PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2010, 05:56 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now
Threadstarter

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [HOW-TO] - - Flash a Rom or Radio on your TP2 from the SD card

I believe certain cards are made with better or worse standards and those standards can affect how well it works with the bootloader ive never had a problem with sandisk and kingston
Old 03-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Funky SD card is also my problem.
I was trying to SD flash from a TOPRAM 16gb card without success and found my 8gb Sandisk which worked without a problem.

Thanks again guys.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:08 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

My Sandisk 4GB (class 2) and 8GB (class 4) cards work fine.

My A-Data 16GB (class 6) card doesn't.

A couple of questions:
- Anyone have a class 6 card of any brand and size work?
- Anyone have a 16 GB card of any brand and speed work?
Old 03-09-2010, 08:50 PM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

all I have is a class 4 8gb and a few 1-2 gb class 2s so one of those combinations could be the problem people are having.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post

A couple of questions:
I am wondering too. There is a poster on the SD Flasher thread that says he flashes with a 16gb card...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...49#post1619049
Old 03-09-2010, 11:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

smileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (TP2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp

A couple of questions:
I recently purchased a 16gb card and I have successfully flashed twice from it. I'll add in what brand it is in a bit..i'm laying in bed right now and don't feel like getting up to turn the light on lol. As far as speed goes, i've noticed no difference from when I had my 4gb card in. Hope this helps!

Last edited by smileyface22; 03-10-2010 at 01:03 AM.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2

gladesteen is a n00b

I've read this entire thread and hoping someone can assist here........

I have a Sprint TP2 and i've been trying allllllll day to flash the brand new energy ROM. I can get all the way to a white Loading.... screen, but it just sits there and wont go further. I have the entire Energy ROM loaded up on my micro card (4 GB). I have tried using a laptop connection (synch) and stand-alone. Same thing happens, Loading... is all i get.

Here are things i know:

1. Its named correctly and in the "root" (empty) space.
2. I've checked the synch in settings and also made sure encryption is off.
3. I formatted the card (twice) using Fat32.

One other question. Do i need to back up my contacts before this?

Thanks,
Glade
Old 03-10-2010, 10:02 PM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

yes, backup your contacts first, I reccomend using ppcpimbackup, and or google sync (setting up your gmail as an exchange server). as far as for it still not working, the last thing I can say is try a different sd card and if you still have no luck try using nuestorage to format your card.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2

gladesteen is a n00b

i wish i could figure this out again.

I know the micro card works, i can run apps off it.

I formatted again w/FAT32 and ONLY loaded the RHODIMG.nbh file and left the rest on my laptop. This time i used the .exe utility, hit next, next, etc.. and it went into loader. From that it immediately went to the white, Loading... screen and sat there.

Eventually the .exe loader program timed out and it told me that i either had a USB to phone connect failure, or vice-versa.

I've rechecked all the other settings previously mentioned (encryption, etc..) and they still are good.

ughhhhhhhh!!
Old 03-11-2010, 04:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

smileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (TP2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladesteen
i wish i could figure this out again.

I know the micro card works, i can run apps off it.

I formatted again w/FAT32 and ONLY loaded the RHODIMG.nbh file and left the rest on my laptop. This time i used the .exe utility, hit next, next, etc.. and it went into loader. From that it immediately went to the white, Loading... screen and sat there.

Eventually the .exe loader program timed out and it told me that i either had a USB to phone connect failure, or vice-versa.

I've rechecked all the other settings previously mentioned (encryption, etc..) and they still are good.

ughhhhhhhh!!
Are you trying to flash while still connected to you're laptop? I know its a silly question but you never know..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
flash, radio, rom, sd