PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2009, 08:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: RhodiumW CDMA Worldphone HardSPL Unlocker Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravic View Post
Exactly as you described. Yes it is a windows PC. I will try to install another PCI-E graphics card in this desktop later today to confirm that the it works. Also, i will try to use the broken graphics card in another computer.

I am not sure how the unlocker could cause this, since it is really only looking at the usb device.
were you running the OS in any type of virtual environment? what OS were you using?
Old 10-31-2009, 08:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ravic is a n00b

Got it fixed. Completely disconnecting power from the computer by removing the power cable (Keeping that way for 30 sec) and removing the card and reinstalling it fixed the issue.

It was Windows 7 32 bit and native OS (not virtual)

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
were you running the OS in any type of virtual environment? what OS were you using?
Old 10-31-2009, 08:22 AM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravic View Post
Got it fixed. Completely disconnecting power from the computer by removing the power cable (Keeping that way for 30 sec) and removing the card and reinstalling it fixed the issue.

It was Windows 7 32 bit and native OS (not virtual)
wow...that's great you got it fixed. hopefully the team is aware of this problem and can fix it.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:27 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

savaytse66 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbram View Post
+1 where can I find "SSPL-Manual-RhodiumW.zip"? Maybe I'm blind but I don't see any attachments to the original post.

Or, maybe I'm doing something else wrong. First I connect the phone to the PC via active sync and that works fine. Then I launch the unlocker. I'm told to click ok which I do, then right away my device screen goes black and active sync disconnects. After that, nothing works and my phone is locked up. The only way to get it back is to remove the battery.
I am having a similar problem. I am trying to unlock on Windows 7 x64, and here are the steps I followed:
  1. Ran the .exe
  2. Screen pops up "Preparing to flash, press ok to wait. I press ok.
  3. The screen goes black (like it's supposed to), Active Sync DISCONNECTS, and a box pops up: "Welcome to the ROM update utility...". I check the box "I understand the caution..." and click next.
  4. The next box pops up "Follow the instructions..." and I check the box "I completed the steps..."
  5. A box pops up: "Verifying the information on your PDA phone...please wait..."
  6. About 30 seconds go by, and an error box pops up: Error [260]: Connection...
  7. I have to soft-reset the device at this point.
I tried a second time after installing the enablerapinew.cab (using auto mode) and got the exact same errors.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: When I soft-reset in #7 above, the computer dink-donks like when you disconnect the UBS cable, so there's still some sort of connection the PC is recognizing...

Last edited by savaytse66; 10-31-2009 at 08:29 AM.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:32 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by savaytse66 View Post
I am having a similar problem. I am trying to unlock on Windows 7 x64, and here are the steps I followed:
  1. Ran the .exe
  2. Screen pops up "Preparing to flash, press ok to wait. I press ok.
  3. The screen goes black (like it's supposed to), Active Sync DISCONNECTS, and a box pops up: "Welcome to the ROM update utility...". I check the box "I understand the caution..." and click next.
  4. The next box pops up "Follow the instructions..." and I check the box "I completed the steps..."
  5. A box pops up: "Verifying the information on your PDA phone...please wait..."
  6. About 30 seconds go by, and an error box pops up: Error [260]: Connection...
  7. I have to soft-reset the device at this point.
I tried a second time after installing the enablerapinew.cab (using auto mode) and got the exact same errors.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: When I soft-reset in #7 above, the computer dink-donks like when you disconnect the UBS cable, so there's still some sort of connection the PC is recognizing...
put your phone into bootloader mode, then connect it to computer and allow the drivers to install. then you should see it say USB at the bottom of the phone screen, when it's done installing drivers. then disconnect phone and soft reset it and start the unlocking steps over again
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:57 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

savaytse66 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
put your phone into bootloader mode, then connect it to computer and allow the drivers to install. then you should see it say USB at the bottom of the phone screen, when it's done installing drivers. then disconnect phone and soft reset it and start the unlocking steps over again
That did it. Thanks!
Old 10-31-2009, 09:06 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by savaytse66 View Post
That did it. Thanks!
you're welcome. glad i could help you out.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

spivey8 is just getting started

still no fix for the phone locking up after you click flash and then ok??

Old 10-31-2009, 09:13 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spivey8 View Post
still no fix for the phone locking up after you click flash and then ok??
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=245
Old 10-31-2009, 09:14 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: vx6900
Carrier: verizon

cdmoore74 is a n00b

No problems at all and was super quick and super easy. Thanks for taking the time to make it right and glad you did not fall prey to all the cry babies on this forum. For a minute there I thought preschoolers were taking over with threats to return tp2's and revoke donations. I kept my mouth shut to let you work. Excellent job cmonex.

Donation approved.

Transaction ID: 73U547670F825911S
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development