PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 12:35 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [03-03-10] MR.X Sense 2.1_1921 [Build 21889.5.0.87]

After using this rom for just a couple days I can tell there is definitely a difference in performance, especially with messaging stuff.

Really liking this so far, BUT, I have one little annoyance that I think I caused myself, and can't figure out how I did it:

See how my text messages are showing up only on the left in landscape? Has anyone ever seen anything like this?

Old 03-09-2010, 01:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
After using this rom for just a couple days I can tell there is definitely a difference in performance, especially with messaging stuff.

Really liking this so far, BUT, I have one little annoyance that I think I caused myself, and can't figure out how I did it:

See how my text messages are showing up only on the left in landscape? Has anyone ever seen anything like this?
yeah, same thing here so doubt it was anything you did, or if it probably even supposed to be like that.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:42 PM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

ya it's a sense thing.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:43 PM
i like turtles

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
yeah, same thing here so doubt it was anything you did, or if it probably even supposed to be like that.
I could have SWORN the text went all the way to the right lol.

Did you install HD walls background?

What about the No HTC Messaging fix cab?

tryin to think what else... I installed the stock slider and stock clock cab... I can't really think of anything else that I installed for sense though :/

Can anyone else confirm this is how it is supposed to be? lol
Old 03-09-2010, 03:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

bullhead00 is keeping up the good workbullhead00 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to bullhead00

Quote:
I could have SWORN the text went all the way to the right lol.

Did you install HD walls background?

What about the No HTC Messaging fix cab?

tryin to think what else... I installed the stock slider and stock clock cab... I can't really think of anything else that I installed for sense though :/

Can anyone else confirm this is how it is supposed to be? lol
It's like that on every 21xxx Sense 2.1 ROM I've ran, including Energy and Mighty. And all I ever run is 21xxx with Sense 2.1.

06 GTO Quicksilver/Red leather/M6, 1 of 104
Old 03-09-2010, 03:13 PM
i like turtles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullhead00 View Post
It's like that on every 21xxx Sense 2.1 ROM I've ran, including Energy and Mighty. And all I ever run is 21xxx with Sense 2.1.
I just figured out it's the htc messaging fix cab. I uninstalled it and right away the messages tab went to the way I expected it in landscape.

We should track down the registry changes that cab makes and just do it manually I think. Whatever the cab is doing is messing up manila files. I thought it was just a reg edit that was needed...

btw the cab name was "Disable HTC Messaging.cab"

Last edited by chronster; 03-09-2010 at 03:27 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touchpro2
Carrier: Telus

medic88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmedic88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmedic88 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
I just figured out it's the htc messaging fix cab. I uninstalled it and right away the messages tab went to the way I expected it in landscape.

We should track down the registry changes that cab makes and just do it manually I think. Whatever the cab is doing is messing up manila files. I thought it was just a reg edit that was needed...

btw the cab name was "Disable HTC Messaging.cab"
I was just about to say that messaging is working and looking fine on mine. Glad you found the cause.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:36 PM
i like turtles

Where is the default sense wallpaper located? I'd like to change it rather than install a BG4all cab and risk messing sense up (just got done getting it back to normal after a bad bg4all cab.)
Old 03-10-2010, 01:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Where is the default sense wallpaper located? I'd like to change it rather than install a BG4all cab and risk messing sense up (just got done getting it back to normal after a bad bg4all cab.)
just go to the change wallpaper setting from the settings tab on touchflo and than when the popup asks if you want to use the default wallpaper choose yes.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:07 PM
i like turtles

Quote:
Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post
just go to the change wallpaper setting from the settings tab on touchflo and than when the popup asks if you want to use the default wallpaper choose yes.
lol well actually what I'm trying to do is get a different background but on all tabs.

I installed the stock sense clock and that disabled the background on all tabs. Then I tried installing a cab that would do that for me, but it wasn't adjusting the image for landscape. So I got the brilliant notion to replace whatever wallpaper the default is pointing at to be what I want, in both portrait and landscape, but I don't think I'm looking at the right files.

So I guess HDWalls will be my solution lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development