newmant
PPCGeeks Regular

newmant is keeping up the good worknewmant is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |July 4| 21916|29022 * Sense 2021 + flavors

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugaryling View Post
I'm having a problem with the creating a new text. When i start a new text, I type a person's partial name in with the qwerty keyboard and a list of matching names should show up. This doesn't happen. No matter how many characters I type in, names wont populate. Even if I type in the full name exactly how it's save. The only way to get names to populate is to delete the last character I type (it can be a space too). Very strange. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?
good to see you figured out the burning process, as for the new text issue which ROM are you using? I'm assuming your opening a new sms page, so I tried it on the ROM I'm running Energy.RHODCDMA.29022.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Jul.04 and everything is working for both the screen keyboard and the slidout keyboard, I also didn't see anything that would let you turn this function on/off.
Haven't heard anyone else report this type of problem, though you may want to look in the wiki page and do a search in the CDMA forum to see if you can find anything posted about it.
also you may just have to do a reburn of the rom and be sure you do the task29 and if you have installed any cabs - check to see if this function is working before you start to install the cabs you like to use, there is allot of great work done in the cabing area but sometimes they will mess with the perfomance of the OS so you have to be a little cautious with which cabs you install.

hope this helps.