PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2010, 10:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Telus

larry6667 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jul 21| 21911|23121 * Sense 2016

Can anyone explain hotfile to me? I turn on my computer after work to download the latest ROM and it say I am down loading it already...WTF? wait 30 min then it only work 50% of the time, What am I doing wrong here?
Old 07-22-2010, 10:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

apet8464 is keeping up the good workapet8464 is keeping up the good work
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jul 21| 21911|23121 * Sense 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry6667 View Post
Can anyone explain hotfile to me? I turn on my computer after work to download the latest ROM and it say I am down loading it already...WTF? wait 30 min then it only work 50% of the time, What am I doing wrong here?
Are you connecting through a proxy server by any chance? Unless you have a premium account, the Hotfile servers ID you by your IP. I've had this problem occasionally when connecting though a proxy server. It also happens when using 'thin' mobile browsers like Opera Mini or Skyfire - though that scenario would only apply to your phone, not your PC.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2

killawatts is a n00b

For some reason the newest release of 21911 won't load sense as long as the memory card is inserted... if I connect it via usb as a disk drive sense loads, but if I boot the phone with a card inserted it won't. I've never had this problem anymore and recently backedup/formatted/restored the card. Its such a strange issue! It was not like this before the most recent release.

**EDIT**

If I boot the phone on its own sense will not load until I connect the phone to my computer as a disk drive, then suddenly it loads right away. After I disconnect the phone sense continues to run fine. Could there be a startup item on the card that its hanging up on?

Last edited by killawatts; 07-22-2010 at 10:37 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2

larry6667 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by apet8464 View Post
Are you connecting through a proxy server by any chance? Unless you have a premium account, the Hotfile servers ID you by your IP. I've had this problem occasionally when connecting though a proxy server. It also happens when using 'thin' mobile browsers like Opera Mini or Skyfire - though that scenario would only apply to your phone, not your PC.
I am using google chrome. But I am tethering thru my phone...
Old 07-22-2010, 10:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: Sprint

solarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinttouch666 View Post
No, unless you hear otherwise from NRG he is not giving up on MaxSense. MaxSense 1.05 was released in the last round of froms (July 16th), and 1.06 hasnot been released yet. Maxcy just cant keep up with NRG's pace
sorry but the best and most important update of all was done since july 16th with big's rom. I don't know if it's maxsense or not, but it sounds like its at least the graphics that were included in max sense. It has increased the ram left by 10%. It is amazing!!!

Finally a memory you can run more stuff with! It seems to make the device slightly quicker as well =) I can sure run lots of things at once now too. I love it! I do like the IE with flash of nrg, the in-call record, and many of the apps he includes. Now if only we could combine both kitchens to make a ROM OF THE GODS!

remember when mike and juicy made a collaboration rom? Man that would be sweet to see a BIGnRg max sense celestial embrace. at least for one rom =)

peace

Last edited by solarflarex; 07-22-2010 at 10:44 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

galonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuffgalonzo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by killawatts View Post
For some reason the newest release of 21911 won't load sense as long as the memory card is inserted... if I connect it via usb as a disk drive sense loads, but if I boot the phone with a card inserted it won't. I've never had this problem anymore and recently backedup/formatted/restored the card. Its such a strange issue! It was not like this before the most recent release.

**EDIT**

If I boot the phone on its own sense will not load until I connect the phone to my computer as a disk drive, then suddenly it loads right away. After I disconnect the phone sense continues to run fine. Could there be a startup item on the card that its hanging up on?
I had this same issue on a past release (7/8 21911 maybe?), after formatting the card the 1st time, I ended up having to "scan and repair" the drive, then delete the Storage Card>Application Data>HTC folder before it would act normal again, fwiw.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2

killawatts is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by galonzo View Post
I ended up having to "scan and repair" the drive, then delete the Storage Card>Application Data>HTC folder before it would act normal again, fwiw.
I'm sure that's it... didn't think to delete it! Thanks a bundle.

**EDIT**

That was it! I'll remember that for my next update.

Last edited by killawatts; 07-22-2010 at 11:12 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:38 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry6667 View Post
I am using google chrome. But I am tethering thru my phone...
I use to have tons of nightmare issues with hotfile... waiting 2 hours for another failure... I can't remember what I did 2 fix... For sure, delete all your browser cache, reboot, etc.. (freeware Windows Cleanup 4.5.2)

Insure all scripts can run, popup windows etc..

A trick I use to use was to switch browsers & try another download.. which usually works. Sometimes I had to pull my wifi card in my laptop, sometimes reboot & usually reboot phone also to get another ip.. I NEVER waited again.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:46 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Sprint

p1garcia is a n00b

Is there a way to get outlook to show emails as threads(conversations) as it was in previous builds?
Old 07-22-2010, 11:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
I use to have tons of nightmare issues with hotfile... waiting 2 hours for another failure... I can't remember what I did 2 fix... For sure, delete all your browser cache, reboot, etc.. (freeware Windows Cleanup 4.5.2)

Insure all scripts can run, popup windows etc..

A trick I use to use was to switch browsers & try another download.. which usually works. Sometimes I had to pull my wifi card in my laptop, sometimes reboot & usually reboot phone also to get another ip.. I NEVER waited again.
Ever since I started using Firefox I havent had any issues with Hotfile

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development