PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2010, 05:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Sprint

CrusherJoe is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 3-5 ][ v1.6 R3 ][28232 / 23542 / 21893 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kitc

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
My "Options" button is broke but I just shrugged it off LOL.
I also had this issue with the first 23554 I cooked. Turned out the cause was a missing METADATA folder. Once I added that and re-cooked, the Options worked again.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:39 AM
Lurker

Re: [ Kitchen ][ 3-5 ][ v1.6 R3 ][28232 / 23542 / 21893 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kitc

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
no call log here either.
I'm not using any call log skins and I still have the issue with the Leo dialer wanking out...so I don't think it's a call log skin causing it.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:49 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

i thought he was fixing the dialer before he dropped the files???
i used one of my 21646's earlier and dialer seemed o.k. i'll look closer this round.

Old 04-10-2010, 05:54 AM

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

anyone got an ext file for pandora that doesn't give a debug assertion failed error?
also, all the sprint nav's that I have, the icon is blank. Anyone know how I can fix this or post an ext file for sprint
nav as well?

this is what i get for messing with my ROM. sprint t.v. now doesn't want to work either.

Last edited by nrfitchett4; 04-10-2010 at 06:27 AM.
Old 04-10-2010, 07:14 AM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
very organized. easy to find what i was looking for (downloading 21647 now).

yeah, sense always seem to freeze up my phone, always had low memory avail. mobile shell works better for me. only pain is customizing it after every flash, it doesn't like to restore when ROM is different even if the files and shortcuts are in the same place.
I can help you out here. I've been using Mobile Shell for a long while, and being a flashaholic, I had to find a way to keep my (few, mostly Jeff's) widgets and layouts. After a lot of trial and error, here's the combination I use to backup and restore MS:

• Sashimi -- install the MS 6.5.3 cab, import in 2 files of registry settings (one that contains my MS registration info and the other is for Jeff's widgets), then finally copy over the .dat files (which contain Jeff's widgets and a few other minor mods I've done). These overwrite the existing .dat files installed by MS 6.5.3.
  • Built-in settings backup/restore -- before a flash, I backup my settings (including the pictures used in "Favorite Contacts") to a file on my SD card. I restore the settings after flashing, since all the .reg and .dat files are in place...it works. Oh, one more thing, if you're an Exchange/Outlook user (as I am) and your contacts are on Exchange (as they should be) let the first run of ActiveSync complete before restoring your MS settings. That way the "Favorite Contacts" page actually restores correctly with the right contacts, pictures and placement. If you don't...well, it gets ugly quick.
  • ShellExtension 1.4.3 -- the only thing I have to do manually is run this to change my number of menubars/menubar icons...and I'm done.
  • Well, almost, I still have to set my background wallpaper. Now I'm done.

Granted, the whole process could probably be automated a little more by exporting/importing the MS registry tree, but since my method works with an acceptable level of effort on my part...if ain't broke, don't fix it.

To give you an idea of the "light" widget load I use, here's my main screen:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen002.jpg (10.1 KB, 36 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-10-2010, 07:33 AM

i'll look into it. I have been using basic mobile shell 3.5 and it doesn't ever want to restore backup.

fixed sprint tv. went into the kitchen zip and pulled a new ext file for sprint tv from it. (makes me wonder what i did to the one I had...)

still no pandora working and the new sprint football live says my device is not supported (maybe due to custom ROM?) other than that, I think everything that is cooked in works. gonna try to manually install pandora and a couple of programs that I haven't been able to successfully ext and i'll be mostly set.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

welrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
nevermind. turns out my antivirus was blocking the kitchen (what did you put into those files welrope???), i turned that off and now it's working. gonna do it in stages, basic first, then add a folder of programs, reflash, test, and so on. want to get this done before the weekend is up.

another question. this kitchen supports xda_uc right? just in case i can't cook in all my programs, might be worth looking into.
LOL, you should ask htc or M$??? If you would look at what you antivirus is catching, it is a component of the kitchen made by envirus. A recent update to my Avast started catching that too. So please don't insinuate that i am slipping something in there that shouldn't be. These sys work great for me and obviously a few hundred others.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:10 AM
VIP Member

welrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
anyone got an ext file for pandora that doesn't give a debug assertion failed error?
also, all the sprint nav's that I have, the icon is blank. Anyone know how I can fix this or post an ext file for sprint
nav as well?

this is what i get for messing with my ROM. sprint t.v. now doesn't want to work either.
I posted sprint nav ext from the new dump several pages back, try a search for sprint nav. I will also post it in my sig shortly.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:12 AM
VIP Member

my options work from 23557 and 54 21646 and 21647. Might want to check the dialer your using....
Old 04-10-2010, 10:13 AM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by welrope View Post
LOL, you should ask htc or M$??? If you would look at what you antivirus is catching, it is a component of the kitchen made by envirus. A recent update to my Avast started catching that too. So please don't insinuate that i am slipping something in there that shouldn't be. These sys work great for me and obviously a few hundred others.
Kaspersky recently started blocking implantxip.exe - after being just fine with that file for months!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development