PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2011, 12:35 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcc.cbu
How can I tell if it is native CDMA or GSM? Here is what I have gathered so far - on wm6.5 without sim card on the phone, it defaults to EvDo. With sim card in, defaults to global mode. So what is it? Cause I'm also not sure.

Secondly - why does it not display the rhod model id on the tri-color screen? any idea how it got to that? how can I get it to display the model id properly? will flashing to stock wm6 change it?

been waiting for a while for answers. I really need to flash to custom rom or any rom that is faster, sprint rom makes me cry, really slooow

appreciate your taking time to post your reply. help really needed. TIA
You could try getting your MSL using something like Baffs msl grabber or get it by calling Sprint and then dial ##786# and enter your msl and see if you can input or update the model # that way. I'm sure it's a 400.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Us Cellular

Czdagreat is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: [HSPL-UNLOCKER] - - Rhodium W HardSPL

Can someone help me i have a touch pro 2 us cellular and CANNOT get this to work, My previous phone was a htc hd 2 and i had no problems unlocking and changing the os on it. I have tried a hundred times and it goes all the way to the percentage screen and then just sits there on zero. My phone is a cdma rhod400.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czdagreat View Post
Can someone help me i have a touch pro 2 us cellular and CANNOT get this to work, My previous phone was a htc hd 2 and i had no problems unlocking and changing the os on it. I have tried a hundred times and it goes all the way to the percentage screen and then just sits there on zero. My phone is a cdma rhod400.
Have you followed the instructions step by step, i.e. bypassing/shutting off antivirus software, etc? It clearly works and if you haven't already used it on another phone you shouldn't have an issue. Maybe try another computer and see if that helps. You can also send her an email with specifics on what's going on, be very descriptive on what you've done and whats happening, or follow the link to their website and email her there.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: China Mobile

mcc.cbu is a n00b

hi horn doctor. tried baf's MSL grabber but didn't work. error retrieving information. also tried ##786# but there are only 2 choices on the menu - reset and cancel. so no chance of updating there. also tried the MSL generator but the MSL generated does not unlock EPST edit.

thank you for trying though.

I guess it is up to CMONEX now. guess I'll have to wait for her HSPL designed for special rhod id. (sorry for calling her a "he")

any more ideas? i'm willing to try. thank you all.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:02 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
hi horn doctor. tried baf's MSL grabber but didn't work. error retrieving information. also tried ##786# but there are only 2 choices on the menu - reset and cancel. so no chance of updating there. also tried the MSL generator but the MSL generated does not unlock EPST edit.

thank you for trying though.

I guess it is up to CMONEX now. guess I'll have to wait for her HSPL designed for special rhod id. (sorry for calling her a "he")

any more ideas? i'm willing to try. thank you all.
You could try to get your msl with this:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...mogul-etc.html

I would think there has to be a way to update the model id. Maybe use QPST?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:17 PM
Lurker

mcc.cbu is a n00b

hi horndoctor. I tried the app you suggested. can't grab MSL. just hangs on reading logs stays there for a long while, then I have to exit the program. thank you though.

one quick question.. if it managed to get the MSL, and I can update the model ID, is it going to security lock the device? have to ask because the tri-color screen now shows that it is security unlocked.

thanks again.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:13 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

Quote:
hi horndoctor. I tried the app you suggested. can't grab MSL. just hangs on reading logs stays there for a long while, then I have to exit the program. thank you though.

one quick question.. if it managed to get the MSL, and I can update the model ID, is it going to security lock the device? have to ask because the tri-color screen now shows that it is security unlocked.

thanks again.
Bummer. You should be able to get your MSL from Sprint by calling and asking nicely.

Don't worry about the Security Unlocked notification while in bootloader. All WinMo devices show that when you go into bootloader. You won't change that.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:14 AM
Lurker

mcc.cbu is a n00b

hi horndoctor. yea, it was disappointing. thing is, I cannot call sprint because I'm using my TP2 in china - hence the need to find "other" ways to update the model ID.

i'm currently running XDandroid on it because WM6.5 is a pain downside is phone loses signal during sleep mode. kind of between a rock and a hard place? sigh..

thanks lot for your ideas. keep em coming. who knows I might hit a jackpot.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

adam1 is becoming a great contributor

people GOSH i been sending tickets for the last 2 month about unlocking problem and still waiting i need to unlock the phone and it says i been unlocking another phones and i need to contact them to give me a license to do the phone and its my first phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-06-2011, 01:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

havieri23 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam1 View Post
people GOSH i been sending tickets for the last 2 month about unlocking problem and still waiting i need to unlock the phone and it says i been unlocking another phones and i need to contact them to give me a license to do the phone and its my first phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i'm also waiting for a HSPL unlock. its been a few days since i sent a ticket. got a replacement tp2, and can't get it unlocked.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development