PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2009, 05:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

imchristchild is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RhodiumW CDMA Worldphone HardSPL Unlocker Release

Trying to redownload tey saidthe one i downloaded before dnating was a bust its taking rather long to b a zip
Old 10-31-2009, 05:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 6.5.5/Android 2.0.1
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

Ludacrisvp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLudacrisvp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLudacrisvp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Exclamation Re: RhodiumW CDMA Worldphone HardSPL Unlocker Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp View Post
This has caused a HUGE issue for me.
I am using a Mac Pro running windows vista x64 and OSX.
I tried doing the HardSPL flash in vista x64 as admin and it didn't flash my phone.
What it did do is flash my graphics card. An Apple Nvidia 8800GT with EFI ROM. Now when I turn on my computer it makes the normal Mac gong sound but i have no display until OS X is completely loaded and I cannot get back into Vista because I have no display until I get to the OSX desktop.
Quote:
Here is how the process went down.
1. Downloaded HSPL
2. Added HSPL to DEP exceptions - windows said reboot to take effect
3. Rebooted
4. Opened HSPL
5. Connected Phone
6. Let active sync do its thing
7. Tried to flash phone, it went instantly to 100% and said flash complete.
8. Looked at phone and nothing changed
9. Closed HSPL
10. disconnected phone from PC
11. did hard reset on phone
12. restarted pc again to see if that would help
13. PC = black screen until OSX is loaded.

I am, well was until now that is, running Vista x64 and XP x64 and Win7 x64 with bootcamp.
Quote:
I was able to use HSPL on my laptop (Toshiba Satellite x205-sli6) and it flashed my phone fine, with bootloader mode confirming SPL-1.00.OliNex.
However, my MacPro ($3,000USD machine) is still out of commission.
Quote:
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.15655/812; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

Running windows vista 64 on a Mac using bootcamp is NOT using any form of virtual OS. The OS is being natively booted on the Mac hardware.
Its hardware is just like a windows based pc and that's why windows works on it and why Mac OS works on a windows based machine too.
It has 10gb of DDR2 fb-dimm ecc. 2 quad core Intel xeon 2.8GHz processors. Nvidia 8800gt pcie graphics card. All of which runs in native 64
Bit mode in windows or OSX or Linux. Mac has used the same hardware as windows since 2006.
The machine is a windows machine when in windows and Mac when in Mac. So when you ask why use a Mac? I say why not? I have never had any issue
With any windows software while running windows. Bootcamp is really just a program that allows you to easily add a second partition to your hard drive
It has no effect on the os.
I was able to get the original nvidia rom flashed and now all is good.
I was also able to do a HardSPL on a friends TP2 using the MacPro and it worked without a hitch. All I can say is it must have been some random freak accident.
Now that I am back in Vista x64 time to put the MightyRom on the phones.
Old 10-31-2009, 05:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro soon to be TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Zero_Shadow is becoming a great contributor

Donation Made: 14D86178WB7821930

Thanks
Old 10-31-2009, 05:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 BABY!!!!
Carrier: Telus

iroc is just getting started

Donation sent 9/18

Transaction ID #85731958SU518504J
Old 10-31-2009, 07:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: verizon ???
Carrier: verizon super wireless

jbynum69 is becoming a great contributor

Just did it on mine. I love ya !!!
Old 10-31-2009, 07:46 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

ravic is a n00b

After the HSL unlocking my dedicated graphics card in my desktop is TOAST.

I somehow cannot boot to it anymore.

My phone did get unlocked properly though. After the reboot the computer cannot detect the dedicated graphics card (ATI 4350) and i boots to the onboard graphics card.

I will try to swap this card into another desktop and see if it works there.

Not sure why this would cause that or how it is even related. I thought it would be unrelated until i saw an earlier post about a macbook graphics issue.

I am not too worried about my card but this might be critical for some on a laptop.

Edit: Got it fixed. Completely disconnecting power from the computer by removing the power cable and removing the card and reinstalling it fixed the issue.

Last edited by ravic; 10-31-2009 at 08:17 AM.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravic View Post
After the HSL unlocking my dedicated graphics card in my desktop is TOAST.

I somehow cannot boot to it anymore.

My phone did get unlocked properly though. After the reboot the computer cannot detect the dedicated graphics card (ATI 4350) and i boots to the onboard graphics card.

I will try to swap this card into another desktop and see if it works there.

Not sure why this would cause that or how it is even related. I thought it would be unrelated until i saw an earlier post about a macbook graphics issue.

I am not too worried about my card but this might be critical for some on a laptop.
you mean that you could turn off your computer and turn it back on and the screen would remain black and never show the bios post or windows booting or anything? and the unlocker instantly caused this? and you have a windows pc (not a mac)? what OS?

Last edited by razorloves; 10-31-2009 at 07:56 AM.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

EsotericSage is a n00b

Ben waiting so long and now its here. I have a real phone that you can actually do what you want with. I usually just lurk and learn but I have to give a big THANK YOU to all involved in this unlocker. Downloaded the HSPL and bought the unlocker with some extra poundage.

I really appreciate what you make possible for all us here.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint PCS

xsytrance is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to xsytrance Send a message via Yahoo to xsytrance

thank you sooo much cmonex and the rest of the elite team! your hard work is very much appreciated. unlocker worked like a charm. (=
Transaction ID: 98J84812FU448443U
i look back and i'm amazed... that my thoughts were so clear and true.... those three words went through my mind endlessly.... repeating themselves, like a broken record.... you're so cool... you're so cool... you're so cool....
Old 10-31-2009, 08:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ravic is a n00b

Exactly as you described. Yes it is a windows PC. The computer continued to function after the unlock. Once i rebooted i see blank screen. But i noticed the disk activity is going. So flipped the monitor to onboard graphics card and sure it is back on onboard graphics. And after several reboots and CMOS reset the motherboard does not detect the pci-e graphics card and behaves as if one is not there.

I will try to install another PCI-E graphics card in this desktop later today to confirm that the it works. Also, i will try to use the broken graphics card in another computer.

I am not sure how the unlocker could cause this, since it is really only looking at the usb device.

Edit: Got it fixed. Completely disconnecting power from the computer by removing the power cable and removing the card and reinstalling it fixed the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
you mean that you could turn off your computer and turn it back on and the screen would remain black and never show the bios post or windows booting or anything? and the unlocker instantly caused this? and you have a windows pc (not a mac)? what OS?

Last edited by ravic; 10-31-2009 at 08:17 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development