PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2011, 12:24 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1134
I am a fairly experienced flasher in the past. I have been using and Energy ROM on my TP2 for quite a while now, and now want to reflash the stock ROM. However, this is my new error message after I have synced, opened, accepted and get the splash screen on my phone:

-------------------

ERROR [260] : CONNECTION

The Update Utility cannot connect to your PDA Phone. Please check that
your USB cradle/cable is connected properly between the PC and your
PDA Phone.

Check the following:

1. The PDA Phone is connected to the USB cradle/cable.
2. The USB cradly/cable is connected to the PC.

---------------------

Can someone help me? This is not only when I try to flash the stock ROM, but even my old ROM's give me this message.

I thought it might be the cable, but I am connected through activesync and am able to move files between my phone and computer.

Please help!
Not a good choice to post this question in this thread but since I saw it I'll recommend you turn off all Anti-virus, Firewall software and try deleting and recreating partnership with your device. Also, try uninstalling and reinstalling Activesync/Windows Mobile Device Center.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2
Carrier: us cellular

cheif_of_smoke is just getting started
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: [HOW-TO] - - Flash a Rom or Radio and re-locking on your TP2 from the SD card

got stuck in bootloader. wont flash. any ideas. and yes the nbh file is in the right location, names right and i even used the program mentioned in the first post. flashed via pc numerous time with out an issue. any ideas.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: us cellular

cheif_of_smoke is just getting started
Re: [HOW-TO] - - Flash a Rom or Radio and re-locking on your TP2 from the SD card

never mind got it to work. had to use a san disk 256MB card instead of my dane eletric 4GB card.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:30 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now
Threadstarter

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

glad you figured it out, sometimes sd cards especially noname ones are kinda flakey. I have had the best luck with sandisk or kingston
Old 12-10-2011, 07:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; SPH-D710 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Those 256 MB sandisk cards are perfect for flashing.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:34 AM
N00b
Carrier: Sprint

yahelite-rcell is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to yahelite-rcell

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmo View Post
Some say that it's necessary, others say it's a waste of time... It only takes less than 2 minutes to do, so why not? If you're coming from a stock ROM it's not needed, only going from one custom ROM to another.
same question bro. but i like to not to use task29 coz it will wipes all? ...but my question is what is the difference stock to custom ROM?..and also I like to use ROM like sharkies ROM is that ok ..my cp is htc touch pro2 sprint .win 6.5 OS version 5.2.2012 ROM ver.2.04 and radio version 2.32_00wWF I get confused on ROM and radio what should i put in my cp ROM or radio ...sorry for being noob please help me

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
flash, radio, rom, sd