PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2010, 11:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 28| 21914|23127 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by alalor View Post
Hello, I don't know if this is the correct forum, I read many pages on this thread, but I can't find the issue I want to know. I have a sprint phone, I read that there is a specific rom for cdma and one specific for gsm. if I flash mine to one of the Energy roms for cdma, can I still use my phone in gsm when I go to other countries?
The roms look great! and I can't wait for my phone to run faster, had it for 2 weeks and in the last two days it started running much slower, even loading sense takes longer. I close programs and it is still slow, I guess typical windows.
Thanks in advance.
Al
U have a cdma touch pro 2? then yes u are definitely in the right place. This would be a great rom for u to flash, to be able to use your phone in other countries is also possible when using energy rom. Im not sure how it goes with sprint but with verizon I would have to contact them for global service and Im sure u would have to do the same. Having a custom rom shouldnt effect this process if ur not security unlocked (not by the carrier) for the sim
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:38 PM
VIP Member

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 28| 21914|23127 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
yes you can still use your phone internationally with this rom.
Sorry bro didnt know u had replied
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:38 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewahlrus View Post
Where did Sprint Nav and TV come from?
lol bro sounds like he's on the stock rom if he has those two items on his phone, although i did install sprint nav a couple of days ago on my phone but have yet to get a sprint tv cab that works.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:39 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbloof View Post
Its part of the ROM? Not sure where they came from. I surely did not install those programs. (or added them to the tab options)
Thats really strange! I've always known Energy to be a generic ROM and not contain Carrier Specific Programs like that
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:43 PM
Android Soldier

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by howhi05 View Post
I use to have to do that but now i just export/import my cht settings using the chteditor. I normally import my cht settings after using xdauc, that way my quick links and sense settings are one less thing to worry about while setting everything up after a flash. xdauc use to do a good job with importing my quick links but lately it just messes up.
well like i have stated before i don't use anything to import my previous setting or anything besides pim backup for contacts, texts, emails as i don't want or need any headaches with all that backup software, plus it doesn't take me all that long to set up the phone again anyways, just the way i do it, to each their own, guess that's probably why i don't have the headaches most do that backup and re import stuff.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: at&t

howhi05 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhowhi05 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhowhi05 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alalor View Post
Hello, I don't know if this is the correct forum, I read many pages on this thread, but I can't find the issue I want to know. I have a sprint phone, I read that there is a specific rom for cdma and one specific for gsm. if I flash mine to one of the Energy roms for cdma, can I still use my phone in gsm when I go to other countries?
The roms look great! and I can't wait for my phone to run faster, had it for 2 weeks and in the last two days it started running much slower, even loading sense takes longer. I close programs and it is still slow, I guess typical windows.
Thanks in advance.
Al
Yea GSM should still be good. Take my word for it, im using at&t on my sprint TP2 with this rom. As far as the slowdowns it's definitely windows mobile. Try getting rid of some of your txt messages since that is known to slowdown sense.
I didn't experience that til recently when i started experimenting more with the page pool and thought pp of 12 was way to slow compared to 16. But once I got rid of a lot of my texts sense was flying again.
And restarting the phone frequently never hurts
Old 08-28-2010, 11:46 PM
Android Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
Sorry bro didnt know u had replied
it's all good, you went into a little more detail than me anyways.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: at&t

howhi05 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhowhi05 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhowhi05 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
well like i have stated before i don't use anything to import my previous setting or anything besides pim backup for contacts, texts, emails as i don't want or need any headaches with all that backup software, plus it doesn't take me all that long to set up the phone again anyways, just the way i do it, to each their own, guess that's probably why i don't have the headaches most do that backup and re import stuff.
Sorry man I didn't know. I thought u may have run into the same problem I had with xda_uc not importing quick links. I guess it never really is safe to assume.
But i do agree with you, it just seems like everything works that much better when you set it up manually. unfortunately i have too much to set up so anything automated is a necessity for me.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:00 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
I agree! Exporting and importing settings can carry flaws from a bad rom or even carry settings that u had on a different build that may not be compatible with the current rom or update... Its always safe to manually put in settings. +1 on that one!
Old 08-29-2010, 12:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

alalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good workalalor is keeping up the good work

wow, those were quick replies, thank you!!!
I will start working on it soon. I deleted a lot of e-mails and it started working much faster, probably if I get rid of even more, it will go back to original speed! So, this might be useful for some, it seems that e-mail accumulation can be just as bad for speed as text message accumulation!
I am glad to see that the cdma rom allows the gsm radio to work too.
I had a Palm Treo 800w before the Touch Pro2, and in the predictive text, it started remembering phrases I typed often, which saved a lot of time. Sometimes up to 4 or 5 words together, like "how are you?"as soon as I typed how. is there any rom that will do this on the TP2?
Thanks,
Al

Last edited by alalor; 08-29-2010 at 12:08 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development