PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2010, 11:30 PM
non
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

non is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [HSPL-UNLOCKER] - - Rhodium W HardSPL

I have done absolutely everything to get this unlocker to run. I've unlocked several phones previously, (different ppcs I've had over the last few yrs). This one; however, Will Not Run. I have not used it before.
My phone hangs at 0%.
I just installed Vista on the laptop I attempted to run the unlocker on, and did not have an A/V running or installed. Windows Firewall was completely disabled in services. I even disabled Windows Defender!
I submitted a ticket several days ago, but I have not gotten a response from them yet.
Does anyone know of any other unlockers for Sprint cdma tp2s?
Any roms w/ built in unlockers??

Last edited by non; 09-22-2010 at 11:27 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:27 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Read the last few pages, probably in here a bunch, but I know I had a problem with the version of stock ROM.

Flash to a much older stock ROM (last year at least), which is when the unlocker was made...

I'm sure this has been said many times... but, again... you can flash within stock ROMs without unlocking (older & newer)... but you need to unlock to flash a custom ROM. Flash an old stock ROM & retry...

Last edited by teradog; 09-22-2010 at 08:52 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: verizon

ichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Verizon - Re: [HSPL-UNLOCKER] - - Rhodium W HardSPL

Hi teradog,

before anything, let me say thanks for the amount of work you went to putting all this data in one place. that's truly over and above...

so, update: in a word: no dice!

i started by dusting off an old desktop running windows xp pro sp3, turned off the firewall, removed antivirus, spyware software.

then i downloaded the "Download newest RhodiumW Hard-SPL package here" from your link (even though i already have a million copies ha ha).

extracted the RhodiumW-HardSPL_V1_10R3.exe program into a new directory.

installed and activated activesync 4.5. (downloaded it from microsoft)

ran activesync and connected with my tp2. btw, i was also using a brand new USB cable.

so new usb cable, new computer, new copy of the hardspl executable, no firewall, no antivirus/spyware, new activesync, desktop and tp2 connected via activesync, internet access determined as valid by way of downloading activesync from microsoft's website, checking email.....

ran RhodiumW-HardSPL_V1_10R3.exe from c:\hardspl\ directory.

chose Automatic flash option,
message box pops up about working to id phone, press ok and wait...did that

then i got the message that i've unlocked a phone before and would i like to donate to their cause? this should indicate that communications between phone and tp2 worked yes?

so, no good.

i downloaded and executed the Manual SSPL program to my phone. IT DOES NOT GO TO A BLACK SCREEN. it simply freezes. no response to any keys or buttons. no black screen, no nothing.

i edited my trouble ticket information on the olipro/cmonex support website with this information, but have not heard back from them. wait a sec, i'll go check right now...

nope, no response yet.

dude, let it go. it's just not supposed to be. i'm going to go develop another clock for the phone or something until my next phone upgrade comes along, maybe i'll have better luck then.

again, thanks a ton for your involvement. really appreciated.

marvin
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:19 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Have any VERIZON users unlocked lately???
If so please post a yes.

Also, ichthus above has tried all the tricks, can someone review his process above (razor or flyers.. or anyone?) and see if he missed anything? I'm on Sprint so I'm limited in my ability to help him. I believe he's also flashed an older Verizon ROM on his phone..

Remember, HE'S PAID FOR THIS ALSO!

Please post...

Ichthus, one thing I see now.. if you get that message, you have to use a different computer!? Didn't get your answer if this "new" computer was the one that you did it on in the first place...

I linked these posts to him in a PM as well:
[HSPL-UNLOCKER] - - Rhodium W HardSPL
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1891654-post2035.html

"then i got the message that i've unlocked a phone before and would i like to donate to their cause?"

So, even though he's donated, they've got his number & he has to everytime? OR, just use another computer again? thoughts?

Last edited by teradog; 09-22-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:49 AM
non
Lurker

non is a n00b
Re: Verizon - Re: [HSPL-UNLOCKER] - - Rhodium W HardSPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichthus View Post
Hi teradog,

i downloaded and executed the Manual SSPL program to my phone. IT DOES NOT GO TO A BLACK SCREEN. it simply freezes. no response to any keys or buttons. no black screen, no nothing.

i edited my trouble ticket information on the olipro/cmonex support website with this information, but have not heard back from them. wait a sec, i'll go check right now...

nope, no response yet.

marvin

I feel your pain. Mine freezes when I try to run it from the device, too.

I have yet to hear anything RE: my ticket either.

This is trying!
Old 09-23-2010, 12:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

heem_infinite is just getting started

So I didn't read this post before trying to unlock my replacement TP2 because I didn't think I would have any problems. Since I used the same pc I can't now and just want to know that if I pay will I be able to unlock my phone from the same PC or do I need to use a different one? Also, If I pay will it work for sure or is all support for this program dead? Just trying to get some definite answers before giving them my money. thanks
Old 09-23-2010, 01:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularichthus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Have any VERIZON users unlocked lately???
If so please post a yes.

Ichthus, one thing I see now.. if you get that message, you have to use a different computer!? Didn't get your answer if this "new" computer was the one that you did it on in the first place...
Teradog, the trouble-shooting thread i posted was on the 3rd computer i've tried. i have never ran an unlocker on that desktop system so it should be considered a clean system...i guess.

thanks a gain for your technical support.

ichthus
Old 09-23-2010, 04:16 PM
non
Lurker

non is a n00b
Question Re: [HSPL-UNLOCKER] - - Rhodium W HardSPL

teradog,
RE: your reply to me several posts up, I d/l and installed an older Sprint stock rom last night. It installed, but upon the initial boot process (after installation), it hung at the Touch Pro 2 screen.
The screen that displays the radio, etc.
I had to reinstall the rom I'm trying so desperately to unlock.
:/
Do you have any specific stocks in mind?
Thorough instructions?
I'm going nuts trying to unlock this thing.
This is a Sprint refurb.
Ugh, I know.
Thanks again.
Hope you have some input for me.

Last edited by non; 09-23-2010 at 04:19 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

no offense meant...but "YEAH" i'm not the only one battling with unlocking a refurbished tp2.

Hey, i wonder what happens to olipro/cmonex's database when a person registers by their email address and tries to unlock a phone that has already been registered in their database? understand what i'm suggesting? the person who returned the phone i now have as a certified-as-new refurbished phone may have registered it under his email name to unlock it and now I'm trying to do it under my email name. wonder where i would ask that question and expect an answer???
Old 09-24-2010, 04:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Israel is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichthus View Post
no offense meant...but "YEAH" i'm not the only one battling with unlocking a refurbished tp2.

Hey, i wonder what happens to olipro/cmonex's database when a person registers by their email address and tries to unlock a phone that has already been registered in their database? understand what i'm suggesting? the person who returned the phone i now have as a certified-as-new refurbished phone may have registered it under his email name to unlock it and now I'm trying to do it under my email name. wonder where i would ask that question and expect an answer???
At this point I am not expecting anything from these clowns anymore. It seems to be all about the money and nothing more. I suppose I'll learn to live with regular Sprint Rom and use cabs to modify. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

They claim "transparancy" and that it is free- YEA RIGHT! Asta la vista Olipro/cmonex

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development