View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 11:20 PM
amw1972
Jailbroken and rooted

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Flashed with odd results

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfoy View Post
Ok, I finally took the plunge, used the kitchen, and flashed my phone. I used 28232 (most recent should be less buggy, right?) and the flash itself went fine.

Observations:
1. You can't do *22899 in the proximity of a Verizon Network Extender. Glad it is not raining here as I had to walk out to a field to get away from the thing.

2. The opening wallpaper had that neat sickle streak in it and like a dumbbutt, I changed the wallpaper and now can't get rid of it to get back to the sickle.

3. I tried a different color theme and the buttons on the bottom row (Start, return, etc) have disappeared on me.

4. How do I turn the fool phone off? I held down the END button and it gives me a long vibration and nothing else. I stumbled on psShutdownXP in the Programs. What's the deal with the vibrating End key and nothing else?

5. On the Home page, the taskmgr and time are overlapped. I think I saw someone mention that before, but with so many msgs in this thread, I haven't found it again.

Suggestions?
Thanks
Long press on the end button puts your phone on vibrate...as for the task manager...you're talking about showcase...go to showcase settings>>advanced>>hide task manager on home page (check that box)...you should be good to go...as for the "flamerise" wallpaper...it is Calkulin's signature theme for his kitchens and roms. go to theme (settings>>home) you should be able to choose flamerise and get the wall back.

You should be able to turn the phone off with a long press on the "POWER" button (the one on TOP of the phone) if you had cooked in psShutdownXP on power button, long press on your "POWER" button should bring up that app and you can choose to shut it down like your PC.

This post has been thanked 1 times.