PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2010, 09:02 AM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [HOW-TO] - - Flash a Rom or Radio on your TP2 from the SD card

can you flash Stock roms like this too? like the sprint

would i just change the RUU or do i have to add the SPL signed.nbh? i would imagine if i flash just the RUU it would work but without the benefits of flashing the stock rom to clear things..

???

Old 04-16-2010, 01:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayonesa View Post
can you flash Stock roms like this too? like the sprint

would i just change the RUU or do i have to add the SPL signed.nbh? i would imagine if i flash just the RUU it would work but without the benefits of flashing the stock rom to clear things..

???
you do the same thing you do with custom roms. extract the exe with Winrar or similar program, then rename the nbh file to RHODIMG.nbh and put it on your mem card.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:00 PM
What did you say?

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
you do the same thing you do with custom roms. extract the exe with Winrar or similar program, then rename the nbh file to RHODIMG.nbh and put it on your mem card.

would it have the benefit tho? since the stock rom is a signed rom... as to wipe the data... not sure if im explaining it right.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:08 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
would it have the benefit tho? since the stock rom is a signed rom... as to wipe the data... not sure if im explaining it right.
not sure what you mean. flashing a rom wipes your phone, regardless if it's signed or not and regardless if you flash from microsd card or computer.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:14 PM
What did you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
not sure what you mean. flashing a rom wipes your phone, regardless if it's signed or not and regardless if you flash from microsd card or computer.

i know that but you know how it is said to flash back to stock then flash custom...

i had a problem not too long ago where the splash screen for a rom stayed after i flashed a diff rom... i flash the stock and it cleared it.

i forgot how it was explained when i saw it. i think on a MM thread...

even after you flash a custom rom you get some data left behind but apparently flashing a signed rom clears the internal memory...

like i said, i may not understand this or know to explain what i saw...

Mike suggested flashing stock then his rom after one of his roms
Old 04-16-2010, 11:32 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
i know that but you know how it is said to flash back to stock then flash custom...

i had a problem not too long ago where the splash screen for a rom stayed after i flashed a diff rom... i flash the stock and it cleared it.

i forgot how it was explained when i saw it. i think on a MM thread...

even after you flash a custom rom you get some data left behind but apparently flashing a signed rom clears the internal memory...

like i said, i may not understand this or know to explain what i saw...

Mike suggested flashing stock then his rom after one of his roms
oh...i follow you now. an official rom exe for the tp2 includes a few more things than a custom rom exe. OS rom, radio rom, boot splash, prl and pri is everything in a official rom exe. But if you take the nbh out of it and flash via microsd, you will not get the pri, and i think that's the only thing you wont get. For the sake of flashing back to stock rom prior to flashing a custom rom, as is suggested alot around here, i think doing it via microsd will serve the purpose.

Last edited by razorloves; 04-16-2010 at 11:41 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

padair is a n00b

After the flash procedure is finished it sits at the grey screen letting you know it was successful.

Is there anyway to reboot the phone now easily? A certain button sequence perhaps? I am a fairly rugged mobile user so I use a hard snap on cases to protect the phone. It is a PITA to get that cover off and then back cover and then find something to press the reset button (stylus long gone lol..) to get it to reboot. IMHO HTC made a step in the wrong direction moving the reset button behind the battery cover!

Cheers.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:08 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now
Threadstarter

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

unfortunatly the only options are a battery pull and the soft reset button that I know of (both mean taking the case off) the only real alternative to taking the cover off is attempting that mod were people drill a small hole were the rest is, but there are all kinds of things that could go wrong doing that...
Old 05-07-2010, 05:13 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

XwalkerX is a n00b

so my usb port is defective and im running mighty rom and rather than file an insurance claim and get stuck with the $100 deductable i would like to try and take my phone back to the sprint store. im going to try and re-flash it back to the stock sprint rom via my SD card however my real question is will i be able to relock the device via the SD card?
Old 05-07-2010, 06:59 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now
Threadstarter

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

while you could re-flash back to stock, unfortunatly with the new design of the unlocker and relocker not having an SSPL equivilent runnable from the phone unlocking and relocking is not possible from the sd card.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
flash, radio, rom, sd