View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 11:32 PM
razorloves
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: [HOW-TO] - - Flash a Rom or Radio on your TP2 from the SD card

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayonesa View Post
i know that but you know how it is said to flash back to stock then flash custom...

i had a problem not too long ago where the splash screen for a rom stayed after i flashed a diff rom... i flash the stock and it cleared it.

i forgot how it was explained when i saw it. i think on a MM thread...

even after you flash a custom rom you get some data left behind but apparently flashing a signed rom clears the internal memory...

like i said, i may not understand this or know to explain what i saw...

Mike suggested flashing stock then his rom after one of his roms
oh...i follow you now. an official rom exe for the tp2 includes a few more things than a custom rom exe. OS rom, radio rom, boot splash, prl and pri is everything in a official rom exe. But if you take the nbh out of it and flash via microsd, you will not get the pri, and i think that's the only thing you wont get. For the sake of flashing back to stock rom prior to flashing a custom rom, as is suggested alot around here, i think doing it via microsd will serve the purpose.

Last edited by razorloves; 04-16-2010 at 11:41 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.