PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2011, 01:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

newmant is keeping up the good worknewmant is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |July 4| 21916|29022 * Sense 2021 + flavors

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugaryling View Post
I'm having a problem with the creating a new text. When i start a new text, I type a person's partial name in with the qwerty keyboard and a list of matching names should show up. This doesn't happen. No matter how many characters I type in, names wont populate. Even if I type in the full name exactly how it's save. The only way to get names to populate is to delete the last character I type (it can be a space too). Very strange. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?
good to see you figured out the burning process, as for the new text issue which ROM are you using? I'm assuming your opening a new sms page, so I tried it on the ROM I'm running Energy.RHODCDMA.29022.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Jul.04 and everything is working for both the screen keyboard and the slidout keyboard, I also didn't see anything that would let you turn this function on/off.
Haven't heard anyone else report this type of problem, though you may want to look in the wiki page and do a search in the CDMA forum to see if you can find anything posted about it.
also you may just have to do a reburn of the rom and be sure you do the task29 and if you have installed any cabs - check to see if this function is working before you start to install the cabs you like to use, there is allot of great work done in the cabing area but sometimes they will mess with the perfomance of the OS so you have to be a little cautious with which cabs you install.

hope this helps.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint

kasim is keeping up the good workkasim is keeping up the good workkasim is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugaryling View Post
I'm having a problem with the creating a new text. When i start a new text, I type a person's partial name in with the qwerty keyboard and a list of matching names should show up. This doesn't happen. No matter how many characters I type in, names wont populate. Even if I type in the full name exactly how it's save. The only way to get names to populate is to delete the last character I type (it can be a space too). Very strange. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?
I'm having the same issue with past 6 month and i tried all kind of diff Rom flavors.
Same fix i use, type 3-4 characters and delete one and i got list.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (HTC_Touch_Pro2_T7373 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC)/UC Browser7.8.0.95/31/352)

this is a known problem using the swype keyboard. Are you using swype?
Old 10-17-2011, 01:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

eazy2001x is keeping up the good workeazy2001x is keeping up the good workeazy2001x is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Nov 13| 21916|28244 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazy2001x View Post

UPDATE.. I made 20 hours on one charge last night..

03_Maxx134_BatterySavings_ReducePollingIntercals cab its actually 2.29k off the charger at 7am and back on with 5% batt at 3am. I also added the disable smart card and TVOUT driver cabs and it still seems to have the same times.. besides that i have the 07_neuBatt cab for the USB 900ma charging.

I installed the usb 900ma cab first then reset the device. Went into the software and enabled fast charge and nothing else. at that point it only reads batt in 10% blocks. I then went back and installed the batt polling cab and restarted again then installed the disable smart card and TV out. Can someone else try that on a fresh install of Energy.RHODCDMA.28244.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Nov.13.7 z and see if you get the same results please.

Ok, I hade 20 hours on a full charge with this rom.. what needs to be done so i can get it up to par with the current ROM? i might just need the bluetooth fix... cause right now i get like 6-8 hours charge..
Old 10-17-2011, 04:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch Pro two

markw5252 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
music skips

Great ROM! One issue though: using the music player tab, any song I play skips every couple seconds. doesn't seem to matter what bit rate. Also, in library, artist and album tabs are completely blank. If I open up Windows media player (on tp2), songs play fine and artist/album tags are fine. I would much rather use the music player tab, so what can I do to fix the skipping buffer issue?
Mark
Old 10-18-2011, 12:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: BOOST

mackharoni is a n00b

nrg done cooking up for this device. he working on something more up to date and better device
Old 10-18-2011, 05:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

morrismeng is a n00b

I'm using latest Energy room. And some how my proximity sensor is always on, when I'm not making phone calls. How can I disable it?
Old 10-19-2011, 01:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Trailblazerman is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by powinmo View Post
No idea what you are doing, but I have that exact ROM running on over 6+ TP2s with no issues or lockups with WiMoSpeed around 633 or so.

Dial down your overclocking on WiMoSpeed maybe by 1 tick and see if that helps. You are probably overaggressive on the OC. Read the wiki and various faqs about OCing on this platform.
OK, I did lower the OC with no improvement. I wasn't clear, my phone doesn't lock up, it hangs. So I had the bright idea to go back to the Titanium interface. It runs like a dream. The Sense interface is jerky and laggy and hangs up a lot.

I restored the cookie 1.85 from a previous save off another ROM. I'm going to try resetting the cookie settings to default and see if the settings import is what's causing the problem.

Thanks for your help powinmo.

Edit: I put SPB Mobile Shell on there and it runs like a dream. I've never seen this shell. It is really, really nice. I believe that I've found a winner.

Last edited by Trailblazerman; 10-21-2011 at 02:43 AM. Reason: addition of another shell
Old 10-21-2011, 11:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

jmana is just getting started

I need some urgent help, I sold a TP 2 with the Energy Rom on it at Ebay, and the guy that bought it has no tech skills at all, and cannot get Sprint to activate it on his account. I am thinking he is going to have to revert back to the Sprint Rom to activate the phone, but I need a set of super simple steps for him to take to do this, or some super simple steps for him to take to get it activated using the Energy Rom. I have already tried helping him as much as I could, but he keeps saying all the Sprint people he talks to don't know how to do it. Please help!
Old 10-21-2011, 02:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Boost

newmant is keeping up the good worknewmant is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmana View Post
I need some urgent help, I sold a TP 2 with the Energy Rom on it at Ebay, and the guy that bought it has no tech skills at all, and cannot get Sprint to activate it on his account. I am thinking he is going to have to revert back to the Sprint Rom to activate the phone, but I need a set of super simple steps for him to take to do this, or some super simple steps for him to take to get it activated using the Energy Rom. I have already tried helping him as much as I could, but he keeps saying all the Sprint people he talks to don't know how to do it. Please help!
Sounds like they will need to reflash to a Stock Sprint ROM, you should be able to find one in this forum - search Sprint Stock ROM. after they reflash to stock they may have to relock the phone - search relocking touch pro 2 CDMA and you should find info on how to do this.

Hope this helps.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development