View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 12:52 PM
rawdikrik
Regular 'Geeker

rawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rawdikrik
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 3-5 ][ v1.6 R3 ][28232 / 23542 / 21893 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kitc

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
under your sys for 21647 common folder, in the office folder you should have a mxipupdate_office_100.provxml. that is the file that tells office where to install. maybe something happened to that file, or something else after the office install is moving it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by welrope View Post
Sounds like you may have Inda's start menu tweaks or another package that is moving your start menu icons around. Cook a rom with no extra's-remove all your added customizations and cook. If your office is in the right place, at least you will have it narrowed down. If you will post a build log, one of us can prob tell ya where it is happening at.

Thanks,
You both were completely right. I had no idea what provxml file was making the changes, but sure enough, there was a package I pilfered from Inda's Kitchen into my Frankenstein kitchen that had that file in there. Havent cooked with it yet... but expect it to be all good now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
...as a side note...anyone notice how XDA seems so much more serious than us geekers?
There are ALOT of intelligent people on XDA... But the atmosphere isnt as friendly. So it does a good job of weeding out the noobs, but also makes for a steep learning curve.

Not only that, But it seems that they are VERY GSM centric over there.

I watch alot of things over there and try to learn when i can, but i keep coming back here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by welrope View Post
Yes sir, there is. Download my 23559-skinned or manila. They are both lighter than their originals.

With manila 2.5 and several games, i am still only about 150 Meg ROM. If i really skin out the games and stuff, i get it down to 140 Meg or so. Which leaves about 250 Meg of program room or so. Right now, with 23559 skinned, and loading about 15 games or so, all customizations, and such-i am left with 210meg.

Also, I think it was william_fold, that posted a great sprint and generic 2.5 sense files that greatly reduced my rom size.
I am using the optimized sprint manila and I LOVE it. Its alot smaller, cleaner, and with the fixed files i posted earlier, i havent seen a messed up image yet.

I would like a lesson in optimizing packages and cabs though. I know that we can remove image files and what not that may not be for our specific Resolution, but what more can we do?

Case in point... Id like Galarm 2.5 to be ALOT smaller. I noticed that there are doubles of every file and it just will not cook right. Can i just go in there and delete the smaller images and then cook with that?

I love: Swype, Pandora, AmonRa Recovery and Touiteur.
I hate: Swype (haha), 4G dropping constantly, screen protectors and losing signal in the DC subways
This post has been thanked 1 times.