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rawdikrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
under your sys for 21647 common folder, in the office folder you should have a mxipupdate_office_100.provxml. that is the file that tells office where to install. maybe something happened to that file, or something else after the office install is moving it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by welrope View Post
Sounds like you may have Inda's start menu tweaks or another package that is moving your start menu icons around. Cook a rom with no extra's-remove all your added customizations and cook. If your office is in the right place, at least you will have it narrowed down. If you will post a build log, one of us can prob tell ya where it is happening at.

Thanks,
You both were completely right. I had no idea what provxml file was making the changes, but sure enough, there was a package I pilfered from Inda's Kitchen into my Frankenstein kitchen that had that file in there. Havent cooked with it yet... but expect it to be all good now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
...as a side note...anyone notice how XDA seems so much more serious than us geekers?
There are ALOT of intelligent people on XDA... But the atmosphere isnt as friendly. So it does a good job of weeding out the noobs, but also makes for a steep learning curve.

Not only that, But it seems that they are VERY GSM centric over there.

I watch alot of things over there and try to learn when i can, but i keep coming back here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by welrope View Post
Yes sir, there is. Download my 23559-skinned or manila. They are both lighter than their originals.

With manila 2.5 and several games, i am still only about 150 Meg ROM. If i really skin out the games and stuff, i get it down to 140 Meg or so. Which leaves about 250 Meg of program room or so. Right now, with 23559 skinned, and loading about 15 games or so, all customizations, and such-i am left with 210meg.

Also, I think it was william_fold, that posted a great sprint and generic 2.5 sense files that greatly reduced my rom size.
I am using the optimized sprint manila and I LOVE it. Its alot smaller, cleaner, and with the fixed files i posted earlier, i havent seen a messed up image yet.

I would like a lesson in optimizing packages and cabs though. I know that we can remove image files and what not that may not be for our specific Resolution, but what more can we do?

Case in point... Id like Galarm 2.5 to be ALOT smaller. I noticed that there are doubles of every file and it just will not cook right. Can i just go in there and delete the smaller images and then cook with that?

I love: Swype, Pandora, AmonRa Recovery and Touiteur.
I hate: Swype (haha), 4G dropping constantly, screen protectors and losing signal in the DC subways
Old 04-17-2010, 01:07 PM

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369

Ran into another problem guys, when I clicked on create rom it went for a little than a lot of the same lines came up saying something about a duplicate module found in the module.......or something like that?!?!?!?! Did I put something in the wrong place in the root folder?! I just put all the folders in the kitchen!!!!!!

Last edited by radar369; 04-17-2010 at 01:13 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:23 PM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
Kamill and El Condor stopped developing for GTX entirely...and left the project up for grabs. As far as the thread there indicates...Dark Ninja has picked it up and seems to have GTX working right with cookie 1.7. Think he'll release when he can have 1.7 "cooked in" to GTX. I tried to install GTX lite (without cookie) and got the same results you did.

as a side note...anyone notice how XDA seems so much more serious than us geekers?
They're just bigger, that's all

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
Old 04-17-2010, 01:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
They're just bigger, that's all
Remember guys.

It's not the size of the boat that matters; It's the motion of the ocean
Old 04-17-2010, 01:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G

rawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rawdikrik

Quote:
Ran into another problem guys, when I clicked on create rom it went for a little than a lot of the same lines came up saying something about a duplicate module found in the module.......or something like that?!?!?!?! Did I put something in the wrong place in the root folder?! I just put all the folders in the kitchen!!!!!!
IMHO, cooking is easy... like surgery is to a surgeon. Anyone can cut someone open, but it takes skill and practice to do it right.

I recommend you read a little more on how the kitchen works. Ive been doing this for 8 months and still suck at it!

you can check out alot of tutorials on how to cook and what not HERE

Good Luck!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by welrope
Can it be found on the paperclip attached to this thread?!?!?! If not than where can I get it from?!?!?! Thanks!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development