PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2010, 12:50 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

TheGovernor11 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 3-5 ][ v1.6 R3 ][28232 / 23542 / 21893 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kitc

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceboy View Post
Just tried the kitchen and my nbh file ended up 189 mb. I am not sure what options to select to get a bare ROM with sms, mms, wifi. I was using the 23542 sys.

What should pagepool be set to?

I am a verizon user.
This may sound basic but take out anything you don't use. That'll get your ROM smaller. Mine's 157 mb and isn't that bare. I have about 10 mb worth of ringtones and a few applications that I probably should get rid of. Play around with things to see what you use and don't use and then just start pulling stuff from the kitchen. My PP is at 16 by the way.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

spaceboy is keeping up the good workspaceboy is keeping up the good work
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 3-5 ][ v1.6 R3 ][28232 / 23542 / 21893 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kitc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGovernor11 View Post
This may sound basic but take out anything you don't use. That'll get your ROM smaller. Mine's 157 mb and isn't that bare. I have about 10 mb worth of ringtones and a few applications that I probably should get rid of. Play around with things to see what you use and don't use and then just start pulling stuff from the kitchen. My PP is at 16 by the way.
Thanks.

I am not sure what some of the options are for. Some just stand out, like windowslive, etc. I was happy with my first rom until I used file explorer and it locks up everytime. Also, would you happen to know how to get rid of the Qualcomm screen that comes up initially? Why no sound from YouTube? Is it related to using LFX compression?

Thanks again for your suggestions and not telling me to do the search dance.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

JSnively is keeping up the good workJSnively is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Thanks.

I am not sure what some of the options are for. Some just stand out, like windowslive, etc. I was happy with my first rom until I used file explorer and it locks up everytime. Also, would you happen to know how to get rid of the Qualcomm screen that comes up initially? Why no sound from YouTube? Is it related to using LFX compression?

For the file explorer issue I removed File Explorer extions from the build and I don't have the issue anymore. I did not have to remove this for 23541 just 23542.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 12-14 ][ v1.2 ][ 6.5.5 \ 6.5 \ 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMartin View Post
If you are just trying to move things around, you need to change either the app.dat for that EXT or change the initflashfiles.dat (Located in OEM\Touch_Pro2\0409\OEM_Lang_0409) for packages that might be in the SYS. Some packages, ie Marketplace, will have a provxml that will determine where the Start Menu Link goes.

Here is an example if you trying to move Adobe from the Start Menu:

to a new folder called Multimedia:

i'm trying to get rid of task manager, marketplace and mail setup from the start menu and put them somewhere else. i'm pulling my hair out trying to track them down. i've found several proxml files with info in them but i'm clueless how to read to files or how to alter them to not include the shortcuts or move them somewhere else.

any assistance would be appreciated.

-MightyMike was here.... true story!
Old 03-06-2010, 01:56 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

savior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to savior02

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopperguy918 View Post
I personally set page pool at 0 and everything runs great. You may want to play around with different setting and see what works best for you.

Can you post your selection file? Im just curious b/c I have always gotten sluggish roms with pp 0.

Old 03-06-2010, 03:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

savior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to savior02

23106 does seem faster than 23542 but no office 2010
Old 03-06-2010, 04:05 AM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin View Post
Just an FYI, the reason I don't do updates package is because sometimes I do minor changes or updates to various things and don't post it the change log, not so for R3 but in the future, I would suggest you make your own packages and just carry them over kitchen to kitchen like I do because if you have problems, I won't be able to help you if your just copying new stuff to a old kitchen
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiznith View Post
for anyone interested. i put together an update file of calku's kitchen (i hate resetting up a kitchen just for 3 or more updated packages).

Just rename and extract in your kitchen

http://www.mediafire.com/?xyhidgw3wyi

Tell me your thoughts.
definitely understood, i just hate having to start from scratch with each update when its not a lot of tweaks (which you usually mention not in the change log but in conversation with us). I greatly appreciate your work as do everyone here. i just like having my kitchen set up cause its easy for me to navigate and add things.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:26 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

TheGovernor11 is just getting started

Quote:
Thanks.

I hear ya about the options. I just took stuff out and if it "broke" something, I'd add it back in. Also I always use Sense so I took out all the Windows interface stuff with no ill effects. What I have taken out of the "SYS" group is AlamSounds, AUTOUPDATE, bronze, BronzeNonEA, BTDUN, Bth_HID, CHome, CommonNonEA, Enterprise, IPSECVPN, LockscreenNonEA, OneNote, RemoteDekstopMobile, RingsAndAlerts, SqlCeMobile, Themes, Transciber, and everything from Welcome Center to the end. Hope that helps. With your youtube problem, I never had that issue but someone did recently and I think it was solved like 20 pages back. I'd tell you what the solution was but I just skimmed over those posts so I have no idea.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4g / Touch_Pro2

captblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGovernor11 View Post
I hear ya about the options. I just took stuff out and if it "broke" something, I'd add it back in. Also I always use Sense so I took out all the Windows interface stuff with no ill effects. What I have taken out of the "SYS" group is AlamSounds, AUTOUPDATE, bronze, BronzeNonEA, BTDUN, Bth_HID, CHome, CommonNonEA, Enterprise, IPSECVPN, LockscreenNonEA, OneNote, RemoteDekstopMobile, RingsAndAlerts, SqlCeMobile, Themes, Transciber, and everything from Welcome Center to the end. Hope that helps. With your youtube problem, I never had that issue but someone did recently and I think it was solved like 20 pages back. I'd tell you what the solution was but I just skimmed over those posts so I have no idea.
Da-G over XDA has a lot of info regarding SYS and what to and not to do...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...66&postcount=5
Old 03-06-2010, 10:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc pro 2

a1d2catz knows their stuffa1d2catz knows their stuffa1d2catz knows their stuffa1d2catz knows their stuffa1d2catz knows their stuffa1d2catz knows their stuffa1d2catz knows their stuff

For all interested, 23544 released at HTCPedia today. Here is the SYS/XIP for Calk's kitchen. Timebomb removed, Beta watermarks removed, dialer fixed and Calk's icons added. Setup for this kitchen. Just add to sys and rom folders.

Thanks to Tom Codon for posting.

Enjoy!!!

Here is the link to my shared folder..

http://www.4shared.com/dir/27627170/...6/sharing.html

Here is the direct link..

http://www.4shared.com/file/23550232...004/23544.html

Last edited by a1d2catz; 03-06-2010 at 11:25 AM.
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development