PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2011, 10:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

I can also confirm that although battery performance has not always been the best with Nrgy, I have not fried any Batts.

I just flashed to June 1 Cookie 1.8.5. I was on the Tax day ROM and it had been good to me except for memory problems. (0 page pool) I am using a 19 pp now and it seems better, at least with memory issues. Overall it seems slower. I have not tested DRM yet, but I will soon. i was not going to flash, but my outlook blew up at work, and since I was reloading contacts. I figured give it a go.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:35 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |May 14| 21916|29020 * Sense 2021 + flavors

I was out in NYC last night and lost my TP2. Now I cannot even tinker anymore. Sad day!
Old 06-16-2011, 11:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

whoppert is a n00b

Hey NRG thanks a lot for this ROM. It's much better than stock!

The only thing I'm still having an issue with is the phone freezing from all the threaded messages. It'll take more than 10 seconds to get to the main screen sometimes and several seconds to load the SMS screen. Does anyone/everyone else have this issue? Is there a fix?

Thanks!
Old 06-16-2011, 11:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Longview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoppert View Post
Hey NRG thanks a lot for this ROM. It's much better than stock!

The only thing I'm still having an issue with is the phone freezing from all the threaded messages. It'll take more than 10 seconds to get to the main screen sometimes and several seconds to load the SMS screen. Does anyone/everyone else have this issue? Is there a fix?

Thanks!
The fix is to clean out your messages.
Not trying to be a smart ass
It is a known issue. Try to clean out some old messages if you can - that will speed it up.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

whoppert is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longview View Post
The fix is to clean out your messages.
Not trying to be a smart ass
It is a known issue. Try to clean out some old messages if you can - that will speed it up.
Yea, I know "fix", but I really want to keep my messages! So there's no real fix for this problem? Is this issue being looked into or is the way it's working currently the best I can hope for on the TP2 anytime in the near future?
Old 06-17-2011, 12:48 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoppert View Post
Yea, I know "fix", but I really want to keep my messages! So there's no real fix for this problem? Is this issue being looked into or is the way it's working currently the best I can hope for on the TP2 anytime in the near future?
I would suggest that unless you really, really need the messages to just get rid of them like was suggested, a lot of these guys have been using NRGs roms for a long time and know the in's and out's.

I would also suggest that if there are messages that you want to keep then just back them up and store them somewhere instead of bogging down the phone with all of them, you have to remember that the TP2 is an older phone and not made to do a lot of things that we put on it <yes i had a TP2 at one point> so you have to sacrafice sometimes.

Also suggest that if you are new to the NRG series of roms that you read the wiki and see what issues there are and what the solutions are, good luck.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:07 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuck View Post
I was out in NYC last night and lost my TP2. Now I cannot even tinker anymore. Sad day!
did you have some sort of tracker installed on the phone?

sad to hear you device was lost. Love your quick fixes and cabs (using your sleep on/off cab for wifi router).

Hope you get another TP2 to keep your tinkering addiction alive...

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 06-17-2011, 09:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

unL33T is a n00b

I removed the Mail and SMS tabs from the homescreen. Is there a way to make it so that when I click on the SMS or Mail buttons on the homescreen it opens Outlook instead of either opening those tabs (if they are enabled) or doing nothing at all (if they are [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]disabled[/COLOR][/COLOR]).

Also, when my phone is muted the alarms will still go off. MightyROM did not do this. Is this a setting I can change somewhere?

Lastly, when I open a text message Outlook scrolls to the one above the new one instead of all the way down so I can read the new one. Not major because I just just flick the screen to scroll down and read it but it's an extra step that, IMO, I shouldn't need to do to read a text message. Any tips on how to resolve?

I am using "Energy.RHODCDMA.29020.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.sen city .Jun.01"

Thanks.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:05 AM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
did you have some sort of tracker installed on the phone?

sad to hear you device was lost. Love your quick fixes and cabs (using your sleep on/off cab for wifi router).

Hope you get another TP2 to keep your tinkering addiction alive...
Had to remote wipe it before I could track it down. Happy to help anyone via PM if my lack of tinkering has me visiting even less frequently.

I played with android for a few months, and am knee deep in WP7 right now. I just bought an iPhone as a replacement to the TP2. I am surprised how little I like it. Lots of great apps though. I may have to give it to my wife.

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800, Alltel TP Raphael 800
Carrier: Vz

joeblow789 is keeping up the good workjoeblow789 is keeping up the good workjoeblow789 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by unL33T View Post
...when I open a text message Outlook scrolls to the one above the new one instead of all the way down so I can read the new one. Not major because I just just flick the screen to scroll down and read it but it's an extra step that, IMO, I shouldn't need to do to read a text message. Any tips on how to resolve?

I am using "Energy.RHODCDMA.29020.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.sen city .Jun.01"

Thanks.
Hey, you didn't address my questions in the other thread. I've noticed the same thing with text messages on a similar ROM, but I thought it was probably because I installed a different Arcsoft version. Did you install a different Arcsoft, and if so, what version & did you "uninstall" the cooked in version?

Also, could you please check your "Drafts" folder for Outlook & text messages? Are there a bunch of drafts accumulating in there? That's another quirk I've noticed.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development