PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2010, 09:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

braveally is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Jun 11| 21905|23569 | MaxSense / Sense 201

I'm loving the new rom, but i am still getting a lot of bugs. Sense keeps on freezing up and when I reset it (thanks to the handy reset toggle), Sense starts beck up with all the home screens meshed into one. If not that then the lock screen freezes and doesn't show up sometimes. I have to reset my device 2-3 times a day.
Other issues I have on occasion:
Non-working speaker
Missing Wifi Device
Loss of touch functionality
Anyone have any insight into this? Are there any settings to optimize the rom that I am missing or is there a chance that my phone is defective? Any way to check?
The only major changes I can think of that I made was having palringo start when the device boots and enabling the CHT lockscreen.
I really like the roms and would love to continue using them. You can see my current version in my signature. Is there a more stable energy rom than the one I am currently using? If possible I would really love to keep sense on my phone.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: AT&T

SouthernAtHeart is becoming a great contributor
21905 versus 23569

I'm looking for user input on what you think the difference is between the two? Is the 21xxx line typically more stable, or has the 23xxx line pretty well had the bugs picked out? Is one noticably faster in general?
Old 06-14-2010, 10:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work
Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Jun 11| 21905|23569 | MaxSense / Sense 201

Generally a big fan of NRG... was on the may 16th 23569 version of cookie for a while with no major issues... upgraded to the June 11th version of the same ROM yesterday, as I noticed reasonably upgrades over the course of 3 weeks... I absolutely love the ROM except for one major drawback, which would be a deal breaker for me... I CANNOT get GPS lock, ever... I've tried Bing, Google and Garmin, and none get a clear lock... I've switched from auto intermediate driver to COM 4 in all programs, and still no luck... does anyone have suggestions? I spent an hour last night upgrading and customizing and would hate to have it all for naught... any help on this would be much appreciated, and apologize in advance if this had been discussed... and for the record, yes, I've turned the CDMA location services on and off, etc... I just get no lock at all with this rom where I had no issue with the may 16th version of the same ROM... Thx, Andrew
Old 06-14-2010, 10:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

nicweezy is a n00b

where can i find the older roms??
Old 06-14-2010, 10:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work
Re: 21905 versus 23569

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernAtHeart View Post
I'm looking for user input on what you think the difference is between the two? Is the 21xxx line typically more stable, or has the 23xxx line pretty well had the bugs picked out? Is one noticably faster in general?
I switched to the 23xxx line of ROMs a couple months back, and generally are really stable... only issue I have on latest cookie ROM is GPS lock which I'm sorting out... short of that, very stable and finger friendly...
Old 06-14-2010, 10:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

pmatthewsatiug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpmatthewsatiug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpmatthewsatiug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpmatthewsatiug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyjay View Post
Follow this thread Task29 and dl the .exe Ziggy made in post #9. It basically flashes task29 with the splash screen, so after it's done you'll have to go into bootloader mode to flash a new rom.

Thanks. I've read about Ziggy so many times and now decided to give it a try. It's a true time saver.

I'm wondering if anyone has information on how to keep your contacts in the same order on the HTC Contact tab. My contacts are stored in Exchange, so each time I flash they get downloaded automatically. But they always end up in some random order. It's not a big deal, but something I'd like to address. Thanks for any ideas.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:23 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmatthewsatiug View Post
Thanks. I've read about Ziggy so many times and now decided to give it a try. It's a true time saver.

I'm wondering if anyone has information on how to keep your contacts in the same order on the HTC Contact tab. My contacts are stored in Exchange, so each time I flash they get downloaded automatically. But they always end up in some random order. It's not a big deal, but something I'd like to address. Thanks for any ideas.

That is the one mystery we have all been trying to fix...same shit happens to me....I played with it and gave up....
Old 06-14-2010, 10:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

btstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_c_s View Post
Generally a big fan of NRG... was on the may 16th 23569 version of cookie for a while with no major issues... upgraded to the June 11th version of the same ROM yesterday, as I noticed reasonably upgrades over the course of 3 weeks... I absolutely love the ROM except for one major drawback, which would be a deal breaker for me... I CANNOT get GPS lock, ever... I've tried Bing, Google and Garmin, and none get a clear lock... I've switched from auto intermediate driver to COM 4 in all programs, and still no luck... does anyone have suggestions? I spent an hour last night upgrading and customizing and would hate to have it all for naught... any help on this would be much appreciated, and apologize in advance if this had been discussed... and for the record, yes, I've turned the CDMA location services on and off, etc... I just get no lock at all with this rom where I had no issue with the may 16th version of the same ROM... Thx, Andrew
Try re-flashing just the radio; it might work. I have no trouble getting GPS lock. Did you Task29 or flash stock before upgrading, and did you hard-reset after the upgrade?
Old 06-14-2010, 10:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: GALAXY NEXUS

shaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuff

I just flashed to cookie 23xxx 6/11, and I got double scroll bar in messaging, last ROM i used that didnt have double scroll bar was 5/16, how do i get rid of it? i tried editing threadsms.html or whatever, the text "scroll" isnt there for me to delete...???
Old 06-14-2010, 10:43 PM
mp1
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

mp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmatthewsatiug View Post

I'm wondering if anyone has information on how to keep your contacts in the same order on the HTC Contact tab. My contacts are stored in Exchange, so each time I flash they get downloaded automatically. But they always end up in some random order.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
That is the one mystery we have all been trying to fix...same shit happens to me....I played with it and gave up....
If you are talking about the quick links on the contacts tab, I use MS MyPhone and my contacts always restore in the same order.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development