View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 11:53 PM
sc00b4s7eve
VIP Member

sc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Flashed with odd results

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfoy View Post
Ok, I finally took the plunge, used the kitchen, and flashed my phone. I used 28232 (most recent should be less buggy, right?) and the flash itself went fine.

Observations:
1. You can't do *22899 in the proximity of a Verizon Network Extender. Glad it is not raining here as I had to walk out to a field to get away from the thing.

2. The opening wallpaper had that neat sickle streak in it and like a dumbbutt, I changed the wallpaper and now can't get rid of it to get back to the sickle.

3. I tried a different color theme and the buttons on the bottom row (Start, return, etc) have disappeared on me.

4. How do I turn the fool phone off? I held down the END button and it gives me a long vibration and nothing else. I stumbled on psShutdownXP in the Programs. What's the deal with the vibrating End key and nothing else?

5. On the Home page, the taskmgr and time are overlapped. I think I saw someone mention that before, but with so many msgs in this thread, I haven't found it again.

Suggestions?
Thanks
Have fun!
Just a hint: It can still get a bit rocky if I edit alot of stuff and don't make a changelog for myself.
1. Sorry, someone else has got to chime in on the VZ issues.
2. For WM screens, use one of your picture-viewing apps to "set as wallpaper" OR Settings->Home->check mark at the bottom.
If you're using Manila2.5, use the 2 options in Settings Tab->Personalize.
3. Changing themes is not perfect in 6.5.x... I recommend selecting a theme, taping "OK", and then Soft Resetting.
4. New phone, huh? Hold down the On/Off button on the top for about 3seconds. (That's unless I'm being a jerk and something did not build correctly).
5. That's how it's gonna be in 6.5.x so I recommend using the X2 task manager instead OR even xTask (my preference).

good luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
noob question...

app.dat is where you can adjust the settings of the cab that you're cooking in right??

also, what exactly is a .dll?
I suggest exploring the app.dat files without editing them first. They tend to be used to create, copy & move files and folders.
As for .dll's... thats a 5h!t-show:
"As with EXEs, DLLs can contain code, data, and resources, in any combination."

Last edited by sc00b4s7eve; 03-10-2010 at 12:07 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.