PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 06:33 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 12-1 ][ v1.1 ][ 6.5.3 \ 6.5 \ 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalAttic View Post
Actually, I don't use Calk's kitchen much these days; I have a customized Ervius base I test with, and SSK & eRice kitchen users report they can use the builds with little effort.

I will download Calk's 1.1 and see the results for a base build. Unfortunately, he customizes his kitchens a bit much for me to test beyond this, but I will be releasing my kitchen ASA I feel it's at a level I'm comfortable with the community using it. I don't support Manila, or builds other than 65x, so I know it won't suit many users here: it will be carrier friendly as best I can get it.

K, off to test
you are correct, calkulin does customize his sys files in the kitchen which makes his roms and the roms that come from the kitchen run alot smoother, at least imo.
Google is the next skynet
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2... Da Bomb!
Carrier: VZW... Can U @&^&!# Hear Me Now!

DigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to DigitalAttic Send a message via MSN to DigitalAttic Send a message via Skype™ to DigitalAttic
Exclamation Re: [ Kitchen ][ 12-1 ][ v1.1 ][ 6.5.3 \ 6.5 \ 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
thats why we donate to calkulin, so he can knock those things out for us

anybody can post those files they are readily available, but i find it useless to post if i can't transition them to work with calkulins kitchen. DA G posts these files over at xda in a specific folder and he updates it all of the time.
Eh, easy there Slim. If it were that simple, why don't you post the build?

I have never heard anyone on Calk's forums stating they use raw Da_G rollups successfully without some massaging.

My builds are quite easy to use if you understand the kitchen folder structure: it's not a mysterious chef's secret.

And AFA the files being readily available... well let's just say the base comes from a flash.dio file which is dumped, sorted, hex tested for authenticity, patched, and finally beta logo removed. Oh yeah, did I mention I actually build a base ROM and boot it cleanly on my device several times before I release?

Sorry if what I do falls short of your standards, but enough folks appreciate the work, and can actually use it the way I present it, so I will continue nontheless.

'enough said.

If my post helps you, please hit the "Thanks" button... it's free and I need the rep!
Old 12-07-2009, 06:41 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 12-1 ][ v1.1 ][ 6.5.3 \ 6.5 \ 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen

Quote:
Eh, easy there Slim. If it were that simple, why don't you post the build?

I have never heard anyone on Calk's forums stating they use raw Da_G rollups successfully without some massaging.

My builds are quite easy to use if you understand the kitchen folder structure: it's not a mysterious chef's secret.

And AFA the files being readily available... well let's just say the base comes from a flash.dio file which is dumped, sorted, hex tested for authenticity, patched, and finally beta logo removed. Oh yeah, did I mention I actually build a base ROM and boot it cleanly on my device several times before I release?

Sorry if what I do falls short of your standards, but enough folks appreciate the work, and can actually use it the way I present it, so I will continue nontheless.

'enough said.

your work doesnt fall short of my standards especially being i don't have standards but on the other hand if you post files somewhere that no one can use, what is the point of posting the files. you've posted those files 2 or 3 times but we still have to wait for calkulin to post because we can't use your files. So your work is only appreciated by those who can use it, which is only a few in this room. I could post the build very easily but i am unable to make them work with calkulins kitchen. ssk's kitchen i can get them to work, but the sys is not tweaked to my liking.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Nagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I cannot answer any phone calls on this newest ROM Calkulin. I have tried to answer by using the slider and by pushing the physical answer button, but nothing happens. The phone call stops ringing when I try to answer, but it then hangs for several seconds and then goes to missed call.

Any ideas?
Old 12-07-2009, 06:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker

DigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to DigitalAttic Send a message via MSN to DigitalAttic Send a message via Skype™ to DigitalAttic

Quote:
you are correct, calkulin does customize his sys files in the kitchen which makes his roms and the roms that come from the kitchen run alot smoother, at least imo.
He does little to the SYS files other than to make them work with his highly customized kitchen. He does amazing work, and I have learned greatly about cooking from teaching myself with his, SSK, eRice, IndaGroove, and Bepe's kitchens. I've spent hundreds of hours leaning this stuff so I could make my own kitchen from a base Ervius framework.

Though I admire Calk's kitchen tremendously, I found they required too much effort on my part to do exactly what all you are trying to do with minimal effort, and so I developed my own kitchen, that I can have a new build in with a couple hours from the time I get the raw images to the time I can build a highly customized ROM, albeit sans Manila.

We all have our goals for what we want out of this, and mine was to have a very modular/flexible kitchen that can be updated quite easily and understood by all very clearly.

I think I'm close to that goal and will see when I release.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
your work doesnt fall short of my standards especially being i don't have standards but on the other hand if you post files somewhere that no one can use, what is the point of posting the files. you've posted those files 2 or 3 times but we still have to wait for calkulin to post because we can't use your files. So your work is only appreciated by those who can use it, which is only a few in this room. I could post the build very easily but i am unable to make them work with calkulins kitchen. ssk's kitchen i can get them to work, but the sys is not tweaked to my liking.
So I guess you do have standards. Anyway, like I said, Calk massages his SYS files to work w/the ROM customization he does: aka, Autorun/RunCC, whatever floats yer boat.

My point being, his binary SYS files are no different then anyone else', it's just he adds a few things to make his customizations hum along, as many chefs do.

If you take my builds and Calk's builds and create a generic OS plain vanilla ROM, you will and should see no effective difference in features or performance.

Please post the next released build of your own so I can test it in my kitchen, and hex the shell32.exe module S000 with yer sig at offset DC7 so I know it's your's. I'll replace it if it doesn't work.

Yes, I really am finished now

Last edited by DigitalAttic; 12-07-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

Beejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagrom Nniuq View Post
I cannot answer any phone calls on this newest ROM Calkulin. I have tried to answer by using the slider and by pushing the physical answer button, but nothing happens. The phone call stops ringing when I try to answer, but it then hangs for several seconds and then goes to missed call.

Any ideas?
I had the same issues with my TP with some roms, then I remember stumbling across this cab that does a reg tweak (don't remember what, but it worked) so that you CAN answer phone calls.

Not sure if this works with the TP2 but I'm sure it won't hurt to try.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Shaggy's SuspendResume777.cab (1.6 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-07-2009, 06:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

Quote:
He does little to the SYS files other than to make them work with his highly customized kitchen. He does amazing work, and I have learned greatly about cooking from teaching myself with his, SSK, eRice, IndaGroove, and Bepe's kitchens. I've spent hundreds of hours leaning this stuff so I could make my own kitchen from a base Ervius framework.

Though I admire Calk's kitchen tremendously, I found they required too much effort on my part to do exactly what all you are trying to do with minimal effort, and so I developed my own kitchen, that I can have a new build in with a couple hours from the time I get the raw images to the time I can build a highly customized ROM, albeit sans Manila.

We all have our goals for what we want out of this, and mine was to have a very modular/flexible kitchen that can be updated quite easily and understood by all very clearly.

I think I'm close to that goal and will see when I release.
I don't doubt that you put a lot of work into testing a building and we all appreciate the effort as I'm sure it helps the community as a whole. However, if you know the files don't work with Calkulin's Kitchen then why do you post them in this thread? That's the only part I don't get.

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX View Post
I don't doubt that you put a lot of work into testing a building and we all appreciate the effort as I'm sure it helps the community as a whole. However, if you know the files don't work with Calkulin's Kitchen then why do you post them in this thread? That's the only part I don't get.
They do work with Calk's kitchen, but you have to understand how his kitchen puts the ROM together first.

If you are willing to put the time in to learn how the engine works, then you will be able to get the builds to fit in properly. I have done it, but it requires too much effort for each build. Perhaps Calk will create a tutorial on how he gets his mods done, and updates his builds, but this is his thread, not mine.

My point is-- though it can be done- the effort is too great to keep up with the frequency and # of builds released, which is why I developed my own kitchen.

Again, I admire Calk's work tremendously, but ask yourself why it takes so long for him to release a new SYS. I know he doesn't chase every build, but the simple fact is it's just not a walk in the park to integrate them quickly, and that's one of my goals, though it may not be his.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:14 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX View Post
this is all i'm trying to say, and he's making me seem like the bad guy. i'm sorry if i offended you digital attic
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development