PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 07:39 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now
Threadstarter

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [HOW-TO] - - Flash a Rom or Radio on your TP2 from the SD card

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyface22 View Post
Wirelessly posted (TP2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Are you trying to flash while still connected to you're laptop? I know its a silly question but you never know..
I concure it looks to me like he is trying to flash the phone by two seperate methods at one card.

Also just becaues you can run apps via your sd card, doesn't mean the card can flash, its an unknown reason why some cards just can't seem to flash, but it usually ends up being a "bargain" brand of card. the spl is just really particular with what it looks for it seems.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Sprint

gladesteen is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Hi guys,

I tried both.

I have tried flashing using ONLY the phone with the ROM placed in the card and pressing down volume/start. It goes to Loading.... and just sits there.

I have also tried flashing by leaving the phone connected via usb to the laptop and running the .exe flasher. Following the command prompts to flash this way, I get the 0 - 100 scale to pull up on my laptop screen, but it never moves. On the phone, same as always, i get Loading...

I am using a Sandisk 4 GB card.

In both methods i made sure the right file was in root, no encryption, etc...

-Mark
Old 03-12-2010, 12:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladesteen View Post
Hi guys,

I tried both.

I have tried flashing using ONLY the phone with the ROM placed in the card and pressing down volume/start. It goes to Loading.... and just sits there.

I have also tried flashing by leaving the phone connected via usb to the laptop and running the .exe flasher. Following the command prompts to flash this way, I get the 0 - 100 scale to pull up on my laptop screen, but it never moves. On the phone, same as always, i get Loading...

I am using a Sandisk 4 GB card.

In both methods i made sure the right file was in root, no encryption, etc...

-Mark
you haven't unlocked your phone yet. that's the problem. go here to unlock your phone http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93252
Old 03-12-2010, 07:36 AM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
you haven't unlocked your phone yet. that's the problem. go here to unlock your phone http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93252
now theres a troubleshooting step I forgot to ask LOL!

@everyone with a problem, I pray that you read the WHOLE first post not just the numbered steps there is quite a bit of good information there, and it almost always has the answer to the questions asked within.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:54 PM
Lurker

gladesteen is a n00b

Hi again,

I did read the entire posting.

I looked and saw that my phone was already showing unlocked when i looked in settings. I never thought that i would have to unlock it again, thats why i never tried.

I guess it cant hurt, so ill give it a shot.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:44 PM
Lurker

gladesteen is a n00b

HOLY CRAP!

It works! Thanks for the help guys......
I assumed the "unlocked" in the settings was what i needed. Evidently not!

I LOVE the new ROM......so much better/faster!

-Mark
Old 03-12-2010, 10:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

smileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (TP2: Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13221/1016; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladesteen
HOLY CRAP!

It works! Thanks for the help guys......
I assumed the "unlocked" in the settings was what i needed. Evidently not!

I LOVE the new ROM......so much better/faster!

-Mark
Congrats!
Old 03-12-2010, 10:06 PM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

glad you got up and running!
Old 03-13-2010, 07:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

mattsd23 is a n00b

Been following your directions to flash from sd card but phone stays on bootloader screen. a message flashes on screen "no image file" and then the phone just sits on the bootloader screen........any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:54 PM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

no image file means it cannot find the file on your card so theres a few option
A.) not on the root/base/no folder of the sd card
B.) not named correctly needs to be RHODIMG.nbh download total commander to make sure file explorer isn't hiding anything from you.
C.) the sd card is not formatted correctly
D.) sd encryption is enabled
E.) if all else fails try a new sd card sometimes people just get cards that wont work for some unknown reason, I recommend sticking with sandisk or kingston ive never had problems with those two brands.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
flash, radio, rom, sd