PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 11:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rawdikrik
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 3-5 ][ v1.6 R3 ][28232 / 23542 / 21893 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kitc

Anyone have an EXT of the new winmo native Opera Mini Beta 1?

I really like it and would like it to be my main browser in my cooked ROMS.

I love: Swype, Pandora, AmonRa Recovery and Touiteur.
I hate: Swype (haha), 4G dropping constantly, screen protectors and losing signal in the DC subways
Old 03-09-2010, 11:20 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Flashed with odd results

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfoy View Post
Ok, I finally took the plunge, used the kitchen, and flashed my phone. I used 28232 (most recent should be less buggy, right?) and the flash itself went fine.

Observations:
1. You can't do *22899 in the proximity of a Verizon Network Extender. Glad it is not raining here as I had to walk out to a field to get away from the thing.

2. The opening wallpaper had that neat sickle streak in it and like a dumbbutt, I changed the wallpaper and now can't get rid of it to get back to the sickle.

3. I tried a different color theme and the buttons on the bottom row (Start, return, etc) have disappeared on me.

4. How do I turn the fool phone off? I held down the END button and it gives me a long vibration and nothing else. I stumbled on psShutdownXP in the Programs. What's the deal with the vibrating End key and nothing else?

5. On the Home page, the taskmgr and time are overlapped. I think I saw someone mention that before, but with so many msgs in this thread, I haven't found it again.

Suggestions?
Thanks
Long press on the end button puts your phone on vibrate...as for the task manager...you're talking about showcase...go to showcase settings>>advanced>>hide task manager on home page (check that box)...you should be good to go...as for the "flamerise" wallpaper...it is Calkulin's signature theme for his kitchens and roms. go to theme (settings>>home) you should be able to choose flamerise and get the wall back.

You should be able to turn the phone off with a long press on the "POWER" button (the one on TOP of the phone) if you had cooked in psShutdownXP on power button, long press on your "POWER" button should bring up that app and you can choose to shut it down like your PC.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:21 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 3-5 ][ v1.6 R3 ][28232 / 23542 / 21893 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kitc

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdikrik View Post
Anyone have an EXT of the new winmo native Opera Mini Beta 1?

I really like it and would like it to be my main browser in my cooked ROMS.
this has my personal settings so it installs into the "connection" folder. make sure you check out the app.dat and edit it as you please
Attached Files
File Type: rar Internet - Opera Mini 5.rar (927.8 KB, 12 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-09-2010, 11:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

emerald is keeping up the good workemerald is keeping up the good work

@johnfoy

Congrats on the plunge. This kitchen is the best way to learn. For me, like you, I dont know what the options do/are, so everything's about trial and error.

1) I dont have a network extender so cant help you there. I just use the *228 for the initial programming.
2) Just download and save the wallpaper to phone/card and use it as background again. Not sure if theres an easier way built into the rom.
3) Not sure.
4) Trial and error for me. I found out that the power has been remapped to the backlight button on top after just holding the button too long without thinking.
5) No idea, a screenshot might help, but not.like I know whats wrong

I'm not much help but asking is always part of learning.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:27 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
this has my personal settings so it installs into the "connection" folder. make sure you check out the app.dat and edit it as you please
noob question...

app.dat is where you can adjust the settings of the cab that you're cooking in right??

also, what exactly is a .dll?
Old 03-09-2010, 11:42 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
noob question...

app.dat is where you can adjust the settings of the cab that you're cooking in right??

the app.dat is where you can tell the kitchen where to install certain files and where they will be located when the rom is actually built. the app.reg contains the registry settings

as far as .dll, honestly as weird as it sounds, i know how to edit them as ive done it a lot in the past, but as far as explained what they are, i have no clue lol
Old 03-09-2010, 11:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

sc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIP

Quote:
Ok, I finally took the plunge, used the kitchen, and flashed my phone. I used 28232 (most recent should be less buggy, right?) and the flash itself went fine.

Observations:
1. You can't do *22899 in the proximity of a Verizon Network Extender. Glad it is not raining here as I had to walk out to a field to get away from the thing.

2. The opening wallpaper had that neat sickle streak in it and like a dumbbutt, I changed the wallpaper and now can't get rid of it to get back to the sickle.

3. I tried a different color theme and the buttons on the bottom row (Start, return, etc) have disappeared on me.

4. How do I turn the fool phone off? I held down the END button and it gives me a long vibration and nothing else. I stumbled on psShutdownXP in the Programs. What's the deal with the vibrating End key and nothing else?

5. On the Home page, the taskmgr and time are overlapped. I think I saw someone mention that before, but with so many msgs in this thread, I haven't found it again.

Suggestions?
Thanks
Have fun!
Just a hint: It can still get a bit rocky if I edit alot of stuff and don't make a changelog for myself.
1. Sorry, someone else has got to chime in on the VZ issues.
2. For WM screens, use one of your picture-viewing apps to "set as wallpaper" OR Settings->Home->check mark at the bottom.
If you're using Manila2.5, use the 2 options in Settings Tab->Personalize.
3. Changing themes is not perfect in 6.5.x... I recommend selecting a theme, taping "OK", and then Soft Resetting.
4. New phone, huh? Hold down the On/Off button on the top for about 3seconds. (That's unless I'm being a jerk and something did not build correctly).
5. That's how it's gonna be in 6.5.x so I recommend using the X2 task manager instead OR even xTask (my preference).

good luck
Quote:
noob question...

I suggest exploring the app.dat files without editing them first. They tend to be used to create, copy & move files and folders.
As for .dll's... thats a 5h!t-show:
"As with EXEs, DLLs can contain code, data, and resources, in any combination."

Last edited by sc00b4s7eve; 03-10-2010 at 12:07 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:56 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
......also, what exactly is a .dll?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=.dll
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:03 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

welrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:

Observations:

Suggestions?
Thanks

Just chiming in as most all questions have been answered. But on question 5, make sure you are choosing 6.5.x in the kitchen when building a rom, not 6.5 or 6.1
Old 03-10-2010, 12:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: verizon

johnfoy is a n00b

"Long press on the end button puts your phone on vibrate"
ah! thanks

"...as for the task manager...you're talking about showcase...go to showcase settings>>advanced>>hide task manager on home page (check that box)"
Didn't find it. App shows me what is running and has a memory summary tab. Nothing in Programs about Showcase.

"as for the "flamerise" wallpaper...it is Calkulin's signature theme for his kitchens and roms. go to theme (settings>>home) you should be able to choose flamerise and get the wall back."
Ironically, I only Classic Blue, HTC Black, Blue, and Grey. No Flamerise. Odd huh?

Thanks
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development